SegundoSteve salutes Shaq
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject:

I'm torn. I grew up a Shaq fan in his Orlando days. When he arrived in LA, it was magical. "Shaq playing for MY team. Ahh." I hated watching all the failures leading up to the first Bling. Each loss cut deeply.

Watching Shaq transform into this weak, lazy ass player from '01 on, I began to hate him. Can't stand the laziness. I wanted to trade him in '02 after the 3rd Bling was won for Big Ben and Rip Hamilton and slew of picks. Everyone laughed at me.

Then, once Shaq was traded I was left with elation. I'd rather be a bottom feeder than a team who always finishes just before the finishline every year as would have been the case with Shaq/Kobe and the merry minimums. The tension caused by the Kobe-Shaq relationship on the team wasn't really bringing in players the way Wade and Shaq has in
Miami.

So, Shaq is in Miami. That's cool with me. Would have preferred to get more out of him, but what can you do when Buss lets The Village Idiot put the deal together? Shaq then just talks pure (bleep) about everyone from the "real fake" people of LA, to Buss, to Kobe, the entire organization.

What little respect I had for Shaq remaining was thrown away in an instant. I've literally "hated" Shaq ever since. I mean, truely despised him. Been rooting against him in EVERY series since the trade. I'll be rooting against him with everything that I have in The Finals.

However, a small part of me is proud of the Big Fella. He did it. He finally seems to "care". Showing real professionalism, even a competitive nature.

That was where my hatred stemmed from all along. Shaq's total laissez-faire (sp?) attitude for his meaning to the sport. His utter disregard for the gift of 7'1", 320 pounds of raw athleticism, brute strength, and explosion all seemed to be wasted. How dare he care so little about the sport
that I play for free! And to top it all off, he's getting paid 100s of millions of dollars to give a rat's ass about being his best night-in, night out.

But the Big Guy is playing with a purpose. He's playing like a man possessed. He's playing like he actually cares. It'sall I ever wanted out of him.

So what if it's all based on him proving Buss and Kobe wrong? He's finally doing what I always wanted out of him.

LET'S GO MAVS!!!!
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Shaq doesn't deserve it. As a Laker fan, I'm embarrased by him.
I'm rooting for Dallas like I've never done before.
GO DIRK!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject:

showtime3232 wrote:
Shaq will win the title this year, like it or not

We shall see.

Dirk Nowitzki just may have something to say about that.
KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject:

showtime3232 wrote:
Shaq will win the title this year, like it or not

Maybe just nervous pessimism??? I hope so! Dallas will KICK THE SHIZZZERNICKLE out of Miami!!!

GO DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

.................. ...........................
........ ..................
..... ................
..... ................
....... ...................
.......... .....................

Gloryhunter. I [BLEEPING] hate gloryhunters.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Cheetah,

Best salute in this thread so far.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
I'm torn. I grew up a Shaq fan in his Orlando days. When he arrived in LA, it was magical. "Shaq playing for MY team. Ahh." I hated watching all the failures leading up to the first Bling. Each loss cut deeply.

Watching Shaq transform into this weak, lazy ass player from '01 on, I began to hate him. Can't stand the laziness. I wanted to trade him in '02 after the 3rd Bling was won for Big Ben and Rip Hamilton and slew of picks. Everyone laughed at me.

Then, once Shaq was traded I was left with elation. I'd rather be a bottom feeder than a team who always finishes just before the finishline every year as would have been the case with Shaq/Kobe and the merry minimums. The tension caused by the Kobe-Shaq relationship on the team wasn't really bringing in players the way Wade and Shaq has in
Miami.

So, Shaq is in Miami. That's cool with me. Would have preferred to get more out of him, but what can you do when Buss lets The Village Idiot put the deal together? Shaq then just talks pure (bleep) about everyone from the "real fake" people of LA, to Buss, to Kobe, the entire organization.

What little respect I had for Shaq remaining was thrown away in an instant. I've literally "hated" Shaq ever since. I mean, truely despised him. Been rooting against him in EVERY series since the trade. I'll be rooting against him with everything that I have in The Finals.

However, a small part of me is proud of the Big Fella. He did it. He finally seems to "care". Showing real professionalism, even a competitive nature.

That was where my hatred stemmed from all along. Shaq's total laissez-faire (sp?) attitude for his meaning to the sport. His utter disregard for the gift of 7'1", 320 pounds of raw athleticism, brute strength, and explosion all seemed to be wasted. How dare he care so little about the sport
that I play for free! And to top it all off, he's getting paid 100s of millions of dollars to give a rat's ass about being his best night-in, night out.

But the Big Guy is playing with a purpose. He's playing like a man possessed. He's playing like he actually cares. It'sall I ever wanted out of him.

So what if it's all based on him proving Buss and Kobe wrong? He's finally doing what I always wanted out of him.

LET'S GO MAVS!!!!

If Mark Cuban wins a title I will hate myself. I don't care how many Laker fans hate Shaq -- Dallas can't win. Shaq and Kobe needed to split. I don't look at Shaq's successes as Laker failures. He gave eight years and three titles, but he wanted too much money for the time he had left and so it was time to go.

Mark Cuban is a bitter whiner who tries to manipulate officiating through sheer determination with his video barrage of the league office.

Also, I always pull for the center when I'm neutral. I'm sorry, I'm just tired of 6'6" "next Jordans" (Kobe obviously excluded -- Stack and clones, I'm looking at you) running the league. Where's Kareem? Hakeem? Young Shaq? Big men make the game more fun when combined with guards. All hybrid guard-forwards is like robots. Soon everyone will wear #23 and handle the ball, switch on defense and spot up on the break.

End Rant.
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject:

Snaq can lick the balls.
BigGameYimmy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject:

What CheetahMan said...

I'm surprised this thread isn't locked yet, considering it's obviously from a troll.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject:

Congrats to Shaq for reaching the finals, but I guess you should be saying that about the whole Heat team. Shaq's huge game 7 boosted his playoff averages to 20.1 points, 9.6 rebounds, 1.7 blocks. He's also shooting 40% from the free throw line and flat footed on defense more often than not. He's still the games best center, but this is his last shot, and the Heat reaching the finals had more to do with Dwayne Wade than it did to do with Shaq.
Another_laker_fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject:

I will be mature and civil with this thread ..
Congrats #32 hopefully you will lose in the finals because I said so!

Hate Always-
ME
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: