Top 60 PLayoff moments

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twin104
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Top 60 PLayoff moments

Have you guys seen this, its a decent collection but where is D-Fish's 0.4 3?
http://www.nba.com/encyclopedia/moments/60moments.html
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

18. Derek Fisher's Miracle Shot; Game 5, Western Conference, 2004 Semifinals

horry's shot agianst the kings should be higher than his shot he hit against the pistons.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
52. Big Game James: Worthy's Triple Double vs. Lakers, Game 7, 1988 NBA Finals

WTF?
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject:

Those that really stand out:

60. Starks baseline dunk because many Knix fan still think that was greater than the Knix winning those titles in the early 70s.

60. Andrew Toney, the most underrated player of all time. Deadly.

58. Kobe really came into his own in that game. Reggie almost was Reggie at the end.

53. Made me really appreciate Iverson's heart. Introduced the phrase by my old lady: "Who the hell is Raja Bell?" After his floater in the paint over Horry.

52. J Dub - speaks for itself.

48. Ran outside in my drawls on that play. Snoop and Warren G did that freestyle after the game on the post game show.

41. MJ being MJ

39. Eric "Sleepy" Floyd could not miss. You knew the Lakers would advance but his performance really pissed me off.

38. A game in which the Lakers led by five with 59 secs. on the clock. I knew if it went into overtime my heart would be ripped out. And it was.

37. Monster performance by the Diesel after Philly just wouldn't go away.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject:

36. Even though the Lakers had many injuries this year, there was no stopping Philly. Moses was dominant.

35. Probably one of the greatest quarters I've ever seen, the 4th. Zeke played like crap the whole game but showed up when it mattered and Bernard King on the low box was a beast.

33. Stand out not because of the game, but because the Blazers smoked the Lakers 4-0.

32. Just look at Thunder Dan. You know he's saying "Oh, Ish"

31. The year the curse was broken after all those defeats my pops had to endure in the 60s.

28. Tell me how is a player who's 6-10, not battling for a rebound and just happened to be in the right place at the right time? Seeing Lindsey Hunter pokin' Bob in the back of his dome had me rollin'.

27. Awesome battle. Great boxing match 'tween 'Nique and Bird.

26. Lakers coulda went up 2-0 and the Celtix weren't gonna foul. Bad pass by J Dub. The Lakers won their 3 games this series by an average 19 points. The Celtix won their 4 games by an average of 6. Lakers really blew this series.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Tue May 30, 2006 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject:

24. Spike was hot. Reggie was hotter.

22. Basically Mike won the game in the first half. He just couldn't miss. Hence, the shrug.

21. Pops was ready to celebrate at the beginning of the series and ended up crying. It still hurts him today.

20. Gatorage commericals.

18. Lakers blew a big lead and won in dramatic fashion. Unbelievable.

15. The greatest performance my Pops said he saw other than the occasional Wilt game.

14. Magic saying to Coop "You wanna see if he can do it again?" Great move.

13. Made Zeke one of my favorite players.

11. Lakers won alotta games that year but just played like crap. Didn't have the same crispness and had to resort to last second wins over crappy teams. It was eventually gonna catch up to them. Just didn't think it would be with Coop laying in the paint and lookin up.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject:

My top 5 would probably be:

1. MJ and the pose versus the Jazz. Didn't have a great shooting game but won with that shot (offense) and stripped Malone (defense). Jazz blew that series. Ron Haper was not healthy, Scottie had the bad back and the Jazz had home court.

2. Magic's Rookie game. We always talk about cocky. You can't get no more cocky than "Never fear, Magic is here" and sittin' in Kareem's seat. But if you can back it up, it's all good and he did with 42/15/7. People forget that Silk had 36 as well. Wasn't he underaged with a champagne bottle and on T.V.??

3. Pops told me about this game versus the Knix and Willis Reed's comeback. He said it wasn't Reed. It was Clyde. 36 and 19 assists??? Usually a 30/20 game involves rebounds and points. I've actually seen that game on ESPN Classic. Bad day. Was like a track meet.

4. The baby hook was made possible by a missed free throw and the Celtics unable to get a defensive rebound. I will always remember Chick's call on that shot. "Just what I thought, a hook shot of 12 .... Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood". And in the Garden.

5. MJ's performance versus the Celtix and dribbling through his legs as Bird guarded him was just awesome. Celts went on to wax that tail but the Legend was basically born in that series.
buphead
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

Kobe's lob to Shaq in the Western Conference Finals against Portland was probably my best moment as a Laker fan...Shaq's reaction afterward pointing up to the fans with his mouth wide open and the fans going absolutely nuts was just incredible...gives me the chills just thinking about it.

DFish's and Horry's shots were definitely right up there though...

Ahhhh...the good old days
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

I can't stand that MJ has the number 1 spot when that shot wasn't that great at all. The guy pushes off on Byron Russell and then drains the shot. Whoopie... it's not that great. Definitely overrated.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
I can't stand that MJ has the number 1 spot when that shot wasn't that great at all. The guy pushes off on Byron Russell and then drains the shot. Whoopie... it's not that great. Definitely overrated.

I think it was more of the moment, than the shot itself. IIRC, there were no timeouts and everything was moving in slow motion. And didn't Jordan steal the ball from Malone and on the same play, run down the court and hit the shot?
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject:

K24B_Flight wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

I think it was more of the moment, than the shot itself. IIRC, there were no timeouts and everything was moving in slow motion. And didn't Jordan steal the ball from Malone and on the same play, run down the court and hit the shot?

Basically Mike followed whomever it was who through the entry pass into Malone and instead of following his man, Jordan came back around and got the steal. Heady play which set up that shot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: