Phoenix, next time, don't be so cocky.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Phoenix, next time, don't be so cocky.

Good Riddance to the Suns. I've never seen a team so arrogant especially when they've done absolutely nothing. Throughout these playoffs, they expected everyone, including the refs, to roll over for them and give them everything for free. They whined about all the calls, when they did more flopping than a teamful of Ginobli's. They never gave credit to the other team when they won, they always blamed themselves for not executing or some other BS, when for 3 rounds they were always undersized. Before this playoffs, I thought Nash was an alright dude, but he's a freakin whiner and a smarmy, smug punk.

Next team I can't wait to see lose is Miami, they don't deserve it either. Just another mercenary team. If Portland didn't win in 2000, no way should Miami win this year. At least Portland's mercenary team was vastly more talented than this year's Miami team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
_LAKESHOW_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

they were actually sayin that a championship is in the horizon for these guys. the big x factor for them is stoudamire. if he returns with the same passion next year, they'll be tough again.

that kid though, forgot his name, diow or whatever, that guy has showed up big time this playoff run.

we'll get 'em though next year. provided our guys come together.
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject:

True, they have a lot of good players. I just wonder how long their run and gun style with last. Stoudemire will give them much needed inside presence, but at the same time, he will also slow them down a little and take away a 3-point shooter. And even with Stoudemire, they are still undersized. But, yeah, they are loaded...Nash, Stoudemire, Marion, Diaw...with role players like Bell, Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas. If only Kobe had half of that supporting cast...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject:

Thank God they lost!! I want to see Dallas now kick some (bleep) in the Final.

A few more blocks on Snaq would be nice!

Snaq: Err what do you mean block, clearly a foul.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject:

Stoudamire is done. He will never be the player he was.
skumbag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject:

It will be interesting to see how Stoudamire will adapt next year. I think we will see less flying act from him and expect his midrange shot to improve significantly.

Diaw is going to be one helluva player next year.

As long as Nash stays healthy, Phoenix will be a strong contender next year.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:

That particular procedure has been a career killer.

It is amazing to me that guys are still undergoing that one. Jeremy Snow or one of our medical posters would be able to explain it better than a hack like I, but it seems the recovery time is a lot longer from that procedure than the players are expecting going in.

Clearly, guys like McDyess were never the same after it. Same with Allan Houston and Penny Hardaway. So I agree with you that Stoudemire is a question mark now.

It is a shame, because last season that guy was a true freak of nature. As a basketball fan, I was really sorry to see him go down with that type of major injury.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:

DAMN JD, were you reading my mind?!?!

I've been saying that Phoenix will NOT play as well as they did next season. Amare and KThomas takes up roster space (what will happen to Diaw and TThomas?) Less three point shooters, slower offense. Thanks for playing Suns, here's your consolation prize (Don't cry Steve and Marion, it's not like you won anything to ever lose it like we did)
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
JD wrote:

It is amazing to me that guys are still undergoing that one. Jeremy Snow or one of our medical posters would be able to explain it better than a hack like I, but it seems the recovery time is a lot longer from that procedure than the players are expecting going in.

Clearly, guys like McDyess were never the same after it. Same with Allan Houston and Penny Hardaway. So I agree with you that Stoudemire is a question mark now.

It is a shame, because last season that guy was a true freak of nature. As a basketball fan, I was really sorry to see him go down with that type of major injury.

Two things going for Amare are his young age and the fact that his injury supposedly was less severe than the other guys. But if you watched the few games he played this year, his explosion was definitely not the same. And this run-and-gun style will definitely shed a couple years of his career, if it hasn't already.
yellowledbetter
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:

the problem i see is that if Stoudamire is slowed and not as explosive because if his injury, even if its not permanent, he could have trouble fitting back in with that offense.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
JD wrote:

Two things going for Amare are his young age and the fact that his injury supposedly was less severe than the other guys. But if you watched the few games he played this year, his explosion was definitely not the same. And this run-and-gun style will definitely shed a couple years of his career, if it hasn't already.

I was wondering about that. The guy did come back a little early this year and tried to play through the injury. Did he reaggravate himself? And how is it going to affect him trying to come back that early?

I have to agree with the statement about the offense being run-and-gun. That's going to put a lot of pressure on his knee and it's going to affect him negatively.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:

Hes just like Dyce.
popowapu
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:

agre. that's what you get when you make the power dunk your first weapon. bad for the knees. vince carter too
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
JD wrote:

I was wondering about that. The guy did come back a little early this year and tried to play through the injury. Did he reaggravate himself? And how is it going to affect him trying to come back that early?

Not sure if they are related, but I know that he needed to have arthroscopic surgery on the opposite knee after coming back from the first surgery.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Lets hope the Suns sign Tim Thomas to a big fat contracts so they can be way over the cap. And of course once he gets his contract Thomas will disappear as usual.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
BigGameYimmy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
JD wrote:

Hes just like Dyce.

Exactly, people (Sun's fans) probably forget how amazing McDyess was before having this same injury. They probably shared a very similar game, based on wicked athleticism. Sure, McDyess can still play but never like he did when he would beat most others on sheer athleticism.

As much as I dislike the Suns, I would still like to see Stoudamire come back...as a basketball fan, it's a shame to see such an amazing talent not be able to blossom into their full potential.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:

yup...diaw just proved he's the next on that team.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:

Sad day for Him...
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject:

I like watching good atheletes play regardless of team. Hope he can recover and not have a post surgery dead career like Webber and McDyess.
#8kobe#24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

even though i use to like phoenix because of the way they played, after this playoffs they are the team i most hate in the nba.
raja bell makes manu look like rocky balboa taking charges.
mike d'antoni always complaining about every single play, even when raja clotheslined kobe he went whining to the refs.
tim thomas with that "you-can't-see-me-john-cena-wannabe" on dirk, then dirk hits 50 on him.
steve nash please do something to that hair.
the only players i like in phoenix are diaw and the matrix, the rest of the team just (bleep) stinks
WindConga
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Stoudamire doesn't even have to be as good next season as he was last season for Phoenix to be better next year. Even if his game slips and he plays at a Rasheed Wallace level, they should improve as he's a big body who can block shots and rebound. If Phoenix had, say, Antonio McDyess, I think they beat the Lakers and Clippers in 5 or 6. Had Kurt Thomas been healthy, I say the same.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: