too young for scary movies?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajaxxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: too young for scary movies?

My four year old likes to watch scary movies am I wrong for letting her keep in mind she's a mature four year old.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

what movies?at only four years old its probably not best to watch blood and gore types movies at such a young age
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
what movies?at only four years old its probably not best to watch blood and gore types movies at such a young age

Ditto Horror Movies are much like rated R movies. They dont watch till at least 14 or 15.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Four is pretty young, I started watching them with my older sister and I was about 8-10 years old
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject:

My daughter has been watching stuff like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Little Shop of Horrors basically since birth. We read her original Grimm. Last week, at 5 years old, we showed her her first monster movie, "Lake Placid". So far no negative effects, other than the quite appropriate aversion to wild predators, and humans of the same mold.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject:

I dont know man, serial killer movies at a young age could lead people to becoming one.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Don't subject any child under 9 to that kind of trauma. Ages 1-9 are their impressionable years and anything can have great effect on a child at that age. When she gets to be at least 10 or 11 let her watch whatever she wants. A good horror movie will open her mind up and improve her imagination.
ajaxxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

when ever a trailor for a scary movie comes on she says she wants to see that movie. we always make her play in her room when we watch scarry movies but I catcher her peaking sometimes. I don't mean to sound like I have a kid genius but she is very very mature and she tells me she knows its just a movie but she would rather watch a movie with lots of shooting in it.[/i]
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
Don't subject any child under 9 to that kind of trauma. Ages 1-9 are their impressionable years and anything can have great effect on a child at that age. When she gets to be at least 10 or 11 let her watch whatever she wants. A good horror movie will open her mind up and improve her imagination.

Co-signed.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject:

ajaxxx wrote:
when ever a trailor for a scary movie comes on she says she wants to see that movie. we always make her play in her room when we watch scarry movies but I catcher her peaking sometimes. I don't mean to sound like I have a kid genius but she is very very mature and she tells me she knows its just a movie but she would rather watch a movie with lots of shooting in it.[/i]

Be carefull bro, i remember watching child's play around 9 or so, and i seriously was freaked out. Not like scared too death thing, but it bugged me for awhile.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject:

Im still freaked out by Freddy Kruger and Im 25 years old, I shouldve never watched that crap when I was a little kid.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:

vvbandit wrote:
Im still freaked out by Freddy Kruger and Im 25 years old, I shouldve never watched that crap when I was a little kid.

For reals, i cant stand dolls in my room or them period, because of taht damn chucky doll. Not scared like how i used too be, but an uneasy feeling , their damn freaky.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: