Trade proposal from draft express: Lamar to Chicago for #2 and #16 picks

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Trade proposal from draft express: Lamar to Chicago for #2 and #16 picks

Lakers trade Lamar Odom for the #2 and #16 overall selection from the Chicago Bulls. This trade will be possible if the Bulls draft for the Lakers, and wait until free agency starts when they will be under the cap enough to take on Lamar's contract. This is a good deal for them, because they already have a solid young team. Adding experience and versatility can only be a positive in the weak east.

At first glance, this deal seems to be very bad for the Lakers. But imagine this, Lakers make the trade, draft Brandon Roy at #2, take the money they now have under the cap and throw it at Tayshaun Prince or Peja to fill in lamar's shoes. Oh, we still have a #16 selection
ryuvienco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Lamar to Bulls for 2 and 16

I would take that if the draft had an instant impact player... but they don't. I don't think Roy is good enough to be picked #2. Unfortunately, Lamar is the only trade bait we have, but I don't think he should go for two picks. Beside, Phil will have them sitting on the bench anyway since they are rookies. They should ask for #2 and Ben Gordon. That would be ideal, but I dont' think it will happen.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:

its all over the Laker lounge homie
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: