Pierce for Maggette rumor

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Pierce for Maggette rumor

heard it on the radio...this trade was brought up last year too, but fell through

i can see this trade happening for one, because the clips need pierce...

and the celtics needs to get rid of pierce because they cant win with him...thats why they drafted green right?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject:

why does boston do this?
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
why does boston do this?

same here, i think maggeate;s contract is more favorable, or they plan too send him off too another team. Because if the celtics were interested in a highdraft pick, peirce would net them any pick in this draft.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject:

well...it makes more sense for the clippers...

but the clips would trade their picks i would think with maggette

maybe the clips would move radmon as well?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
they-perch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject:

pretty sure in the midst of the rumor last year ainge was asking for mags AND livingston, which is why it fell through. surely the clippers arent trading livingston, so it would be assumed that the deal packaged around mags and anyone but kaman, brand, or livingston. cant say that mobley isnt capable of being moved.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Would be a great deal for the Clipps. They definitely shouldn't give up Maggz just for anything. I wanted them to get Artest last year for him, didn't happen wanted them to get pierce last year didn't happen. Now Maggz seems to be disgruntled so they will probably look to trade him now more then ever. Maggz should be kissing ass to stay. Finally hes on a playoff team and he wants out? Nice Corey.

Anyways I think Pierce makes a lot more then Maggette. Maybe Maggz and a sign and trade with Rad for Pierce? Wouldn't mind that.
they-perch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm kind of in a personal conflict. I've always been a lakers and clippers fan. ever since i started watching basketball i couldnt get enough and ended up watching clippers games when the lakers werent playing. they always had so much young talent (and with the lakers always winning) it was nice to root for an underdog team and follow them along the way. now in the last two seasons they are right up there with the lakers. the prospect of kaman/brand/P.P/livingston/E.T. (assuming they have to give up mobley as well WORST CASE SCENARIO) that team is quite scary. i've found myself increasingly resistent to rooting for the clippers. its odd.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:

Man, watch out if the Clips get Pierce and maintain the other players on that team. Doesn't seem like a good deal for Boston though, even with any benefits they might be able to get cap wise. Pierce is a hard guy to replace and they really don't have any other purely dominant players like him. If anyone, I see them trying to get rid of Wally to clear up cap room.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

yeah that trade would destroy Boston.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Panthas wrote:

Is there much to destroy? Maggette isnt a bad get for pierce. Maggette can score 20 + a game and get to the line at will.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Maggette is good, but Pierce is clearly the better player. Not injured nearly as much, better scorer, plus can get you about 5 reb, 5 assists a game with high shooting percentages. He's just much more dominant. If they trade Pierce, it'll be for young up and coming talent. Maggette is good, but he kinda seems to have maxed out as a player.
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Maggette and s&t Vlad Rad. Or Maggette and Mobley? Clips could throw a pick or two and filler as well. The Mag + Cat for PP straight up works on real gm. Pierce makes $15,101,626 next year in 06/07 and has an option in 07/08 according to hoopshype. Cats salary is $7,700,000 for next year but his contract runs kinda long. Maggettes contract is up in 08/09 and makes $7,280,000 next year. Thing is, he has never come close to playing a full season and arent they both shooting guards? Pierce could opt out in 07/08 and maybe thats why they wanna trade for him now because they might lose him. Hmm, thats possible but the more I think about it, the more I doubt this trade happens, but Ainge is stupid so ya never know. It would be great for the Clips tho.
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

well it would help the clippers but not the Celtics... I would be pissed being a Celtic fan if I heard about this rumor
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Dorray wrote:
Maybe Maggette and s&t Vlad Rad. Or Maggette and Mobley? Clips could throw a pick or two and filler as well. The Mag + Cat for PP straight up works on real gm. Pierce makes $15,101,626 next year in 06/07 and has an option in 07/08 according to hoopshype. Cats salary is $7,700,000 for next year but his contract runs kinda long. Maggettes contract is up in 08/09 and makes $7,280,000 next year. Thing is, he has never come close to playing a full season and arent they both shooting guards? Pierce could opt out in 07/08 and maybe thats why they wanna trade for him now because they might lose him. Hmm, thats possible but the more I think about it, the more I doubt this trade happens, but Ainge is stupid so ya never know. It would be great for the Clips tho.

Ainge Stupid? Nahhh....
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I can only see Boston trading Pierce for a big guy, so they can start their youngsters (West, Green) Together.
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers would be better next season if they gave Maggette away for a 30-day supply of ritalin for Killah Kaman.

Maggette is pretty overrated, shoots too much and isn't especially good at anything other than getting to the FT line (although since the injury, he's been worse at that, too).
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Panthas wrote:

Is there much to destroy? Maggette isnt a bad get for pierce. Maggette can score 20 + a game and get to the line at will.

If he stays strong!

Pierce has kept his team somewhat competive, when it was mags and brand in LA they couldnt really do much. Imagine that out of Mags in Boston. New York might have someone to beat!
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers have Koralev as a young prospect they could package to get Pierce. Two good players don't equal an all-star.

Two good players and a young lottery pick might just make Ainge pull the trigger.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: