View previous topic :: View next topic  
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
Alexisonfire26 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
We are a tanking machine! I love it. No stress. Just lose and get to the lottery.

I think were all on the same page now

WELL OILED!

Well oiled tanking machine?

!...
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject:

The Four Tankmen... as usual, shows their swaggy in the first half and then their true colors in the second...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

Knowledge wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
Knowledge wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
Knowledge wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
here's a guy who averaged 27-6-6 in his 17th season and just because he got a big contract the best way people here can describe him is "That broken down washed up 35 year old albatross." Sure its a bad contract but is it really that big of a deal to where Kobe's career is void and he can't be talked about positively or in a way that implies he has influence over the franchise? If you like kobe you're not a real laker fan anymore? No one even knows what the FO's plan is to workaround Kobe's deal. That logic is a JOKE. I don't appreciate not being called a Laker fan because Im obsessed with the purple and gold. Sure Kobe is the star I grew up watching and is my favorite player, but I have just as many fond memories of the role players, coaches, and other stars as I do of Kobe. To call me a Kobe first fan is a joke, I don't even like his contract I just don't think the Lakers are gonna crumble because of it

It's hard when you throw away 40% of your cap money on a guy that won't be anywhere near a max player due to injuries.

It is also very suspect that the Lakers did it without a health check.

You can't trust Kobe to evaluate himself. He breaks bones and thinks they are minor issues.

Lakers got screwed. Kobe and his agent came up. End of story.

If he is hurt anymore this year or next year the contract will be even worse.

Wait a minute. Who's to say they didnt do it without a health check? I understand they did it before he played a game, but his injury was healed and he was cleared by doctors. To even imply the Lakers completely neglected any and all medical reports and just threw $$$$ at Kobe is ridiculous. These guys are professionals, not internet posters, I'm sure they thought to give insight into his medical condition before giving him the contract. Injuries happen and are inevitable,Kobe has suffered injuries his whole career so for the Lakers to take the position of "We won't pay him because he's getting hurt now" makes no sense, he's always gotten hurt. Also we've only seen him play 6 games so who knows if we can be an elite player again or not. Ok he won't be worth max money anymore but honestly it was a pipe dream for people to think Kobe would take a huge pay cut. He was going to be overpaid on some scale regardless. It would've been naive to think the Lakers wouldn't put business implications into their offer for Kobe, especially after losing Dwight.

Lakers didnt get screwed, they offered him the deal. How did they get screwed? Kobe and his agents didnt trick the FO. I don't even see why you're bringing up his agent. The agent is always supposed to get the most money the agent didnt "come up" he did his job.

The Lakers can still sign max FA's. They are still operating as a business and will not be folding or going bankrupt because of Kobe's deal. We won't be in the lottery after this season and will be a contender next year. end of story.

Alright well if you want to change reality on the medical check by all means drink your own Kool-Aid.

And are you seriously kidding me. Of course the agent came up. He gets a cut. You think he's salary?

The roster will be garbage until the Lakers hit the hard reset. Looks like it's not coming for 2 more years.

You're the who thinks you and the rest of LG are better medical evaluators than the Lakers and Kobe's doctors. You're the one who thinks you're a better GM and better at planning the next 2 years than the professionals. keep drinking YOUR own Kool-Aid

And no, the agent isn't on salary obviously. But what does he have to do with anything? You acting like the agents screwed over the Lakers. He was just doing his job agents come up on every deal they do stop acting like Kobe and his agent got away with highway robbery they were offered a deal and signed it. I love when people blame players for their salary or something.

And how do you know the Lakers will be garbage? They can still sign players and build a team with the contract. But no, the lakers FO is completely clueless while Knowledge from LG has the answers. You know for absolute fact the team will be garbage while the professionals have no idea. Damn. Who knew the bums got paid and the real geniuses sit on their laptops on LG?

Lol you would trust doctors not in your own network when investing millions of dollars?

You must be a business man.

Never said the agent screwed over the Lakers. He did his job.

It's funny you state clearly that the Lakers got ripped off but then all the rest of you argues it from Kobe's side.

Why do you even concede the point when you make no argument for it. It's a waste of time.

You must be a professional NBA General Manager
Knowledge
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject:

LakerCity wrote:
Knowledge wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
Knowledge wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
Knowledge wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
here's a guy who averaged 27-6-6 in his 17th season and just because he got a big contract the best way people here can describe him is "That broken down washed up 35 year old albatross." Sure its a bad contract but is it really that big of a deal to where Kobe's career is void and he can't be talked about positively or in a way that implies he has influence over the franchise? If you like kobe you're not a real laker fan anymore? No one even knows what the FO's plan is to workaround Kobe's deal. That logic is a JOKE. I don't appreciate not being called a Laker fan because Im obsessed with the purple and gold. Sure Kobe is the star I grew up watching and is my favorite player, but I have just as many fond memories of the role players, coaches, and other stars as I do of Kobe. To call me a Kobe first fan is a joke, I don't even like his contract I just don't think the Lakers are gonna crumble because of it

It's hard when you throw away 40% of your cap money on a guy that won't be anywhere near a max player due to injuries.

It is also very suspect that the Lakers did it without a health check.

You can't trust Kobe to evaluate himself. He breaks bones and thinks they are minor issues.

Lakers got screwed. Kobe and his agent came up. End of story.

If he is hurt anymore this year or next year the contract will be even worse.

Wait a minute. Who's to say they didnt do it without a health check? I understand they did it before he played a game, but his injury was healed and he was cleared by doctors. To even imply the Lakers completely neglected any and all medical reports and just threw $$$$ at Kobe is ridiculous. These guys are professionals, not internet posters, I'm sure they thought to give insight into his medical condition before giving him the contract. Injuries happen and are inevitable,Kobe has suffered injuries his whole career so for the Lakers to take the position of "We won't pay him because he's getting hurt now" makes no sense, he's always gotten hurt. Also we've only seen him play 6 games so who knows if we can be an elite player again or not. Ok he won't be worth max money anymore but honestly it was a pipe dream for people to think Kobe would take a huge pay cut. He was going to be overpaid on some scale regardless. It would've been naive to think the Lakers wouldn't put business implications into their offer for Kobe, especially after losing Dwight.

Lakers didnt get screwed, they offered him the deal. How did they get screwed? Kobe and his agents didnt trick the FO. I don't even see why you're bringing up his agent. The agent is always supposed to get the most money the agent didnt "come up" he did his job.

The Lakers can still sign max FA's. They are still operating as a business and will not be folding or going bankrupt because of Kobe's deal. We won't be in the lottery after this season and will be a contender next year. end of story.

Alright well if you want to change reality on the medical check by all means drink your own Kool-Aid.

And are you seriously kidding me. Of course the agent came up. He gets a cut. You think he's salary?

The roster will be garbage until the Lakers hit the hard reset. Looks like it's not coming for 2 more years.

You're the who thinks you and the rest of LG are better medical evaluators than the Lakers and Kobe's doctors. You're the one who thinks you're a better GM and better at planning the next 2 years than the professionals. keep drinking YOUR own Kool-Aid

And no, the agent isn't on salary obviously. But what does he have to do with anything? You acting like the agents screwed over the Lakers. He was just doing his job agents come up on every deal they do stop acting like Kobe and his agent got away with highway robbery they were offered a deal and signed it. I love when people blame players for their salary or something.

And how do you know the Lakers will be garbage? They can still sign players and build a team with the contract. But no, the lakers FO is completely clueless while Knowledge from LG has the answers. You know for absolute fact the team will be garbage while the professionals have no idea. Damn. Who knew the bums got paid and the real geniuses sit on their laptops on LG?

Lol you would trust doctors not in your own network when investing millions of dollars?

You must be a business man.

Never said the agent screwed over the Lakers. He did his job.

It's funny you state clearly that the Lakers got ripped off but then all the rest of you argues it from Kobe's side.

Why do you even concede the point when you make no argument for it. It's a waste of time.

You must be a professional NBA General Manager

Way to ignore the question.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33
Jump to: