THE Political Thread (All Political Discussion Here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 886, 887, 888  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
So many issues with people not looking at the ACTUAL problem, but try to look for someone to BLAME for it.

That really gets us no where as a nation.

Exactly.

People are suckers for the blame game.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
marga86 wrote:
So many issues with people not looking at the ACTUAL problem, but try to look for someone to BLAME for it.

Exactly.

Dude, really? Which side is holding the entire country hostage over a law which was passed and then re-affirmed twice?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
I hate the Republican politicians...I really do... especially Senator Cruz. they are not real americans...

Quote:
Karl Rove calls out fellow Republican Sen. Ted Cruz on healthcare

When Karl Rove starts truth-squadding fellow Texas Republicans over the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, you know there are some tall tales floating around.

On Sunday, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) told Chris Wallace of Fox News:

“You know what's interesting? Last week, the Wall Street Journal, for the first time in years, found Republicans are leading on healthcare. Americans trust Republicans more than Democrats on healthcare.”

A few minutes later, Rove, a Fox analyst, called him out.

“I do want to correct one small thing that Sen. Cruz said,” Rove said. “He said Republicans enjoy an advantage on healthcare in the Wall Street Journal poll this week. I wish it were true.”

Americans, said Rove, “trust Democrats more on healthcare, 37 to 29. Now, the bad news for the Democrats is, this is a historic low number for them. But Republicans don't have an advantage on it.”

Link
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
But do the people in Texas (couldn't resist) care if the levees in Sacramento are secure enough to weather a hundred-year storm? Probably not.

What's with the "probably"?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Exactly.

Dude, really? Which side is holding the entire country hostage over a law which was passed and then re-affirmed twice?

Both sides play the same game.

They have opposing belief systems. What do you expect?

If the Republicans have power, the Dems do everything they can to stand in the way too.

Then they both get everyone riled up so that the populous could blindly hate instead of understanding that both sides have valid reasons for what they believe.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I feel it's all about causing Obama to fail. Every idea he come up with the Republicans reject with no solution to fix what he's proposing. Just say no.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
I hate the Republican politicians...I really do... especially Senator Cruz. they are not real americans...

This is a seriously messed up point of view.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Exactly.

If the Republicans have power, the Dems do everything they can to stand in the way too.

Then they both get everyone riled up so that the populous could blindly hate instead of understanding that both sides have valid reasons for what they believe.

The Pelosi-led house didn't threaten a government shutdown to extort Bush, and in fact she rejected any calls from her side to even consider impeachment (or anything of the like). That's called acting like an adult, even if you disagree.

The Gingrich-led house shut down the government during Clinton, and now the Boehner-led house is threating to shut it down under Obama. I see a correlation here.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

any person that wants to deny americans of affordable health coverage to people with pre-existing condition or even children for that matter I do not consider them real americans... it seems like today republican politicians have one agenda and one agenda only and that is to go against the president and wishing him to fail instead of working with him. I cannot relate to the republican party.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject:

Well I'm the last person to defend Curz or any who have more of an extreme approach to government, but I think he deserves his perspective and that he is really true American. Now just what that means . . .

I have always had problems with much of the conservative viewpoint in the US. I tend to be more anti-conservative than pro liberal. As I see this new movement, primarily the Tea Party, I see the very true conservatives fighting for the identity they feel they've been denied. Except for social conservatism, which remains consistent, the Republicans and Democrats up to 1980 or so, were much alike on economic issues and foreign policy than not. Reagan came with the rhetoric, with the words, but his bark was worse than his bite and he spent and spent and spent and though he lowered taxes in total, he was not afraid to raise them either. And as we know, he was aggressive in foreign policy as well. Bush made a lot of mistakes but he also was not a true conservative on these two fronts.

In other words, there has not been such a thing as either a fiscal conservative or even a foreign policy conservative--that is cautious in approach, fiscal in approach, and non interventionist in approach--since maybe Ike, but even Ike was less so than prior to FDR.

So the Tea Party believes in small government and two parties don't. And I suppose since they've been denied their version of government for so long, they are willing to go to extremes to get their way. I just hope they are not so disillusioned that they feel blowing it all up is better than staying the course.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Well I'm the last person to defend Curz or any who have more of an extreme approach to government, but I think he deserves his perspective and that he is really true American.

True American? He was born in Canada. If he runs for President, get a bag of popcorn.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Well I'm the last person to defend Curz or any who have more of an extreme approach to government, but I think he deserves his perspective and that he is really true American.

True American? He was born in Canada. If he runs for President, get a bag of popcorn.

This time, my sarcasm detector worked. It took two reads though.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
WASHINGTON – Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky has repeatedly rescued Republicans in their fiscal fights with the White House. But not this time. At least not yet.

The seasoned McConnell has distanced himself from tea party renegades in his party, spurning the effort by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) to halt funding for the government unless President Obama ends the Affordable Care Act, the nation’s new healthcare law.

“I just don’t happen to think filibustering a bill that defunds Obamacare is the best route to defunding Obamacare,” McConnell said as the Senate opened Tuesday. “All it does is shut down the government and keep Obamacare funded. And none of us want that.”

Link
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I feel it's all about causing Obama to fail. Every idea he come up with the Republicans reject with no solution to fix what he's proposing. Just say no.

Not really. They just have opposing views on how to fix things.

They want the opposing view to fail.

Contrary to what many believe, both views will work. They both can solve problems. It really is just a matter of what you'd rather have.

The rights view taken to an extreme would be the Wild West. Extreme freedom, but practically no Federal government protections. Not even the Republicans want it to go that far.

The left's view taken to an extreme would be Communism. Ultimate Federal government protection, but almost no freedom. Not even the Democrats want it to go that far.

So we're trying to balance things somewhere in the middle... and they disagree where that middle is. Right-leaning or left-leaning middle.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
WASHINGTON – Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky has repeatedly rescued Republicans in their fiscal fights with the White House. But not this time. At least not yet.

The seasoned McConnell has distanced himself from tea party renegades in his party, spurning the effort by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) to halt funding for the government unless President Obama ends the Affordable Care Act, the nation’s new healthcare law.

“I just don’t happen to think filibustering a bill that defunds Obamacare is the best route to defunding Obamacare,” McConnell said as the Senate opened Tuesday. “All it does is shut down the government and keep Obamacare funded. And none of us want that.”

Link

im not a fan of McConnell but I like that he spoke out against Cruz
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Exactly.

The Pelosi-led house didn't threaten a government shutdown to extort Bush, and in fact she rejected any calls from her side to even consider impeachment (or anything of the like). That's called acting like an adult, even if you disagree.

The Gingrich-led house shut down the government during Clinton, and now the Boehner-led house is threating to shut it down under Obama. I see a correlation here.

Pelosi didn't need to. The Republicans were spineless and she was able to walk all over them.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

any person that wants to deny americans of affordable health coverage to people with pre-existing condition or even children for that matter I do not consider them real americans... it seems like today republican politicians have one agenda and one agenda only and that is to go against the president and wishing him to fail instead of working with him. I cannot relate to the republican party.

But he doesn't want to deny Americans affordable healthcare. He just doesn't support Obama's solution.

Most conservatives believe that healthcare bidding should be allowed across state lines, creating more competition and incentive for lower prices.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Exactly.

candy. yes you are correct. but understand, Rush, hannity and the likes wouldnt be racking in millions if the blame game wasnt popular.

you say what blame game?
get these groups together: middle america middle class whites to low income whites and the middle class whites to low income whites from the south. then you tell them over the airwaves "its everyone's fault but yours." "its the liberals, they are trying to take your guns." "its the welfare queen (code word for black people) using up your money" "its the immigrants taking your jobs."

when the reality is, the biggest issue middle american/southern american white folks have to worry about is BIG corporations running off leaving them high and dry and taking their business overseas(which is a human rights issue in reality.) why leave america where there are laws against child labor, a legit minimum wage, etc.? you leave so you wont have to deal with ethical human rights laws. its more or less, these companies wish they could own cheap labor aka slaves and pay them pennies if that and tell those slaves to shut up and take it. all for making not profit. but insane profits. there's a reason why the small group of rich are getting richer while we're getting poorer. THINK & PAY ATTENTION..

but people dont want to think that hard or pay that much attention. people dont want to do the hard stuff like band together and put all the cism and differences aside so we could change our country around for the better. we would rather fight among each other over scraps instead of fight the establishment for the real gold.

people say but they keep voting in crazy reps. and some say thats because the crazy reps have gerrymandered districts. but that wouldnt matter if even the repub voters would get sick and tired of their own and stop voting for them. but then who will they vote for? they're choices are limited just like the libs. the choices they put in front of you are the choices that have the biggest wallets. guess who filled their wallets? unions(at least thats paid for by people paying union dues), some small business owners, and the rest of the money comes from Big corporations. even some that are not even in your state/city/town. basically getting another rep in their pocket. these are the people that we see with commercials, posters all over the place and a mean ground game with people knocking on your door, or calling your phone or hitting you up at the local target, etc.

best believe there are more reps running for office then the two or so you see out there in front. but those are the only two or so that have the cash to realllly get in front of the people. they get that money from the above folks i just mentioned. but now that you know this. the moment you find out companies that have ran off and left you high and dry are supporting the very person you just voted for. you should kick those fools out of office and let the next person in line know. "if i catch you holding hands with such and such corp/company. the same will happen to you.
THIS is how you clean up washington. you dont pray for a president to do it. you dont pray for a bogus congress to do it. YOU do it. but thats just to hard to do. you have to much on your plate at home with this bad economy. so back to square one.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Sorta like that "red-line" idea.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Exactly.

Well it's all your fault.
Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject:

Yay. I guess I won't be getting paid.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject:

LINK
Listen to the entire speech with open minds.

Congress is hurting the country in their effort to discredit the President. As I said before, Republicans are hurting the country. They will feel it at the polls.

Quote:
“They’re focused on politics,” Mr. Obama told autoworkers at a Ford plant in Liberty. “They’re focused on trying to mess with me; they’re not focused on you.”

Quote:
Each side predicted that the other would be held responsible, but determined House Republicans knew they were taking a risk even as leaders of the party’s establishment warned about the threat of destructive political consequences.

Quote:
Officials from both parties involved in past shutdowns warned that House Republicans stand to come out on the losing end.

I think Republicans are going to come out on the losing end. They're allowing insurance companies to influence them by lining their pockets.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Exactly.

Well it's all your fault.

But I wouldn't have done it if you hadn't made me.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LINK
Listen to the entire speech with open minds.

Congress is hurting the country in their effort to discredit the President. As I said before, Republicans are hurting the country. They will feel it at the polls.

Quote:
“They’re focused on politics,” Mr. Obama told autoworkers at a Ford plant in Liberty. “They’re focused on trying to mess with me; they’re not focused on you.”

Quote:
Each side predicted that the other would be held responsible, but determined House Republicans knew they were taking a risk even as leaders of the party’s establishment warned about the threat of destructive political consequences.

Quote:
Officials from both parties involved in past shutdowns warned that House Republicans stand to come out on the losing end.

I think Republicans are going to come out on the losing end. They're allowing insurance companies to influence them by lining their pockets.

I agree that Republicans will be blamed.

But both sides are playing politics.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject:

The debt is a totally (bleep) problem. The IRS could tax the rich 100% of their income after the first $1Million and that would only bring in $616 Billion Dollars. We are operating on somewhere around a $1 trillion dollar deficit each year(give or take a few hundred billion). Our national debt would still continue to skyrocket with ridiculous taxes.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 886, 887, 888  Next
Page 2 of 888
Jump to: