Lakers and Rockets - it makes TOO much sense!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedRider307
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Lakers and Rockets - it makes TOO much sense!

Rockets need a backup big (not to mention a big with some post moves!) and an outside threat. McHale loves Pau and Meeks is a great shooter. They make a playoff push and are off the hook for their salaries if it doesn't work.

Lakers can afford the ballon payments on both Asik and Lin next year without jeopardizing their 2015 space. Not to mention, they greatly improve their defense with Asik and bring in a big time fan excitement with Lin.

Help me understand why this deal wouldn't be good for both sides RIGHT NOW!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kzweoww

Lakers get:
Lin
Asik

Rockets get:
Gasol
Meeks
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject:

How about no? Lin provides no flexibility for the upcoming summer and don't think he should be a starter on a good team; which is what the Lakers are trying to build.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Unless the Lakers plan is to have a playoff team (probably 6-8th seed), keep the 2014 pick, and have salary cap space for 2015, then no.
Black Salt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject:

No contracts beyond 2014 that isn't Kobe Bryant and Nash. If we luck out and get a all star PG or C in this draft, you still wait one more year if Lebron or Melo dont come and you get Love.

If the Lakers were to get Embiid and Love the following year, that is how you rebuild a future contender.

Unfortuantly, since Kobe took the money he got, he has only one chance to win the 6th and still get paid, and that would mean Mr James becoming a Laker.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Pass. I'll stick with what we have. I'll pass on Houston's overrated players.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject:

No to these two. They don't match our present or future plans
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers and Rockets - it makes TOO much sense!

RedRider307 wrote:
Rockets need a backup big (not to mention a big with some post moves!) and an outside threat. McHale loves Pau and Meeks is a great shooter. They make a playoff push and are off the hook for their salaries if it doesn't work.

Lakers can afford the ballon payments on both Asik and Lin next year without jeopardizing their 2015 space. Not to mention, they greatly improve their defense with Asik and bring in a big time fan excitement with Lin.

Help me understand why this deal wouldn't be good for both sides RIGHT NOW!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kzweoww

Lakers get:
Lin
Asik

Rockets get:
Gasol
Meeks

The deal might make us a tiny bit better in the short run, but unless you saw Lin and Asik as two guys you'd want to resign I'd don't see the point to the deal. And there really aren't two guys I'd want to sign for the price they'll command.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject:

This is the rare deal that doesn't make sense for either team. The Lakers would be making their '14 pick worse with the addition of 2 starting quality players, while hamstringing their ability to acquire guys in the offseason. The Rockets would be trading a 30mpg PG who's played well for them while the other PG has struggled with injuries, and in exchange for backups to their two best players.
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject:

What's the thing with Lin?
I find him nothing. He is one player I absolutely not want in my team.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject:

threads like these are a pet peeve of mine.

Not saying you arent making sense..

i just never get the point of these threads because they are usually a bit biased, and two because do people really think that they are smarter than GMs?

I remember mitch saying a couple of years ago how sometimes they were working up to the early morning hours trying to come up with things or make deals happen..

i think people underestimate the amount of things that have to fall in place in order for these trades to work.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject:

I don't want Lin but wouldn't mind Asik.

We need a center that can rebound and play defense. He also expires in 2015 allowing us to sign Love.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: