Jermaine O'Neal To Raptors Trade Rumor

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Jermaine O'Neal To Raptors Trade Rumor

"I love NBA rumors. Even the ones that aren't true, as I suspect is the case with the juiciest rumor making the rounds. The latest, according to multiple media sources who probably don't have real sources in the know, is the Indiana Pacers are considering sending Jermaine O'Neal and the No. 17 pick in the draft to the Toronto Raptors for the No. 1 pick and Charlie Villanueva. (There's also a Jamaal Tinsley to Minnesota for Ricky Davis rumor out there, but first things first.)"

"So . . . J.O. and No. 17 for No. 1 and Villanueva? My verdict: No way. Again, I'm all for dropping a large nuclear device into the middle of the Pacers' dressing room. I'm all for taking risks, even taking a couple of steps backward to move forward. The truth is, after so many years of reaching the playoffs but failing to win a championship, I don't see the point in continuing to win 45 or 46 games and getting whacked in the first round."

"If he's going to be a Pacer next year, there needs to be a meeting of the minds -- between O'Neal and team CEO Donnie Walsh, it should be mentioned, because there isn't a lot of trust between O'Neal and Bird. On the one hand, O'Neal needs to make a commitment to lose weight and come to camp in the best shape of his professional life. On the other hand, the Pacers need to bring in a true big man who can allow O'Neal to be the kind of player he was when he was surrounded by Ron Artest and Brad Miller."

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060614/COLUMNISTS01/606140431/1004/SPORTS
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: