you know what, i'm gonna spew a little hate for a minute...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
32tapout
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

The Future 12 wrote:
How can you hate Duncan? he embodies everything the NBA should be. He doesn't rape women, molest children, get caught with drugs, he is a good role model for kids. Quit crying, Tim Duncan is one of the top 10 PF's of all time and he's not a jerkoff.

Actually, Duncan is not as nice as a guy as you think off the court. Last spring I ate lunch at a Saltgrass Steakhouse-a popular San Antonio eatery. In walked Duncan and Bowen for lunch after a morning practice. While they were waiting to be seated, a 9 or 10 year old girl came up and asked for autographs. Bowen obliged without a problem while Duncan ignored her and blew her off which probably didn't make that little girl feel good. I can understand if she was a groupie or had interupted his meal but they were waiting to be seated. It's king of ironic because Bowen despite his on-court antics actually is a good role model off the court and is involved with kids while Duncan is perceived as a "nice guy" on the court but off the court he's not as nice as people think.

Mr. NBA Logo on 6/24/05 on Spurs fans seeking validation from Laker fans.
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I have to say something, even though many of you in this thread may not want to hear it, but what the hell are you thinking if you're trying to claim the refs were trying to give that game to the Spurs? Don't you think if the refs were really backing the Spurs they wouldn't have called that and-1 foul on Ginobili at the end of regulation to give the Mavs a chance to tie it and send it to OT? If they'd let that go the Spurs would have been up one with the ball and only a few seconds left in the game. Come on, the refs weren't favoring either team and there was no conspiracy or else the Spurs would have won it in regulation with a non-call on that play.

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
dude1394
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Walter Sobchak wrote:
I have to say something, even though many of you in this thread may not want to hear it, but what the hell are you thinking if you're trying to claim the refs were trying to give that game to the Spurs? Don't you think if the refs were really backing the Spurs they wouldn't have called that and-1 foul on Ginobili at the end of regulation to give the Mavs a chance to tie it and send it to OT? If they'd let that go the Spurs would have been up one with the ball and only a few seconds left in the game. Come on, the refs weren't favoring either team and there was no conspiracy or else the Spurs would have won it in regulation with a non-call on that play.

Wow...I'm truly shocked by you. I would expect this kind of stuff on a sp*rs board but here?

This is not a foul? He's absolutely touching NO ball?
http://www.nba.com/media/DirkGlassss600.jpg
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject:

dude1394 wrote:
Walter Sobchak wrote:

Wow...I'm truly shocked by you. I would expect this kind of stuff on a sp*rs board but here?

This is not a foul? He's absolutely touching NO ball?
http://www.nba.com/media/DirkGlassss600.jpg

Wow...I'm truly shocked by your lack of reading comprehension. For the record, I thought it was clearly a foul. My point was that if the refs were really trying to cheat to give the Spurs the win, why wouldn't they have just let that go? That would have sealed the deal for the Spurs. Read my original comment again, I'm just using that play as proof that the refs weren't trying to gift-wrap it for San Antonio, because if they were they would have let that go and said something about not wanting to put Dirk on the line (for the second time in the series, mind you) to send the game into OT.

But make no mistake, that was definitely a foul, and I could see it on the live shot. Ginobili was an idiot for trying to block that shot when the Spurs were up 3.

Once again though, for the slow readers around here, I was just using that play as proof that the refs weren't doing everything they could to ensure the Spurs won; I am not complaining that it was a bad call. Get it now?

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: