would you call iverson-flashy, while nash-crafty or ewing-loser, while stockton-leader?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerNV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: would you call iverson-flashy, while nash-crafty or ewing-loser, while stockton-leader?

tell me if you see a pattern?

http://fiyastarter.com/fs-pages/fs-cismfiles-codewords.htm
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: would you call iverson-flashy, while nash-crafty or ewing-loser, while stockton-leader?

LakerNV wrote:
tell me if you see a pattern?

http://fiyastarter.com/fs-pages/fs-cismfiles-codewords.htm

Yes.. and a few were left of the list, like 'Smart Vs Athletic' or 'Natural Ability Vs High <choose a sport> IQ'
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I see a pattern of bad comparisons. To compare Bonds' 'surly' and Clemens' 'intense' is silly. Now, if the writer had put Jeff Kent or Kevin Brown on there, then you also have surly. But you know, whatever makes your weak comparison look better. But to compare Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens is just asinine. Also, 'mobile' for Vick and 'cerebral' for Farve? Well, yeah, I don't think anyone is going to compare Vick's and Favre's running ability unless it's to help the slant in your story. Favre’s career high for yards rushing is 216. Vicks? 902. Vick’s career high in passing? 2936. Favre’s LOWEST passing total is 3200. Bad comparison. But put Favre and Warren Moon on there and the cerebral tag fits both. Thugs and Tough Guys? Uh, yeah - fighting is part of hockey. Not basketball. It’s why hockey referees step back and watch when two players drop gloves. Again, horrible comparison. Also, David Wells HAS been called controversial, on multiple occasions. Writer must have missed that, or just forgotten. And please, don't tell me that nobody trashed Steve Howe as a drug addicted loser. As well, I have read plenty of 'feel good' stories about Strawberry, how he's struggling with addiction. Again, the writer probably doesn't remember that one, I'm sure.

Of course, this is the same site that called Haloti Ngata an African, so research and truth probably aren't that important. I give the idiot credit for changing it since then though.
Ozendorph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

unggoy brings the ownage.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Pretty crappy, just like everything else on that embarrassment of a sports humor website. Their material is about as funny as cancer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: