Recommendations for Apartment Rentals in Orange County

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agar5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Recommendations for Apartment Rentals in Orange County

Hey everyone,

I was offered a position for a company and am looking at moving to Southern California. I am excited to finally be able to live in SoCal. The only thing I have not found is a place to stay and have actively searched for different apartments rentals in the area. Any helped would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I will consider living outside of Orange County but I will be working in Irvine. I just don't know how bad traffic gets in that area.
SenorJefe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

Costa mesa area is pretty decent as far as close irvine living without the outrageous cost
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject:

Do not live in Santa Ana. Do not live outside of the OC. Traffic on the 91 is a nightmare. Anywhere from Corona on and you're looking at 3-5 hours of drive time per day, even for just 15 miles. Anywhere else in the OC is close to Irvine. Rent will be very expensive. A nice one bedroom will go for about $1500 per month. Two bedroom for about $1800. Good luck.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject:

^What he said. If you can't afford those prices (Irvine is ridiculously overpriced!), try looking at apartments in Lake Forest....or if you want something new, check out Aliso Viejo. Both those cities are affordable and a LOT cheaper than Irvine. Costa Mesa, as suggested above, is also nearby and relatively inexpensive. If you HAVE to stay in Irvine, and are looking for a cheap apartment, I would suggest searching near UCI. Good Luck.
Agar5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

Thank you all for the help. I will look into these areas. I am not looking at living in Irivine and considered living as far out as Long Beach. I just didn't know how the commute would be and where I should look for affordable housing. I appreciate the information.
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Recommendations for Apartment Rentals in Orange County

Agar5 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I was offered a position for a company and am looking at moving to Southern California. I am excited to finally be able to live in SoCal. The only thing I have not found is a place to stay and have actively searched for different apartments rentals in the area. Any helped would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I will consider living outside of Orange County but I will be working in Irvine. I just don't know how bad traffic gets in that area.

Oh yes..the lovely El Toro "Y".
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Irvine Is REALLY nice.

Live in Irvine. Lots of hot chicks, stores for convienience and its clean
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

I work in Irvine as well, and coming from very recent moving experience, here is MO. Go to http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/apa/ for tons of free apartment listings. Check back daily as new apartments are listed all the time.

Now here are the bargain places to live in OC that are decent neighborhoods.

Costa Mesa (as mentioned prior) 15 min drive to Irvine in light traffic. Heavy traffic 40 minutes on the street.

Placentia (which is between Yorba Linda & Brea) 20 min drive in light traffic up the 55 Frwy 40-60 min on the street during peak traffic hours.

South Santa Ana - Believe it or not, this is the steal of the area. (it's an area right on the NE border of Costa Mesa (think next to the 405 & 55 frwy or just NW of South Coast Plaza). Is like living in Costa Mesa but at Santa Ana prices. 15 min from Irvine in light traffic 40-50 min on the street during peak traffic hours.

Parts of Orange (some are like Santa Ana (poor), some are like Anaheim Hills (upscale). You'll have to pick and choose, but try to stay adjacent to the 5 and 55 frwy interchange (opposite side of the 55 frwy from Tustin).

Parts of Tustin - 10 min from Irvine, only take the street. Priced like Costa Mesa, similar in affluence.

The Viejos (Mission Viejo, Aliso Viejo). 10 min South of Irvine, not too shabby a place to stay. Pick and choose, good prices can be found.

Other areas to check out but will have you driving quite a bit.
Long Beach
Dana Point
Capistrano
Downey (has it gone to hell yet?)
Cerritos
Corona
Lakers Dynasty 2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject:

For anyone interested in Pasadena.

Pasadena Gateway Villas - I do assistant property managing here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: