IN THE PHILIPPINES...KOBE praised...LEBRON Negatives!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: IN THE PHILIPPINES...KOBE praised...LEBRON Negatives!

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/aloof-lebron-james-draws-comparisons-with-kobe-among-fellow-players
idrinkhaterade
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject:

i love how the words that matter are in filipino.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Lol what?
Its all in philipino
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject:

idrinkhaterade wrote:
i love how the words that matter are in filipino.

xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject:

LOL? Thats like saying: And the players said "asdhoah asihdoiahda hisodhaoisdh hsiadhoasd" about lebron and also "nasdagosdo iosd iohdhid oishio" I need a translator!
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I got you guys, give me a few minutes . I will translate as much as I can
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Suplado siya " (hes a rude snob), said one popular PBA player who asked that he not be named. “Kapag lumapit ka sa kanya, kahit wala ka pang sinasabi, magsasalita na agad siya ng, ‘No pictures, no autographs.' ( when you go near him, even before you talk he says...)

"Kaya umpisa pa lang, ilag na kami( from the start, we avoided him),” he added.
som3on3_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LEBRON JAMES has be fun to watch and entertaining on the court, but not so off it.

So say some players who had the chance to meet him up close During the NBA superstar's 'Witness History' event at the Mall of Asia Arena on Tuesday.

"Stuck him," said one popular PBA player who asked that he not be named. "When you come to him, even if you do not say, speak to him immediately, 'No pictures, no autographs.'

"So outset, we escape," he added.

Another PBA player who spent time on the court with James concurred with the observation, saying the four-time NBA MVP and two time champion made no effort to reach out to fellow players During the MOA event.

James inevitably drew comparisons with fellow NBA superstar Kobe Bryant, a frequent Manila visitor whose outgoing ways have endeared him to Filipino fans and players alike.

"He (James) outgoing ... far away with Kobe," said the player.

Gilas Philippines mainstay Ranidel de Ocampo, however, was quick to Defend the Heat forward, saying James, unlike Bryant, had a tight schedule During His whirlwind visit and did not have enough time to interact with fans.

"Understand that we just maybe he pretty tight schedule," de Ocampo said. "It is difficult also because he indulge one ... syang obliged to indulge his all. Did not he make his ends.

"Then shall he cheered us eh. Okay yun."

That Bryant seemed friendlier than James is understandable since the Los Angeles Lakers star has been in the limelight far longer and Therefore knows better how to handle fans, de Ocampo said.

The two global icons also have different personalities, he added.

"Other kasi yung Kobe's charisma, her wise compatible. When he had done, those contributing to his picture-taking and autograph. 're Not, he says well, "he said.

"I think he knows the system. He's also long, right? "

Aware that James did not entertain requests photo-op, de Ocampo said he found one way to get His picture taken with a player he described as "the best in the planet."
"I know I makakapa-picture with him, so I just accompanied him Nung he speak out of turn (during the MOA Arena scrimmage)," he said in jest.

"Atleast, I shared her picture. Posterized just that," de Ocampo added, breaking into laughter.

Courtesy of Google translate. Probably not 100% accurate translation, but good enough to know that Lebron is a douche to fans.
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Suplado siya " (hes a rude snob), said one popular PBA player who asked that he not be named. “Kapag lumapit ka sa kanya, kahit wala ka pang sinasabi, magsasalita na agad siya ng, ‘No pictures, no autographs.' ( when you go near him, even before you talk he says no pics/autographs)

"Kaya umpisa pa lang, ilag na kami( from the start, we avoided him),” he added.

"Hindi siya (James) outgoing … malayong malayo kay Kobe(far from Kobe)," said the player.

Gilas Pilipinas mainstay Ranidel de Ocampo, however, was quick to defend the Heat forward, saying James, unlike Bryant, had a tight schedule during his whirlwind visit and didn't have enough time to interact with fans.

"Intindihin na lang natin siguro na medyo tight ang schedule niya (understand his schedule is tough),” de Ocampo said. “Mahirap din kasi na pagbigyan niya isa … Obligado syang pagbigyan niya lahat. Hindi na siya matatapos sa gagawin niya( hard to accommodate one and not do the same for all, he will never finish).

"Saka pinasaya naman niya tayo eh. Okay na yun ( made us happy, thats fine).”

That Bryant seemed friendlier than James is understandable since the Los Angeles Lakers star has been in the limelight far longer and therefore knows how to handle fans better, de Ocampo said.

The two global icons also have different personalities, he added.

“Iba kasi yung charisma ni Kobe, marunong siyang makibagay. Kapag wala siyang ginagawa, pinagbibigyan niya yung picture-taking at pirma. Pag hindi, sinasabi niya ng maayos,” he said. (Kobe's charisma is different, he knows how to relate. He takes pictures when he can and says it nicely when he can't)

“Parang alam na niya ang sistema. Matagal na rin kasi siya, di ba?(he has more experience, knows how to act)”

Aware that James didn't entertain photo-op requests, de Ocampo said he found one way to get his picture taken with a player he described as "the best in the planet."
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Kobe= nice
Bron = douche
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject:

F lebron
Hope he suffers a ______ (not getting banned for this)

Last edited by shnxx on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject:

I've actually been looking for a reason to join the forum, so don't worry guys. I got this

“Suplado siya,” said one popular PBA player who asked that he not be named. “Kapag lumapit ka sa kanya, kahit wala ka pang sinasabi, magsasalita na agad siya ng, ‘No pictures, no autographs.'

- He's a snob. When you go near him, even if you haven't said anything, he's quick to tell you "no pictures, no autographs"

"Kaya umpisa pa lang, ilag na kami,” he added.

- So we never really wanted to get close to him in the first place

"Hindi siya (James) outgoing … malayong malayo kay Kobe," said the player.

- He's not outgoing, very far from Kobe (pertaining to demeanor, I guess)

Gilas Pilipinas mainstay Ranidel de Ocampo, however, was quick to defend the Heat forward, saying James, unlike Bryant, had a tight schedule during his whirlwind visit and didn't have enough time to interact with fans.

"Intindihin na lang natin siguro na medyo tight ang schedule niya,” de Ocampo said. “Mahirap din kasi na pagbigyan niya isa … Obligado syang pagbigyan niya lahat. Hindi na siya matatapos sa gagawin niya.

"Saka pinasaya naman niya tayo eh. Okay na yun.”

- Let's try to understand because he was running on a tight schedule. It's hard to please everyone, he's obligated to do so. He'll never finish anything if he did.

Plus he made us all happy, and that's okay.

“Iba kasi yung charisma ni Kobe, marunong siyang makibagay. Kapag wala siyang ginagawa, pinagbibigyan niya yung picture-taking at pirma. Pag hindi, sinasabi niya ng maayos,” he said.

“Parang alam na niya ang sistema. Matagal na rin kasi siya, di ba?”

- Kobe's charisma is on another level, he knows how to fit in. When he isn't doing anything, he accommodates those who wants a picture or autograph. If not, he knows how to decline politely.

He knows the system, he's been doing it for a while, right?

Aware that James didn't entertain photo-op requests, de Ocampo said he found one way to get his picture taken with a player he described as "the best in the planet."
“Alam kong hindi ako makakapa-picture sa kanya, kaya sinabayan ko na lang siya nung dumakdak siya (during the MOA Arena scrimmage)," he said in jest.

- I knew I won't be able to get a picture with him, so I just allowed myself to get posterized
MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I'm actually surprised that this hasn't been posted here yet. The so-called King got dunked on (well, sort of). If that's not good enough, then here's the kicker....

It was by a Filipino high school kid.

But wait, there's more.... this kid is actually the son of local basketball legend Benjie Paras.

What's his name? Kobe Paras. Named after you-know-who

http://instagram.com/p/cGw9awmXgJ/
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject:

MambaMentality wrote:
I'm actually surprised that this hasn't been posted here yet. The so-called King got dunked on (well, sort of). If that's not good enough, then here's the kicker....

But wait, there's more.... this kid is actually the son of local basketball legend Benjie Paras.

Kobe Paras is a 6'4 kid who is the son of former Philippine basketball player Benjie Paras, who happened to be my former classmate at San Beda High in the Philppines.
MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
MambaMentality wrote:

Kobe Paras is a 6'4 kid who is the son of former Philippine basketball player Benjie Paras, who happened to be my former classmate at San Beda High in the Philppines.

Kababayan!

Found a better video. Hopefully Nike doesn't confiscate this

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201533620963272&set=vb.321841241236767&type=2&theater
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Kobe filipinos to much.
PassiontoWin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Yeah..they were all witnesses..what do you expect from someone who calls himself King? with a chosen one tattoo and considers everyone else beneath him as witnesses?
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject:

MambaMentality wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
MambaMentality wrote:

Kababayan!

Found a better video. Hopefully Nike doesn't confiscate this

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201533620963272&set=vb.321841241236767&type=2&theater

Kamusta na!!
yah, filipinos love Kobe Bryant more the Lebron.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject:

PassiontoWin wrote:
Yeah..they were all witnesses..what do you expect from someone who calls himself King? with a chosen one tattoo and considers everyone else beneath him as witnesses?

F him.
we should all give a big thumbs down a la Romans
Isaiah
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Las Vegas (formerly from Metro Manila, Philippines)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject:

MambaMentality wrote:
I've actually been looking for a reason to join the forum, so don't worry guys. I got this

“Suplado siya,” said one popular PBA player who asked that he not be named. “Kapag lumapit ka sa kanya, kahit wala ka pang sinasabi, magsasalita na agad siya ng, ‘No pictures, no autographs.'

- He's a snob. When you go near him, even if you haven't said anything, he's quick to tell you "no pictures, no autographs"

"Kaya umpisa pa lang, ilag na kami,” he added.

- So we never really wanted to get close to him in the first place

"Hindi siya (James) outgoing … malayong malayo kay Kobe," said the player.

- He's not outgoing, very far from Kobe (pertaining to demeanor, I guess)

"Intindihin na lang natin siguro na medyo tight ang schedule niya,” de Ocampo said. “Mahirap din kasi na pagbigyan niya isa … Obligado syang pagbigyan niya lahat. Hindi na siya matatapos sa gagawin niya.

"Saka pinasaya naman niya tayo eh. Okay na yun.”

- Let's try to understand because he was running on a tight schedule. It's hard to please everyone, he's obligated to do so. He'll never finish anything if he did.

Plus he made us all happy, and that's okay.

“Iba kasi yung charisma ni Kobe, marunong siyang makibagay. Kapag wala siyang ginagawa, pinagbibigyan niya yung picture-taking at pirma. Pag hindi, sinasabi niya ng maayos,” he said.

“Parang alam na niya ang sistema. Matagal na rin kasi siya, di ba?”

- Kobe's charisma is on another level, he knows how to fit in. When he isn't doing anything, he accommodates those who wants a picture or autograph. If not, he knows how to decline politely.

He knows the system, he's been doing it for a while, right?

“Alam kong hindi ako makakapa-picture sa kanya, kaya sinabayan ko na lang siya nung dumakdak siya (during the MOA Arena scrimmage)," he said in jest.

- I knew I won't be able to get a picture with him, so I just allowed myself to get posterized

SPOT ON WITH THE TRANSLATIONS. Ayos pare.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:

Kamusta na!!
yah, filipinos love Kobe Bryant more the Lebron.

It's raining hard here, but all is well.

True! Probably the most loyal fans he has (well, maybe except for LA and China ) I guess the fact that Filipinos care more about winning than geeky stats allowed us to appreciate him more. Or maybe it's because we're spared from anti-Kobe propaganda from BSPN and the like.

He'll come back this August for his sixth visit. I'm excited

Isaiah wrote:

SPOT ON WITH THE TRANSLATIONS. Ayos pare.

Thanks pre!
LGmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject:

kupal kasi si lebron masyado e haha

trans: Kobe is the King in Asia
MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject:

LGmachine wrote:
kupal kasi si lebron masyado e haha

trans: Kobe is the King in Asia

HAHAHAHA!

I actually read an article sometime in 2010 that says LBJ shoes outsell Kobe's in the US, but everywhere else Kobe outsells him 3 to 1.
Manny450r
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:
Lol what?
Its all in philipino

tagalog you mean
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject:

oliverginob wrote:
Kobe= nice
Bron = douche

Couldn't have said it better....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: