$$&#@&$@!!! TJ Simers

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LALAKE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: $$&#@&$@!!! TJ Simers

Read his garbage about Brand in the Times.......
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject:

nope
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject:

mrdectown wrote:
nope

Exactly!

He got a Clipper up his ars here late. He tried to go outside the mainstream. Now he can't come back.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject:

The nice thing about people like Simers is, unlike real problems, if you just ignore them, they'll go away. He's a (bleep) stirrer. Even if it's negative, getting a response means you read the piece.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject:

If you're so pissed off with T.J. Simers, why do you reward him and give him what he wants by reading his bullcrap?

I never get that. That's exactly what they're trying to do and you completely give that to them. I saw the title and just passed right over it. You think TJ doesn't know this is a Lakers town and we'll see that and get pissed? Stop freakin rewarding him, and then making it worse by posting it here so that another 1,000 fans will also click and read him.
LALAKE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
If you're so pissed off with T.J. Simers, why do you reward him and give him what he wants by reading his bullcrap?

I never get that. That's exactly what they're trying to do and you completely give that to them. I saw the title and just passed right over it. You think TJ doesn't know this is a Lakers town and we'll see that and get pissed? Stop freakin rewarding him, and then making it worse by posting it here so that another 1,000 fans will also click and read him.

I can post whatever the F I want to post.....Like I'm the blame. All of the articles that have been posted over the last few weeks and you want to try to blast me? :roll: How am I rewarding Simers? Did he make any money off of me posting this?
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject:

LALAKE wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

No one is blaming you for anything. You are just not "helping the cause" No biggie.

I can post whatever the F I want to post.....Like I'm the blame. All of the articles that have been posted over the last few weeks and you want to try to blast me? :roll: How am I rewarding Simers? Did he make any money off of me posting this?

DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject:

I stopped reading anything TJ has to say a long time ago. He's just like Sir Charles, trying to be "controversial", minus the personality. Chuck is at times likeable, whereas TJ just comes across as a prick 24/7.
strattegos
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
I stopped reading anything TJ has to say a long time ago. He's just like Sir Charles, trying to be "controversial", minus the personality. Chuck is at times likeable, whereas TJ just comes across as a prick 24/7.

Exactly, I used to think he was pretty annoying but still funny, but he just doesn't have anything to say/write worth listening/reading, pure loss of time
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:

TJ is great, I never miss an article. But I have to wonder what username Sylvia Avila is posting under here at LG?
statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Good article. I too wondered why Kobe became so passive in the 4th quarter. Yeah, him taking a bunch of shots probably wasn't going to win the game, but it was their only chance. Maybe he could've caught fire like he did against Dallas or Toronto (god knows the Suns defense is worse than either of those teams) and willed the team to victory. Then we would've had the Hallway series everyone wanted. I guess we'll never know.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Statman, what is your take as a Clippers fan on Dunleavy's coaching job in the series?

In my opinion, he lost it for them single-handedly with his bonehead substitution in Game 5 at the end.
statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Lanny, I thought he made some horrible substitutions in all three of the close Clipper losses. In game #1 he took Brand out at a critical time, in game #3 he didn't play Cassell until the final minute of the 4th, and in game #5 .. wtf was he thinking?

However, Dunleavy is a key reason the Clippers got as far as they did, and he's the best coach the team has had in over a decade. Like all coaches, he doesn't get much credit when the Clippers win (the gameplan for this series was solid), and he gets too much blame when they lose. In both games 3 and 5 the Clippers came back from double-digit deficits thanks to good adjustments, but no one remembers that because they ended up losing. He's a good coach.
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject:

statman wrote:
Good article. I too wondered why Kobe became so passive in the 4th quarter. Yeah, him taking a bunch of shots probably wasn't going to win the game, but it was their only chance. Maybe he could've caught fire like he did against Dallas or Toronto (god knows the Suns defense is worse than either of those teams) and willed the team to victory. Then we would've had the Hallway series everyone wanted. I guess we'll never know.

I disagree, it was a bad article. If you look at one key thing you can see why Kobe and Brand were not in the same situation in their Game 7's against the Suns. Just look at the play-by-play line for both games and look in particular at the 8:52 mark of the 3rd quarter. Here you go, from last night's game:

8:52 Chris Kaman makes layup 69-77

And here's the exact same spot in Game 7 of the 1st round:

8:52 Raja Bell makes layup 71-50

See the difference? With just over 3 minutes passed in the second half, and with Kobe having scored 23 points the Lakers were down 21. Conversely, in last night's game with just over 3 minutes passed in the second half with Brand having scored 24 points the Clippers were just down 8. Also, unlike Kobe, Brand is a post-up interior player, so going to him is in keeping with the strategy which is agreed upon as the way to defeat Phoenix, and is in keeping with what the Lakers were trying to do by going inside to Kwame, Luke and Lamar instead of relying on Kobe's outside shooting. The Lakers have also stated that it was their intention to try to exploit Nash's injury by going to Smush, so what you get in those first three-plus minutes of the second half is Smush going 0-3, Kwame going 0-2, Odom going 0-2, and Luke going 1-4. You also had these Lakers missing no less than 4 shots that were right at the rim in those first three-plus minutes.

As to your assertion that Kobe should have just shot it like crazy in the 4th quarter, the reality is that the game was over by that point. The Lakers started the 4th quarter down 23, as opposed to the Clips being down 15 heading into the 4th last night (the Lakers were down that same 15 at halftime). The all-time NBA record for a comeback in the 4th quarter of a Game 7 is held by the Lakers, and is 15 points, and of course they did that at home. As Kobe has said, you can't demoralize the Suns by just scoring a lot of points in one quarter, you can only do it by defense. The Lakers played none in Game 7 and that's why they lost, not because Kobe didn't shoot it enough in the 4th quarter when they were staring down a near-impossible defecit. The Clippers ended up in just as bad a shape as the Lakers were in, but the game was definitely in reach for them until about 90 seconds were left in the 3rd quarter when it was still just a 10 point game (at that same point in the Lakers' Game 7 LA was down 25).

It's a stupid article because it's trying to say that Elton kept playing in the same situation that Kobe did not; but as you can see, these players were not in the same situation because of the huge discrepancy in the score differential and because Elton is an inside player while Kobe is not. It's just Simmers trying to take a potshot at Kobe when there's really no reason to.

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: