*** LOS ANGELES LAKERS vs CHARLOTTE BOBCATS (1/31/2014) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Somebody needs to slap his face until that smile is permanently eliminated. Ok, done with my rant.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:

I hope stern stubs his toe tomorrow morning and develops a bad ingrown toenail infection.

Ass ho
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Boooed off the floor.

...MDA & the FO are the ones that deserve to be BOOed...
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Stern, should be booed for setting this franchise back for a while with the CP3 veto.

but I know better days are ahead.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject:

You know we suck when you let Al Jefferson score 40 lmao
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Once again D'Anttoni mentions players being tired and not having the energy for the 2nd half. Yet KAMAN SITS ON THE BENCH. We need offense besides Gasol for our bigs. Hill, Sacre, and Kelly aren't giving it.

Last edited by theunknownsoldier on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Stern, should be booed for setting this franchise back for a while with the CP3 veto.

The CP3 veto excuse is getting old. Houston was in that trade too. In fact it was said by a Rocket official at the time that the CP3 veto set them back at least 3 or 4 years. They didn't sit and cry about it. Their GM made moves and kept acquiring assets instead of continuing to make bad move after bad move like our FO has done.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Still waiting for someone to explode on Ireland during postgame. So many "Why is that's" after every loss lmao
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

The CP3 veto excuse is getting old. Houston was in that trade too. In fact it was said by a Rocket official at the time that the CP3 veto set them back at least 3 or 4 years. They didn't sit and cry about it. Their GM made moves and kept acquiring assets instead of continuing to make bad move after bad move like our FO has done.

+1

I think that Portland lost both Brandon Roy and Greg Oden with nothing in return.

Other than Aldridge and Batum, I think that the rest of Portland roster has been changed since then.
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

theunknownsoldier wrote:
Once again D'Anttoni mentions players being tired and not having the energy for the 2nd half. Yet KAMAN SITS ON THE BENCH. We need offense besides Gasol for our bigs. Hill, Sacre, and Kelly aren't giving it.

Every game we give up points in the paint and second chance points. Meanwhile, Kaman sits on the bench. Kaman is a big body who could put a body and box out other bigs. Kelly does not rebound or box out effectively because he is too light and he is always around the perimeter.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Yeah it was probably a blessing for them. I actually remember a lot of people saying it was a blessing for the Lakers too because with Nash, they finally got a pass first point guard to play alongside Kobe and a deadeye shooter that could take all the shots that Artest always bricked instead of the stubborn ball dominant Chris Paul that probably would have clashed with Kobe. Of course, Nash physically fell apart once he got here and D'Antoni, Buss, and Stern have been blamed for everything that happened since.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject:

theunknownsoldier wrote:

When I see that people are upset that guys like Kaman and Hill aren't playing major minutes, it is a quick reminder about how bad this team is. Any team that has those guys playing a lot of minutes is going to be BAD. They are just good roleplayers much like the rest of the healthy bodies on the roster right now.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Fortunately in two years this disaster of a season will only be a sad memory

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:
theunknownsoldier wrote:

Every game we give up points in the paint and second chance points. Meanwhile, Kaman sits on the bench. Kaman is a big body who could put a body and box out other bigs. Kelly does not rebound or box out effectively because he is too light and he is always around the perimeter.

Mike's probably been told to "showcase" Kelly and/or "develop" Kelly.
Or he freaking hates Kaman. Or both.
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
theunknownsoldier wrote:

When I see that people are upset that guys like Kaman and Hill aren't playing major minutes, it is a quick reminder about how bad this team is. Any team that has those guys playing a lot of minutes is going to be BAD. They are just good roleplayers much like the rest of the healthy bodies on the roster right now.

Kaman can score and rebound. Kelly was supposed to help our offense, but isn't doing anything, and his rebounding is atrocious.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
Hey Mike, you have ZERO defense on the floor. This isn't shocking at all.

Need someone in here telling us how MDA is a good coach again.

is this the hill complaint again? you know he's sucked tonight, right?

All 12 minutes of him, get a clue.

3 rebounds and 0 points. double his minutes and maybe he gets twice that, i guess.

Because that's how it works. How was the defense tonight? It's Hills fault for his 12 minutes right?

he started the 3rd, not like he didn't get a chance.

It starts with the coach...
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Fortunately in two years this disaster of a season will only be a sad memory

Kind of like the 09-10 season
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:
I can't stand MDA smiling and joking after such an ugly loss. Ugh.

Wasn't Kobe doing something similar recently? I thought I remember him doing that. If so, were you mad about that also?

As far as Kaman goes, he has no future with the Lakers. He's gone. And the team would now have to play .800 ball to win 44 games and have even a chance to make the playoffs.

That's not going to happen, and so it makes no sense to play Kaman. The team may not be actively trying to tank, but I'm not sure they're trying to win, either. So we're probably in the "test out the young guys and the guys who we may keep around" phase. You have to see what you have in Kelly.

Kaman is gone. He doesn't fit into the picture and you're not trying to test him out. And you probably don't want him to get hurt if you're thinking about dealing him before the deadline.

The only possible way I could see Kaman playing now is if you have someone hurt or are trying to keep someone's minutes down so they don't get hurt (Pau). Other than that, I think it will be "DNP - Coach's Decision" from here on out for Kaman. And I'm ok with that because even though I don't want to tank, now that we have no shot at the playoffs, I'm not going to be unhappy if we get a better lottery position.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject:

TheLakerWay wrote:
magicdays wrote:

Wasn't Kobe doing something similar recently? I thought I remember him doing that. If so, were you mad about that also?

As far as Kaman goes, he has no future with the Lakers. He's gone. And the team would now have to play .800 ball to win 44 games and have even a chance to make the playoffs.

That's not going to happen, and so it makes no sense to play Kaman. The team may not be actively trying to tank, but I'm not sure they're trying to win, either. So we're probably in the "test out the young guys and the guys who we may keep around" phase. You have to see what you have in Kelly.

Kaman is gone. He doesn't fit into the picture and you're not trying to test him out. And you probably don't want him to get hurt if you're thinking about dealing him before the deadline.

The only possible way I could see Kaman playing now is if you have someone hurt or are trying to keep someone's minutes down so they don't get hurt (Pau). Other than that, I think it will be "DNP - Coach's Decision" from here on out for Kaman. And I'm ok with that because even though I don't want to tank, now that we have no shot at the playoffs, I'm not going to be unhappy if we get a better lottery position.

Yeah. And more minutes for Kaman won't get them more wins anyway. I'm no sure why some people think he would make such a difference.
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
TheLakerWay wrote:
magicdays wrote:

Yeah. And more minutes for Kaman won't get them more wins anyway. I'm no sure why some people think he would make such a difference.

My own feeling is that such people simply want to criticize MDA, and the Kaman issue gives them an avenue for that criticism.
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject:

TheLakerWay wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
TheLakerWay wrote:
magicdays wrote:

My own feeling is that such people simply want to criticize MDA, and the Kaman issue gives them an avenue for that criticism.

lol. Why criticise the coach? We all want the lottery pick.
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject:

theunknownsoldier wrote:
We all want the lottery pick.

We're well on our way now
Triple Double
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject:

"Get the Alpo ready because the Lakers are playing like dogs!" -Chickie
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22
Jump to: