Mike James Is Delusional - Based on Interview [Audio Clip Included]

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Mike James Is Delusional - Based on Interview [Audio Clip Included]

"I'm a player, I play this game the right way -- you can't deny what I do in the game. I've a take-over -mentality. It's not my fault that in the fourth quarter, when it comes to win the game, I believe that it's my time to take the game over."

"It's almost crazy as now I'm being held accountable, I'm being ridiculed and I'm unstable and all these different things, because all I'm trying to do, is being the best basketball player I possibly can."

"I just want my keys to the car. You see, I'm not going to drive off the cliff - I'm not no drunk driver."

"I'm looking for a team that wants to win the championship, I'm looking for a team that believes that I'm a significant piece that could that could help them win a championship. Not just as a back-up PG, I've been there, done that, I did that already - but believing that I'm just as good as any other leader out there and I can be a hell of a general on a good team."

"By the way I'm working, I believe that I'm going to win a NBA championship -- Two. I want two NBA championships within the next three years, no matter where it is at. See, I'm gonna find a hole, someone that's gonna believe in me, someone that gonna believe in me and let my little light shine."

"No one knows who Mike Jame is, it's almost like 'How dare Mike James say these things, who does Mike James think he is?' You know what I'm saying, he's not no Mike Bibby, he's not no Chauncey Billups, he's not no Steve Nash, he's not no Jason Kidd, he's not even a Stephon Marbury or a Steve Francis. Why? The only reason why you'll say these things is the one thing they have different from me - it's hype."

"People might laugh at me and people may think that I really don't this stuff that I say - but I really do believe the BS that comes out of my mouth. I really do."

"And the thing is, I'm a humble person."

"My family thinks I'm a superstar, my wife calls me 'her superstar', I getting superstar tattoo with superstar on my back. Why? I'm my family's superstar. When my boys see me, I'm a celebrity to them. Remember (?) the kids in my neighbourhood, they aren't trying to be like Allen Iverson, they're trying to be like Mike James, so I'm their superstar."

"I'm unstable." - No (bleep), Sherlock?

LINK to hear the interview.

I think he just proved a point to everyone. You. Do. Not. Want. This. Freakin'. Guy. On. Your. Team. Ever. No matter the price. All you want is this man to get a chance to get some psychological treatment.

To end this ridicilous thing, I have got a few words.

"I'm Mike James, (bleep)."

Last edited by CheetahMan on Sat May 27, 2006 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Its players like him that make the NBA funny.

The All-Funny quotes NBA team:

Damon Jones
Mike James
Toine
?
?
they-perch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject:

as crazy as he is, he would push our team to a whole different level. we just need to get bill clinton to speak on behalf of our team and give him a "i feel your pain" speech.

i'll take a headcase as long as he knows how to play. if we actually wanted to im quite sure we could nab james in a sign and trade.

offer him a frontloaded contract, 9.75 million over two years. yeah thats alot of money but that removes any concern over a longterm contract and age, it also gives us cap flexibility in 2008. in return for the sign and trade we could offer the raptors chris mihm, aaron mckie, and smush parker.

why do they do it? three reasons, 1. cap space, 2. cap space, 3. they get a center.

right now the raptors will be at about 38 million for their salary. if they do this trade they can buyout mckie, and in addition because in the salaries of those three players (mihm mckie and smush) add up to about 7.8 million(which is permitted because it falls within 25%) they'll get additional cap relief. in total theyd end up saving roughly 4.2 million dollars from making the trade. they can then save money for when they resign bosh etc. when they sure up their frontline with mihm bosh and villanueva they can also go about and trade down from the first pick picking up some wing players and drafting a nice player like rudy gay a few selections down possibly.

sure mike james is slightly crazy, but he is a baller. we make one small signing for a pf and that puts us as a legit contender out of the west.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject:

Yay! Here's more to it! Go Mikey, Go!
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: