Is it time to replace the training/medical staff?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suckmaki Walker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Is it time to replace the training/medical staff?

iv'e never seen a team decimated with so many injuries. here are some events that took place recently:

1)kobe injures knee, comes out briefly then go's back to playing. MRI shows a broken bone. youd think that in injury regardless of what leg it was would be checked out immediately.

2)kobe injures himself not once but twice last year, continues playing and eventually tears his ACL.

3)training staff not having a clue as to when or if nash will come back. nash has had a relatively healthy career before joining the lakers.

4)farmar tearing the same hamstring TWICE this season

5)as of yesterday the team doesnt know when henry is coming back

6)gasol is constantly injured

i cant remember the last time the lakers had 'setbacks' in regards to player injuries up until the last few years.

here's a great article on the suns training staff and why they have been so successful at keeping players healthy

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/04/05/secret-behind-phoenix-suns-elite-training-staff/

Last edited by Suckmaki Walker on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject:

I don't. Let's hear what the doctors here have to say.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject:

replace everything
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject:

how many titles have the PHX won with their amazing training staff?
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject:

It's always hard to say.
It can be a medical staff problem but it could be completely something else. It could be actually a lot of things.
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject:

I saw the show on Sportsnet where they have all of the players on very low carb diets and almost all of their calories are derived from the fat content. One may not be able to help but to think that the players' diets may be contributing to the team's struggles. The Lakers have had a recent history of not coming out in the 3rd quarter and playing with low energy. Maybe it's time for Grass-Tim and company to reexamine some things and find a way to step up their game.
13thOverallPick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject:

How bad has it gotten? It has gotten so bad we start blaming our training/medical staff lol.
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject:

Don't forget Malone.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject:

Kobe didn't tear his ACL, he ruptured his Achilles tendon.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Is it time to replace the training/medical staff?

Suckmaki Walker wrote:
iv'e never seen a team decimated with so many injuries. here are some events that took place recently:

1)kobe injures knee, comes out briefly then go's back to playing. MRI shows a broken bone. youd think that in injury regardless of what leg it was would be checked out immediately.

2)kobe injures himself not once but twice last year, continues playing and eventually tears his ACL.

3)training staff not having a clue as to when or if nash will come back. nash has had a relatively healthy career before joining the lakers.

i cant remember the last time the lakers had 'setbacks' in regards to player injuries up until the last few years.

here's a great article on the suns training staff and why they have been so successful at keeping players healthy

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/04/05/secret-behind-phoenix-suns-elite-training-staff/

While i agree with you about the training staff, i do not agree about Nash. Steve was well on the decline leaving Phoenix. It just so happens that when he got injured that decline rared it's ugly head in the worst way. Our training staff are not as good as what he had in Phoenix. Would he have been correctly diagnosed earlier if he was still with the Suns? who knows. nash is OLD!!!! He had all summer to rehab and come back to get hurt in the season anyways. You saw him play this season, its a mess!!! At this point, he needs to be coming off the bench and spelling PGs like Dfish is doing in OKC
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject:

I find it HIGHLY unlikely that there is a problem with the medical staff. The Lakers can afford and do pay for some of the best health professionals in the country, they are in LA for crying out loud which has some of the best medical/health facilities in the entire world
lugo175
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject:

13thOverallPick wrote:
How bad has it gotten? It has gotten so bad we start blaming our training/medical staff lol.

Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject:

lugo175 wrote:
13thOverallPick wrote:

Start?

I think LG has trashed Lakers training stuff for at least fiver years or more.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
replace everything

pretty much.
Pblaze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Is it time to replace the training/medical staff?

Suckmaki Walker wrote:

1+2: Kobe has always determined when and if he plays - not the coach, not the training staff. The one time a coach tried to exert power over Kobe was Brown ("I wanted to go in a different direction"). He almost got fired then for it.

3. Nash has always had chronic back problems. No surprise and even the vaunted Phoenix trainers would not have helped here. Nash is too old for NBA level basketball and needs to retire.

4. Re-injuring a hamstring is really common - especially if you try to rush back.

5. OK. Haven't kept up on X and what is happening with him.

6. OK. Pau has had a lot of injuries the past two years. Perhaps the training staff/medical staff does have some blame here.

But also factor in that Scrub Teams have lots of injuries. Players aren't willing to play in pain (or chance a permanent injury) for a team going nowhere. I remember the old Clipper teams that stunk - they were often also "plagued by injuries".
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject:

I won't go so far as to blame the training staff for the injuries plaguing the team. Nash is old and had back problems in Phoenix. Kobe has logged a lot of miles on those legs. And I'm not sure if Pau is really injured. I would, however, speculate that their prescribed diet may have something to do with the energy levels at which the team plays. I don't think that the medical/training staff needs to be replaced. I do think that Tim DiFrancesco should re-examine his methods as his prescribed diet may not be providing sufficient levels of energy.
ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject:

For the 1,000,000,000,000,000th time HE RUPTURED HIS ACHILLES, HE DIDN'T HAVE AN ACL TEAR.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject:

Casual fans really expose themselves with threads like these.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

yup....they are godawful....
Druggas
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject:

13thOverallPick wrote:

The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Coach Slick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Mege wrote:
I saw the show on Sportsnet where they have all of the players on very low carb diets and almost all of their calories are derived from the fat content. One may not be able to help but to think that the players' diets may be contributing to the team's struggles. The Lakers have had a recent history of not coming out in the 3rd quarter and playing with low energy. Maybe it's time for Grass-Tim and company to reexamine some things and find a way to step up their game.

Actually, one of the stated goals of the ketogenic diet is the elimination or at least minimization of the spikes and crashes that result from excess glucose levels. When you consume foods that are high in carbohydrates, your body converts them into energy faster than they can be absorbed into your bloodstream, which results in what's colloquially known as a "sugar high". As insulin production rises in the pancreas to sequester this glucose, the jitters abruptly fade and leave you feeling fatigued. The more processed the carbs, the more pronounced this effect is.
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Coaching, medical staff, and even announcers (minus Mychal) have all got to go and have not lived up to the standards set by this once mighty franchise.
Coach Slick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
lugo175 wrote:
13thOverallPick wrote:

Start?

I think LG has trashed Lakers training stuff for at least fiver years or more.

No reason they shouldn't be scrutinized as much as the rest of the organization. The trouble is, where do you draw the line between what's reasonable and what's just paranoid delusion? If LG is any indication, most fans don't bother to set one at all.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject:

maybe it's all part of the plot to tank. see key players are injured, so fans can't get mad if we play like crap, i hope i'm right on this one
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: