Wade gone in 2 years?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Walker is signed through 2011, but the Heat have a team option on him in the summer of 2009, which they'll almost surely exercise so they can release him. JWill's $8.5 mil a year deal runs through the summer of 2008, and Haslem is signed along with Shaq through 2010. The Heat might be under the cap in 2008 if they don't pick up any (or many) contracts between now and then, but if Wade re-ups then kiss that idea goodbye (although they could then possibly be under the cap a year later if they release Walker).

The problem with the Heat trading Shaq to the Knicks is that the Heat will basically be dumping him for nothing. Looking at the Knicks roster, who would Miami want that the Knicks could trade to make salaries match? The most likely person would be Jalen Rose (whose $18 mil comes off the books next summer) and someone else as a throw in. Maybe the Knicks would be willing to package Channing Frye and J. Rose to get Shaq. It would be a horrible move for the Knicks, but it wouldn't be out of line with the kind of moves they usually make (trading talent and cap space away for a big name who can't help the team at all). I doubt that Riley and the Heat would be willing to admit defeat already with Shaq after only two years there and their first Finals appearance, but if he actually is smart and can see the writing on the wall, then he should probably already be ringing Isiah.

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
I hate snaq as much as the next guy, but don't read too much into that box score from last night - if anyone on the heat had hit the wide open looks they were getting, the double teams come slower and shaq has a better game. Which is not to say he is the player he once was, just not the player everyone is making him out to be (done).

Can't stand Shaq and hate Wade more, but I do think the next game is theirs. The Big Ego will start running out of people to blame it on and he'll actually have to bring whatever is left in the tank. It's a big tank. Wade will die trying...I hope.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject:

Wade'll leave latest at the time his current contract expires. I have said it since the Walker-Williams-Posey -deal was done and I'm still standing behind those words.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject:

CheetahMan wrote:
Wade'll leave latest at the time his current contract expires. I have said it since the Walker-Williams-Posey -deal was done and I'm still standing behind those words.

In order for him to do this (without deliberate sabotage) he will have to not sign an extension this or next summer and accept the $5M QO from the Heat for 07/08, so he's still on the hook for 2 of Shaq's 4 remaining seasons.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: