****OFFICIAL BSPN CAN NOW BE CALLED ESPN****

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: ****OFFICIAL BSPN CAN NOW BE CALLED ESPN****

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-060612

Dignity restored! CHeck out the daily dime today people! ALl the articles are on the money about how slow and old shaq is and how young and vulnerable Wade is!!!

There is even mention of Kobe being able to carry this old Shaq to a championship.

I may have jumped the gun on calling these guys ESPN again (the media is fickle) however they are making drastic steps in the right direction today... Hell even Legler said something that made mild sense!!!!!!
dinlabreak
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject:

if miami comes back to win this series ur gonna be calling them BSPN again
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject:

dinlabreak wrote:
if miami comes back to win this series ur gonna be calling them BSPN again

I'm guessing your rooting for Shaq...
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject:

ESPN guys like Stein and Bucher (and Greg Anthony) have always given Kobe respect.. nothing has changed.
KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Gotta love that the no show for SHaq to his interviews is esentially turning this into him having to PAY FOR A WHUP AZZ IN DALLAS!!!
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject:

wow about time somebody woke up and smelled the hype

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
Tryangles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: ****OFFICIAL BSPN CAN NOW BE CALLED ESPN****

KingKobe8thWonder wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-060612

Dignity restored! CHeck out the daily dime today people! ALl the articles are on the money about how slow and old shaq is and how young and vulnerable Wade is!!!

There is even mention of Kobe being able to carry this old Shaq to a championship.

I may have jumped the gun on calling these guys ESPN again (the media is fickle) however they are making drastic steps in the right direction today... Hell even Legler said something that made mild sense!!!!!!

great read +1
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

No, except for Bucher and a few others, it is still BSPN.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject:

I think ESPN is a good network except when it promotes guys like John Hollinger. Bucher, Stein and Legler are all pretty legit. But Hollinger, a stat guy, has the stats and instead uses his personal biasness to hate on Kobe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
KoolMo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Trouble is, this is Year 3 for No. 3.

You figure that Kobe Bryant, after 10 seasons, would be able to do some Shaq-lifting on the Finals stage.

I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect Wade to carry Shaq, because Miami has no other dependable shooters and because the Mavs have the defenders -- deeper and more varied than any team in the East -- to make Wade work harder than usual.

"[Shaq] can't be as dominant as he wants to be right now because his other guys are not playing as good as we should," Wade conceded.

I see that response as a promising sign. It tells me that Wade sees the problem, understands he has to take it on, even if there's no simple solution.

He could muster only 6-of-19 shooting in this one, with just one basket longer than a layup, but don't bring up the sinus infection because Wade isn't using that as an excuse, either. He knows you can't use the no-legs alibi. Wade knows, as Dallas' Josh Howard so helpfully reminded everyone after Game 1, that "nobody has their legs" at this stage of the season.

Wade's woes on this night were missed layups, shaky hands -- he does appear to have freshly jammed one of his right fingers -- and the sticky defense of an old college rival. Small-but-speedy Mavs guard Devin Harris lent a Wisconsin vs. Marquette feel to Sunday's proceedings by joining Howard and Adrian Griffin on Wade duty and effectively shadowing (and nagging) him.

Very interesting read since I didn't see the game. This might be the first person to discuss Wade in this manner I've heard.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject:

It's still BSPN with those idiots like Hollinger, Chad Ford, Sheriddon (sp?), Skip Bayless, Legler, etc.
they-perch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject:

tw-lakbfan wrote:
It's still BSPN with those idiots like Hollinger, Chad Ford, Sheriddon (sp?), Skip Bayless, Legler, etc.

exactly, and theres an article running today online entitled. "shaq needs help" --hollinger of course.

when kobe's team goes dead cold on him, kobe's selfish, and its his fault the lakers lose. if kobe was in wade's place they'd be blaming him for not getting shaq the ball. shaq sits out while his team is losing, nothing said. kobe tries to get his teammates involved 2nd half of game seven, and he's selfish. did shaq sit out the 4th qtr because he wanted to throw the game to show everyone how important he is? i doubt it, but thats what theyd say about kobe. people blame kobe for not winning a championship this season, and he has ZERO allstars on his team. shaq has dwade, zo and walker, payton doesnt really count anymore haha.

ridiculous.
PamelaBridgette
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I wrote to Stein since his sentence seems to indicate that Kobe can do it of course, at 10 years and Wade has only 3. I reminded him of Kobe's game v. Indiana when Shaq fouled out. Kobe's 4th season and only 2nd as a starter. Not hating on Wade, just feel that they always feel forced to give him a compliment and they do it with a backhand. Chumps!
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject:

Just read what Chris Boussard wrote and then rethink the subject. It's still BSPN.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject:

What did Boussard write? I don't want to click on this fool's link. He's been a Shaq/James jocker.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: