Jaime Maggio joins TWC Lakers coverage replacing Andy Adler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject:

The Shadow King wrote:

to put it nicely - her figure is SERIOUS .

good job lakers
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
TAKAHIRO wrote:
dave miller is next! that's why he kisses everyones ass

I like Dave Miller. Hope he stays! I don't get all the DM hate here.

I feel bad for Adler. She ran the table discussions well toward the end of last season. Reading tweets was where she struggled. I liked her....she's very likable. I always felt she was really rooting for us....not just doing her job. I think guys here didn't like her because she was thin and not "smokin hot".
The same people that hate on dave are probably the same folks that hate on stu lance. stu and dave have 2 things in common. #1 a wealth of hoop knowledge & #2 they love giving it out to the masses. some people dont like being TAUGHT while they are watching TV for entertainment.
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject:

maybe Adler will now have some time to actually eat some food.
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject:

It's ok, she can go back to dancing at Jumbo's Clown Room.

As for the new chick, hell yes!
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
why'd adler leave so suddenly wasn't she just there last week? one year contract? lol

yup, those Team Options kill
Lak3rs1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject:

I approve.
TAKAHIRO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
TAKAHIRO wrote:
dave miller is next! that's why he kisses everyones ass

I like Dave Miller. Hope he stays! I don't get all the DM hate here.

I feel bad for Adler. She ran the table discussions well toward the end of last season. Reading tweets was where she struggled. I liked her....she's very likable. I always felt she was really rooting for us....not just doing her job. I think guys here didn't like her because she was thin and not "smokin hot".

The same people that hate on dave are probably the same folks that hate on stu lance. stu and dave have 2 things in common. #1 a wealth of hoop knowledge & #2 they love giving it out to the masses. some people dont like being TAUGHT while they are watching TV for entertainment.

But really every analyst from national tv to regional has a wealth of knowledge. That doesn't mean they're going to be great on tv. i think dave miller is a robot, he sounds like he's reading off mesmerized cards he wrote before the show. Search youtube and hear his real normal non-screeching voice. I think its funny when they have him seated there with worthy, cooper or a rambis, the guy doesn't belong. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be on the show but he'd have to be exceptional so much that people wouldn't care, and right now he's not.

He should be replaced by coop, a player, also a coach, a guy you might say has some basketball knowledge, and the guys a real Laker.
also i love stu so your wrong on that
TAKAHIRO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
Jaime is easy on the eyes and from what little of her broadcasts I've seen, she'll likely do a good job.

But Andy Adler was the least of the problems on Access Sportsnet Lakers. The entire show is a mess, top to bottom.

It's very sad that the Los Angeles Lakers, the org that brought the world Chick F Hearn, can't do a better job with their broadcasts. The whole thing needs to be dumped over and re-imagined from soup to nuts.

One hint...it doesn't take 4 or 5 people, talking as loudly and with as much physical animation as they can muster, fist bumping and saying "Respect!", to pull off a simple pregame show.

The game telecasts are equally as bad. At least Stu doesn't openly hate Bill McDonald the way he did Joel Meyers. But the game broadcasts are in serious need of a complete overhaul as well.

I think they need to feature Mike Trudell more. That guy is the best thing they've got going broadcast-wise.

Inserting him into Ireland's role would be a great start. Trudell in Billy Mac's spot while you're at it.

They can get new creative people to re-boot the entire thing but, for starters, this would be the easiest way to boost the quality of their broadcasts.

Get harlan to do play-by-play + more pretty camera angles = problem solved.
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject:

I used to love pre-game with Big Game and Alan Massengale. Not sure what happened to that guy, but I'd love to see him come back. Loved it when they shot on the mini-hoop to end the show.

My biggest annoyance on the show is Coach Miller. Just can't stand him. He over emphasizes all body movements and I hate how he speaks directly to the camera when he is supposed to be having a conversation with his other hosts.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Her parents missed a golden opportunity by not naming her Jodi.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject:

salami wrote:
Now I feel guilty for not liking Andy Adler and the kicker is I would bet that most of the reason that I found her so bad on TWC is not even her fault. I'm sure she did exactly what the suits behind the scenes wanted her to do... its just that her role was poorly designed. It seemed like they wanted a cheerleader type personality to read tweets and moderate discussions, but it was annoying because the concept was annoying to begin with. I hope she does well and if I ever see her in public, I'll have some kind words for her.

You have a valid point about the role, but she wasn't even good or remotely charismatic doing what was a simple role. If she actually had to contribute some halfway cogent or informed commentary, she wouldn't be able to do it. She clearly came across as someone who didn't know her stuff and was trying to get by with parroting and fist bumping. That's not to say that her appearance wasn't enough to get her canned with complaints flooding in and ratings at stake (and I'm there were plenty of emails on that subject -- we've talked about it incessantly as a group here). The network paid a big nut for the broadcast rights. Appealing to a huge male demo isn't a dumb idea.

Still, everything CabinCreek44 said is true. The production value of their programming is about as poor as that of an old 70s game show. It was mindless and they even tried to cop some of that goofy panel format from TNT. Miller rubs me the wrong way. I cannot STAND those Bill Self style college coaches -- they're so media-polished and they talk like a self-help salesman (Tony Robbins, e.g.).

I think they should try to differentiate the home games from the road games. Hearing that same theme song and graphics 82x a year get monotonous by January.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject:

TWC just needs to hire Sharon Tay, Jackie Johnson, and Kristine Leahy now.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Lanny like!

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/jaime_maggio_hot.jpg

Seriously? Who cares what she looks like. It's about whether or not she actually knows (a) basketball and (b) anything about the Lakers. Adler was TERRIBLE because it was obvious she didn't know much about either. As a woman, it's frustrating to have a woman on the show that is only up there to be eye candy and knows nothing about the team and sport I am passionate about. There are plenty of women that DO know this stuff, so hopefully this new one is one such lady.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Lanny like!

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/jaime_maggio_hot.jpg

Seriously? Who cares what she looks like. It's about whether or not she actually knows (a) basketball and (b) anything about the Lakers. Adler was TERRIBLE because it was obvious she didn't know much about either. As a woman, it's frustrating to have a woman on the show that is only up there to be eye candy and knows nothing about the team and sport I am passionate about. There are plenty of women that DO know this stuff, so hopefully this new one is one such lady.

she knows football.
haven't seen her yet so dunno if she knows basketball
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

What do you think Jaime could do 56x in a row?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject:

I just started fastforwarding over Adler whenever I had a chance. Only way I could avoid cringing every time I heard her.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

she knows football.
haven't seen her yet so dunno if she knows basketball

There are people who cover basketball who know basketball? Not possible.

!...
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaime Maggio joins TWC Lakers coverage replacing Andy Adler

Isaiah wrote:
Didn't see it posted anywhere, but TWC SportsNet just announced that Jaime Maggio is joining the on-air team that covers the Lakers.

LINK

So glad Andy Adler is gone. She was the most annoying host ever.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Now that Buss has gone too far. To fire the greatest on air talent since Cosell? Who goofed I've got to know. Andy Adler had a voice like honey, a body like a curvy mountain road, a wit quicker than lightning , and knows more about basketball then Phil and Riles combined. What a loss, far worse than Dwight.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject:

oh noes who is going to regurgitate random Laker Tweets now?!!?!?
christhn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
TWC just needs to hire Sharon Tay, Jackie Johnson, and Kristine Leahy now.

You forgot Evelyn Taft
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject:

i have a question?

I was researching andy adler threads on LG and all of them are locked. i think one of the mods said its being locked because of the disrespect that is being sent towards her is unacceptable and wont be tolerated.

Now... I understand locking threads when disrespect is being sent between other members on LG but why protect journalists and sportscasters from the comments on LG. I mean it is free speech... right? Now I wouldn't go as far as disrespecting Pincus because he does bring information to the board in a non-trollish manner .......

but if Guys like Jason Whitlock, Bruce Blitz, Bill Simmons etc.. whom ill assume will never visit this site gets trashed here why bother locking the thread? they never cared about the lakers and prolly never will
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Good choice, now get Shaq and/or Vlade to replace Robert Horry, bring back Speero to replace Billy Mac and were set
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Who the (bleep) are these people you're all talking about?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: