(bleep) Shaq and (bleep) all you heat homers!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: (bleep) Shaq and (bleep) all you heat homers!

Shaq's 5x5 -- 28 points, 16 rebounds, 5 blocks, 5 turnovers, 5 personal fouls .

He's an old man but much better than Lamar Odom. Sad we traded him for trash.
TheMagicalLakerLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Ignorant point, with Shaq we would have zero role players, and Kobe and Shaq hated each other, we HAD to trade the big fat idiot.
Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Only thing bad about the Shaq trade was not getting Wade
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

TheMagicalLakerLegend wrote:
Ignorant point, with Shaq we would have zero role players, and Kobe and Shaq hated each other, we HAD to trade the big fat idiot.

Would we have zero role players? Neither you and I know that for a fact. We really don't know what would have happened if we decided to keep Shaq and let or try to trade Kobe.

It is worthless to speculate on how we would have been if Shaq had stay.

We can only comment on the fact the Heat are playing for a championship and the Lakers are planning for the NBA drafts.

Sad but true.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

28 points, 16 rebounds, 5 blocks ... 5 turnovers and 5 personal fouls ... still worth more than what we got for him.

Van-Exel26 wrote:
Only thing bad about the Shaq trade was not getting Wade

Dwayne Wade > Lamar Odom, Matador, Granny and a college dropout .
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:

Would we have zero role players? Neither you and I know that for a fact. We really don't know what would have happened if we decided to keep Shaq and let or try to trade Kobe.

We can only comment on the fact the Heat are playing for a championship and the Lakers are planning for the NBA drafts.

Sad but true.

By the time it came to having to decide between Shaq and Kobe, there really was no choice there. I really think just about any GM would keep Kobe in that scenario, due to the significant age difference. The real mistakes came years earlier when we did not force some sort of reconciliation.

We had to move Shaq, but we didn't get fair value. But given the issue of timing--Shaq's stubborness combined with Kobe's willingness to go elsewhere--perhaps it was the best we could do.

If only Kobe had been a little more like Magic, and deferred to Shaq; if only Shaq had been a little more like Kareem and relinquished the reins to Kobe... they had a few more championships left in them, for sure.
TheMagicalLakerLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:

Sad but true.

If we had kept Shaq and let Kobe go you think we would be where the heat are? If you think that your ignorant, if you don't think that then whats the point? The only reason the heat are in the finals is because they have alot of talent, talent we would not have if we would have let Kobe go and Kept Shaq.
TheMagicalLakerLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject:

jminges wrote:

28 points, 16 rebounds, 5 blocks ... 5 turnovers and 5 personal fouls ... still worth more than what we got for him.

: .

YOur giving us stats for one game? Wade and the role players are why the heat are going to the finals, Not Shaq, he's playing well, but he is being carried by his teamates, How about show some honesty and give us an average for the playoffs, not that impressive, and Odom is on par with those.
JP_Lakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Vlade wrote:

If only Kobe had been a little more like Magic, and deferred to Shaq; if only Shaq had been a little more like Kareem and relinquished the reins to Kobe... they had a few more championships left in them, for sure.

That right there is the sad truth. A case of incompatible egos.
XTN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Vlade wrote:

By the time it came to having to decide between Shaq and Kobe, there really was no choice there. I really think just about any GM would keep Kobe in that scenario, due to the significant age difference. The real mistakes came years earlier when we did not force some sort of reconciliation.

We had to move Shaq, but we didn't get fair value. But given the issue of timing--Shaq's stubborness combined with Kobe's willingness to go elsewhere--perhaps it was the best we could do.

That about sums it up. We keep Shaq.. Kobe walks. I don't understand why people think it would still be the Shaq & Kobe show. IMHO we would have lost Kobe for nothing in return. Read that shaq-jockers.. nothing as in zilch. Management made the right decision. Eventhough we didn't get fair trade value at least we got a start on a promising future w/ young talent.

Take a look at the heat roster and aside from Wade and Haslem... in a few years they'll be right where we were a few years ago. Slower and older with little wiggle room to put together a solid championship team. Riley knows this and it's why he's put all his eggs in one basket and loaded up their roster deep. Their chances will get slimmer and slimmer with each year coming.
TheMagicalLakerLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

XTN wrote:
Vlade wrote:

That about sums it up. We keep Shaq.. Kobe walks. I don't understand why people think it would still be the Shaq & Kobe show. IMHO we would have lost Kobe for nothing in return. Read that shaq-jockers.. nothing as in zilch. Management made the right decision. Eventhough we didn't get fair trade value at least we got a start on a promising future w/ young talent.
Take a look at the heat roster and aside from Wade and Haslem... in a few years they'll be right where we were a few years ago. Slower and older with little wiggle room to put together a solid championship team. Riley knows this and it's why he's put all his eggs in one basket and loaded up their roster deep. Their chances will get slimmer and slimmer with each year coming.

Werd, Shaq jockers need to read, then re-read, then re-read again and again and again, till it sinks in.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject:

[quote="TheMagicalLakerLegend"]
laker4life wrote:

Sad but true.

If we had kept Shaq and let Kobe go you think we would be where the heat are? If you think that your ignorant, if you don't think that then whats the point? The only reason the heat are in the finals is because they have alot of talent, talent we would not have if we would have let Kobe go and Kept Shaq.[/quote]

You throw the word "ignorant" around like you know what you are talking about.

Quote:

We had a very talented squad in '04 that went to the Finals. We lost to a team with less talent. IF we had kept Shaq, I'm quite sure he would have recruited a top FA in 2005 like he did in '04. I would bet that we would be watching Shaq and Ray Allen or Shaq and Michael Redd right now.

Of course we would be getting our a$$ess handed to us by Kobe and Elton Brand.
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Well, it does kinda surprises me that things have gone so well for Shaq and Miami. And with the Pistons about to be disbanded, I think they might even make it back to the Finals a couple more times.

It's up to us to keep our end of the bargain. Odom better work his ass off, if nothing else, to make this trade a little less "lopsided"( though truthfully, I think it's a win-win trade for both, I just want to see Kobe go up against Shaq at least once.)
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject:

BraveHeartII wrote:
Well, it does kinda surprises me that things have gone so well for Shaq and Miami. And with the Pistons about to be disbanded, I think they might even make it back to the Finals a couple more times.

It's up to us to keep our end of the bargain. Odom better work his ass off, if nothing else, to make this trade a little less "lopsided"( though truthfully, I think it's a win-win trade for both, I just want to see Kobe go up against Shaq at least once.)

Odom predicted the Heat to win it. He won't do a damn thing different. He'll be the same "stunted" player throughout his career. He will never reach his potential as a two-way player, initiator and post-presence. He'll simply disappear around the three-point line until the triangle is dumbed-down even more for him on offense, and continue to allow people to score on him on the other end ... If you look at the boxscores, at least two Piston starters have been in foul trouble or fouled out in the series. That series wasn't fixed in the least ... David Stern ... Payback or ratings?
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Like it or not, Shaq has exceeded our expectations for the playoffs. He's rebounded very well from the debacle that was the Chicago series and he's playing well even with only 1 day of rest in between games. Shaq jockers may have won the battle but we won't really know if we made the right choice until Kobe retires when we count how many more rings he gets us.
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject:

I just have to make comments that have probably been said hundreds of times over the past 2 years:

--We had to trade Shaq because one of them was going to leave. Can you imagine what kind of damage Kobe and the CLippers would be doing at this point if we let Kobe go? If Kobe is doing all this with absolute scrubs and borderline stars who don't live up to expections, imagine what he would have done with a workhorse like Brand. Forget it, it's not even fair to think about it

--Shaq is very, very lucky to have ended up with Wade. Shaq is also very, very stupid because Kobe is 10 times the player Wade is and will probably ever be. In the battle of these two egos, it was Kobe's responsibility to the Lakers to take the reigns and NOT defer to an aging, barely motivated Shaq. This was not a choice. Even if Kobe wanted to defer to Shaq after 2004, it would have been the WRONG thing to do, from the perspective of team success.

--I don't know what happened behind the scenes, so I'm just speculating here. Much more explicit effort should have been made to try and force Kobe and Shaq to cooperate together, whether that responsibility belonged to Phil, West, Buss, whoever. Like I said, I don't know anything about what really happened, but it sounds like most of the people just left the whole Shaq/Kobe duel to themselves.

--The East is weak. The East was weak in 2004. Why is Payton able to get his hands all over Billups this time, when a younger Payton in 2004 could barely look at Billups without getting a foul? Same matchup...makes you wonder. Doesn't the way the Pistons played this series kind of remind you of how they were expected to play before the 2004 Finals started, and everyone was predicting a Laker sweep? Why is it so different now? Shaq's older, Payton's older, Wade is not better than Kobe, what gives? Role players? I thought we were doing well before the Finals began in 2004.

--When it's all said and done, Shaq's story will be a sad one (I'm just talking about basketball, not money and other things). Even if he wins a title with Miami, he'll have no true home. He burned his bridges. Even with multiple championships, he didn't live up to his potential, and that is sad. And I'm not talking Jerry West sad, where a guy worked his butt off to tragically fail so many times, it's more like it's your own fault sad.

Oh well, that's how it goes. Not to be overly dramatic, but Miami winning a title is probably the worst thing that could happen to the Lakers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VEN_150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject:

good for the heat, they made the finals, we as laker fans really shouldn't care. The heat are so loaded with front line mercenary players that it would be an embarassing joke if they did not make the finals. Even if they win the finals, it will NEVER mean as much as the championships shaq won with the lakers. That was a team that was pretty much built from the ground up: with the lakers taking their lumps in the playoffs for a few years before reaching the finals with Pjax. That was a real championship team, as much as i hate to say it so were the spurs and pistons. This heat team has been bought and manufactured to win a championship this year, i don't want to say its like buying a college degree but it seems close to that.

Kobe's future championship with the lakers will be much sweeter for us of course and for the NBA in general- cause it will be with a team that has struggled and grown to reach the top - mark my words
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
BraveHeartII wrote:

Odom predicted the Heat to win it. He won't do a damn thing different. He'll be the same "stunted" player throughout his career. He will never reach his potential as a two-way player, initiator and post-presence. He'll simply disappear around the three-point line until the triangle is dumbed-down even more for him on offense, and continue to allow people to score on him on the other end ... If you look at the boxscores, at least two Piston starters have been in foul trouble or fouled out in the series. That series wasn't fixed in the least ... David Stern ... Payback or ratings?

So this is your beef with Odom huh jminges? This is why you go off sometimes hysterically like now about LO. You're a Shaq fan who is pissed that he was traded...

You've hated the trade, and the players involved the whole time if for no other reason than that...

Well, at least now I, and everybody else knows why you go off on your extremely irrattional rages against this particular player.

I got news for you. LO wasn't crazy about the deal in the beggining either, so blaming LO for your bitterness is pretty stupid.

Incidentally you don't know Jack about what LO will do next year, so save it...
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject:

[quote="vanexelent"]
laker4life wrote:

Sad but true.

If we had kept Shaq and let Kobe go you think we would be where the heat are? If you think that your ignorant, if you don't think that then whats the point? The only reason the heat are in the finals is because they have alot of talent, talent we would not have if we would have let Kobe go and Kept Shaq.[/quote]

You throw the word "ignorant" around like you know what you are talking about.

Quote:

We had a very talented squad in '04 that went to the Finals. We lost to a team with less talent. IF we had kept Shaq, I'm quite sure he would have recruited a top FA in 2005 like he did in '04. I would bet that we would be watching Shaq and Ray Allen or Shaq and Michael Redd right now.

Of course we would be getting our a$$ess handed to us by Kobe and Elton Brand.

How were we going to get Ray Allen or Michael Redd? And are they that much better than this current Heat team in the weak East, especially with the Lakers playing in the tougher West?
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

Incidentally you don't know Jack about what LO will do next year, so save it...

If its like typical Odom .... 14-15 pts. / 9-10 rebounds / 4-5 assists
have big games then follow those up with crap.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: