KARMA BELL!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
rubintan wrote:
This win by the Suns should have an asterisk attached to it with the assist of the zebras. How could that be an offensive foul on Harris when it was Nash who grabbed his jersey.

To have that call made at that stage of the game in a Western Conference Finals game is a prime example of everything that is wrong with the NBA.

Best players in the world, they are amazing.

Absolutely the worst officiating and administration of any professional sport, including baseball. At least baseball finally fixed their umpiring problem, the NBA is mired in the muck under the very sleazy management of the NY television insider, David Stern.

What the NBA needs to do in my opinion is this:

1. Get a new commissioner. Worry less about manufacturing drama and more about cleaning up the officiating, scheduling and rules (playoff seeding for instance) of your sport.

Then maybe you will win back the casual fan that you have lost as the general consensus among a lot of casual sports fans is the NBA is a league of bad fundamentals, star treatment from the refs and bad basketball much of the time.

2. Fire all the officials and start over. From scratch. Bust their union by just getting rid of all of them and replace them with the top college and international refs you can find.

There will be a lot of struggles on the job, but I don't think you will have the type of blatant issues occuring with the current group of officials. Quite clearly, guys like Bernie Fryer and Joe Forte are being sent to execute a plan in the games they "officiate" that is something other than just calling the game correctly. I don't know why, but it is obvious something is very wrong whenever either of those two guys is on the floor in this year's playoffs.

3. Clean up the traveling, dribbling and most importantly the flopping. The flopping in particular is close to ruining the sport and making it a joke. Stop rewarding guys for not playing defense and falling down instead. Start calling 99% of those plays blocking instead of charge and watch how magically guys learn how to play the game standing up again.

I am tired of watching guys like Nash, Bell, Beak (Ginobili) flop over and over and over again instead of playing defense and getting rewarded for it.

There seems to be a lot of white guys in particular who use the flopping tactic and it is embarrassing to see that rewarded so often by (usually) white refs who somehow feel a kinship with some guy who is overmatched by a more athletic player and has to resort to falling down all the time and looking for the whistle instead of guarding his man.

If the NBA fixed those 3 issues, the league would not have to try and manufacture drama by fixing games using the officials to stretch out series and manufacture rivalries.

The NBA could be the best product ever but they can't get out of their own way long enough to make it happen.

If there ever was a reason for an applause caption here it would be right here "applause"
LakerJosh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
There seems to be a lot of white guys in particular who use the flopping tactic and it is embarrassing to see that rewarded so often by (usually) white refs who somehow feel a kinship with some guy who is overmatched by a more athletic player and has to resort to falling down all the time and looking for the whistle instead of guarding his man.

I agreed with everything you said untill you got here. All of the sudden the race issue is brought up, as it always is. I've seen floppers get the calls when they were black or white. That's crap.

Now there is some conspiracy that the white officials reward white players for flopping? Sigh.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

Looks like he's a definite scratch for game 2 (according to Marc Stein at ESPN) though there were no further details on the extent of the injury. Poor Raja.
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

100 years from now, when Kobe is on his deathbed after leading a rich life, becoming the governor of California, President of U.S., President of the world and intergallactic chairman, he'll look back at his playing days and say "At least I wasn't a (bleep) in the NBA, I played like a man, without being pimped by the officials."
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Anyone remember Lou Bega? The musician that made it big with the hit Mambo No. 5? I'd like to tweak the lyrics a bit and sing a song to Boris Diaw and the officials.

Jump up and down and move it all around
Shake your head to the crowd
Don't put the ball on the ground
Take one step left
And one step right
One to the front and one to the side
You pull it up once
And you pull it up twice
And if it looks like this
Then you are doing it right...

[Interrupted]

... and you can still take that (bleep) jumper. We ain't gonna call it.

It was as obvious a traveling violation as it can be. But no call. They still called an offensive foul for the Mavericks, though. For a moving screen. Can someone spot the irony behind this call?
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Bell out for Game 2; Dallas' Howard day-to-day with bruise
By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer

DALLAS (AP) -- The Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks have overcome injuries all season. So it's no surprise they're both scrambling to change their lineups after losing starters in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals.

Phoenix guard Raja Bell will miss at least Game 2 on Friday night because of a calf injury that could be severe. Dallas forward Josh Howard has a bone bruise on his left ankle and coach Avery Johnson said it would be a game-time decision on whether the versatile scorer and defender will be available.

LINK.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Im not a huge nash fan, i am from British Columbia, but i dont jock his ish. But to discredit him and to say hes wack is just "HATING" like all the others hate on kobe....same ish different person. The bias on these boards is sometimes attrocious...i know i know, ITS a Laker board, but still...give the props when the props are due....Phoenix has a bunch of "potential" players that flourished playing along side Nash. This guy has no amare no kurt and still has his team in the WCF and is one game up on the favorites.....cmon man we (bleep) and moan about all the hate kobe gets, but lets not be hypocritical about it. I love the Lakers as much as the next cat but damn....
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Didn't Howard also have an incidant this year with Kobe ? A hard foul and a Vince Carter like jawwing match???

Howard and Bell both go down and go down hard...?!?

That Voodoo doll must be no joke!!!

Last edited by MAJIC on Thu May 25, 2006 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject:

^

Take it from an accomplished hater like myself.

I see Bell's point of view, in that he successfully made the refs call fouls at the slightest contact afterward. That favored the pus... err Suns.

I have nothing against Raja. I just want him in severe pain, and out of the league.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject:

MAJIC wrote:
Didn't Howard also have an incidant this year with Kobe ? A hard foul and a Vince Carter like lawwing match???

Howard clotheslined Kobe on December 20, Day of 62. He tried to get Kobe out of the game, but failed. Kobe went on and we know what followed...
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

CheetahMan wrote:
MAJIC wrote:
Didn't Howard also have an incidant this year with Kobe ? A hard foul and a Vince Carter like lawwing match???

Howard clotheslined Kobe on December 20, Day of 62. He tried to get Kobe out of the game, but failed. Kobe went on and we know what followed...

Yea I knew it was one of those 2 guys Howard or Daniels...

The 2 are hard to tell who's who...

Screw Howard and Bell , KARMA BABY!
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject:

Anytime you see a dude drop on his own with nobody near him like he got shot in the leg most likely it's a season ender!

YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject:

I don't wish much on Raja, just that he gets gangrene and dies.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:

He's out for Game 3

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/40691/20060527/bell_out_for_game_3_vs_mavs/
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Cheaters never prosper! Hope he misses the whole series, and the Suns lose.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

MAJIC wrote:
Anytime you see a dude drop on his own with nobody near him like he got shot in the leg most likely it's a season ender!

Yup. Either their season is over, or his name is Vince Carter.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject:

It's clear that Raja is a big part of that squad after game 3.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject:

Well he's going to miss Game 4 as well...

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/40718/20060530/no_raja_again_for_suns
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

So they said. But looks like he's in there right now with a wrap on his leg.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject:

It's nice to see that his time off hasn't affected his ability to fall down.
Boognish
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Bell is becoming the floppiest player in nba history. He's flopping more than Vlade, more than Ginobili.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Boognish wrote:
Bell is becoming the floppiest player in nba history. He's flopping more than Vlade, more than Ginobili.

Ginobili (aka Beak) still flops more, but Bell is getting close....no doubt about it.

Most floppy in history? I would still have to go with Stockton, but Vlade was ridiculous circa 2000/2001 for the Queens. I remember going to a Laker game then where they passed out placards to the entire crowd that read "Stop the Flop" in reference to Vlade, I think that was in the 2000 series.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: