Mavs/Heat = '04 Spurs/Lakers???

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hook 'Em Lakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Mavs/Heat = '04 Spurs/Lakers???

Now I'm not saying that it's gonna happen (and I sure hope to god that it doesn't) but you can't deny the similarities. It seems like everyone has all but written off the Heat and already made the Mavs champions just like the Spurs were treated when they were up 2-0. Everyone said we were too old and that the Spurs would continue to run circles around us. Well, we all know how that turned out.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject:

^ A few differences though:

Shaq was more dominant back then than he is now

There was also a better supporting cast with championship experience that the Heat lack

The Lakers were at least close for the most part in those first two games against the Spurs the Heat were just falling apart big time.
hitmankb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

That was the west, this is the finals!!!! That exact same team got creamed by the pistons!!! All the lakers did against the Spurs was stop tony parker, and bothered Manu! Do you really think that the Heat can stop terry, howard, dirk, Stackhouse, ect....
AllorNothing on Ron Artest
Quote:
He should be let go of his contract by the Kings to pursue a topnotch psychiatrist in LA.
32tapout
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:

The difference is the Lakers weren't creamed by the Spurs in the 1st 2 games at SBC; they could've actually won Game 1 if the free throw disparage wasn't 35-12 for the Spurs. The Heat were whipped in both games in Dallas and realistically they will probably take 2 of the 3 games at home but I think this thing is over in 6.

Mr. NBA Logo on 6/24/05 on Spurs fans seeking validation from Laker fans.
Billy Thompson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Give the Heat 4 Hall of Famers and I'll admit there's a similarity.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Not close. That Spurs team couldn't shoot from the perimeter. Once we started leaving their perimeter guys open and started packing the paint they struggled to score. Of course we changed the offense up some by setting a lot of off the ball screens to free up Kobe and brought Shaq out away from the basket.

The difference is Miami cannot do anything different defensively. Miami can change things up offensively but they're still not going to outscore Dallas 4 out of the next 5 games.
KB0024
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Let's not forget that after Tony Parker was knocked on his behind he pretty much disappeared in LA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: