Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject:

I love tanker tears.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject:

What this deal about Celtics Lakers as if a regular season game has any significance? Did Lakers "fans" extra care when Nick Van Exel closed down the old garden with a game winner? Nope. Did Lakers fans care at all during the Pierce-Walker era? Nope. Lets stop making it seem like we care so much about Lakers Celtics regular season games as if they mean something extra. We didn't do it in the past with better teams. Why are we trying to make it seem like we care now????
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
What this deal about Celtics Lakers as if a regular season game has any significance? Did Lakers "fans" extra care when Nick Van Exel closed down the old garden with a game winner? Nope. Did Lakers fans care at all during the Pierce-Walker era? Nope. Lets stop making it seem like we care so much about Lakers Celtics regular season games as if they mean something extra. We didn't do it in the past with better teams. Why are we trying to make it seem like we care now????

Uhhhhh, maybe you didn't care, but I sure as hell was screaming my head off and jumping around like we won the championship when Van Exel hit that fall away three to win the game. And I also always loved wins a little (sometimes a lot) more and hated losses a lot more when they came against the Celtics.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject:

Lakersfuturematters wrote:
pio2u wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
This is now two games in a row that Boston allowed LA to win by tanking the fourth. They fully understand how meaningless these games are, you truly can't have any more meaningless games than these. The only meaning to be found in these games is to hope the Lakers get a good enough pick to get a superstar in the draft which could set them up for glory for decades to come.

I will never understand why fans root for their teams to lose in the long term and win in the short term. None of these players will be Lakers next year, WHY are you rooting for the Lakers to go from the 4th pick in the draft (close to number 3) to what is now the 7th pick in the draft? We went from 4th to 7th in ONE DAY. This is horrible!

Then again, with Jim Buss in control I don't think we could ever win again, he is worse than Frank McCourt. Sure he isn't as greedy as McCourt. But at least McCourt was smart and earned his way. Jim Buss is literally a borderline (bleep), I really think he is in the literal sense. He is too stupid to understand the value of a top 3 pick in a once in a decade draft

You really think NBA players, especially fringe guys like those on losing teams, deliberately blow layups, shots, and defensive assignments and make themselves look bad? Lol. Organizations tank. Not players. Players like to win, and they really, really like to make themselves look good so they can stay in the NBA and make money.

Players don't give two (bleep) about the organization getting a better draft pick, one who might replace their own position on the team.

well said

Nah, not the fringe players, they are fighting for a job. But guys like Rondo and Green know what is best for the team. And they are part of the future, so they care about getting themselves out of the basement. It's those two who refuse to play ANY defense during crunch time.

Please. They're being dangled around in trades all the time,and they know it. Why would they sacrifice their numbers and make themselves look bad for some hypothetical pick for some guy they might not even play with? And by all accounts, Rondo is a hyper competitive guy; somehow I doubt he'd be fine with throwing games just because. Organizations tank by trading away talent, or by nursing injured players longer than necessary or by possibly instructing coaches discreetly to reduce key players' minutes at key times, players on the court don't tank because winning is fun, losing sucks ass, other players talk trash, and they like looking good in front of fans, girls, and other potential teams down the line that may or may not be willing to throw boatloads of money at them.

Organizations are willing to tank because there may be some tangible reward for them, players are not because there isn't one for them while there are a lot of potential negatives.
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:

Thats actually one of the more classic Laker moments
wjot1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
This is now two games in a row that Boston allowed LA to win by tanking the fourth. They fully understand how meaningless these games are, you truly can't have any more meaningless games than these. The only meaning to be found in these games is to hope the Lakers get a good enough pick to get a superstar in the draft which could set them up for glory for decades to come.

I will never understand why fans root for their teams to lose in the long term and win in the short term. None of these players will be Lakers next year, WHY are you rooting for the Lakers to go from the 4th pick in the draft (close to number 3) to what is now the 7th pick in the draft? We went from 4th to 7th in ONE DAY. This is horrible!

Then again, with Jim Buss in control I don't think we could ever win again, he is worse than Frank McCourt. Sure he isn't as greedy as McCourt. But at least McCourt was smart and earned his way. Jim Buss is literally a borderline (bleep), I really think he is in the literal sense. He is too stupid to understand the value of a top 3 pick in a once in a decade draft

You really think NBA players, especially fringe guys like those on losing teams, deliberately blow layups, shots, and defensive assignments and make themselves look bad? Lol. Organizations tank. Not players. Players like to win, and they really, really like to make themselves look good so they can stay in the NBA and make money.

Players don't give two (bleep) about the organization getting a better draft pick, one who might replace their own position on the team.

well said

Nah, not the fringe players, they are fighting for a job. But guys like Rondo and Green know what is best for the team. And they are part of the future, so they care about getting themselves out of the basement. It's those two who refuse to play ANY defense during crunch time.

Please. They're being dangled around in trades all the time,and they know it. Why would they sacrifice their numbers and make themselves look bad for some hypothetical pick for some guy they might not even play with? And by all accounts, Rondo is a hyper competitive guy; somehow I doubt he'd be fine with throwing games just because. Organizations tank by trading away talent, or by nursing injured players longer than necessary or by possibly instructing coaches discreetly to reduce key players' minutes at key times, players on the court don't tank because winning is fun, losing sucks ass, other players talk trash, and they like looking good in front of fans, girls, and other potential teams down the line that may or may not be willing to throw boatloads of money at them.

Organizations are willing to tank because there may be some tangible reward for them, players are not because there isn't one for them while there are a lot of potential negatives.

I think you ANTI-TANKERS dont understand one thing.
NObody expects PLAYERS to s**k on purpose. Of course they're playing their best. They don't care about the Lakers future. ALl they care ist their paychecks which is understandable.

The truth is - FO should've traded Gasol, Kaman and Hill.
We had a chance to get a top 3 pick (top 4 at worse). An now it looks like we could end up with 7-9th pick. AND THIS IS HORRIBLE.

Look at all previous draft classes. All superstars were usually (or always) drafted in the top 5.
I hope YOU DO realize how big of a gape is between 'lets say' 4th pick and 7th pick.

There were 2 possibilities.

1) Get top 4 pick. Draft Wiggins/Embiid/Parker/Exum. Pair that pick with Kobe and add MAX player in FA. (Melo/Love in `15) and build a solid playoff team. (i.e. Marshall, Kobe, Lance, Love, Embiid in `15 - seems legit right?)

2) Get 6-8th pick which means just a solid role player = WELCOME MEDICORITY!!!

You can say " LAKERS DONT TANK". The truth is - this is ANOTHER very bad move by our front office (aka Jim Buss).
GameOfLoans
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
I love tanker tears.

So you like being in mediocrity or false hope with Love/Kobe/12 minimum contracts? Can you stand being the 8th seed for the next 10 years? Will you still be a Lakers fan then?
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject:

lol @ the delusional tankers that thought we would not win a single more game this season.

I've bad news for you guys, we will win a couple more until the end of the season, at least five more. Hang tight, and try not to cry.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:

Horseshiznit. Clets game always mean more. I wasnt old enough to feel the sting of the when the Celts used to "own" the Lakers, but was a fan prior to 1984 and that sealed the sports hate for Boston. Clotheslining Rambis, BEAT L.A. chants, calls late at night to the Lakers hotel room.

Sorry that hate is real and when we suck like we do now the games may not mean much in the grand scheme since titles are not on the line, but the rivalry remains.

That is like saying Dodgers/Giants, Bruins/Trojans, UNC/duke only matter when both teams are good.

I am part of team tank ... but I ALWAYS want to beat the Celts. and the only thing that TRULY matters is Lakers 16 Celts 17 we need to get to 18 before they do.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

GameOfLoans wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
I love tanker tears.

So you like being in mediocrity or false hope with Love/Kobe/12 minimum contracts? Can you stand being the 8th seed for the next 10 years? Will you still be a Lakers fan then?

Mediocrity is doing what others do. The Lakers are above that.

The Lakers will be back in contention faster than other rebuilding teams precisely because they don't think like losers.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Horseshiznit. Clets game always mean more. I wasnt old enough to feel the sting of the when the Celts used to "own" the Lakers, but was a fan prior to 1984 and that sealed the sports hate for Boston. Clotheslining Rambis, BEAT L.A. chants, calls late at night to the Lakers hotel room.

Sorry that hate is real and when we suck like we do now the games may not mean much in the grand scheme since titles are not on the line, but the rivalry remains.

That is like saying Dodgers/Giants, Bruins/Trojans, UNC/duke only matter when both teams are good.

I am part of team tank ... but I ALWAYS want to beat the Celts. and the only thing that TRULY matters is Lakers 16 Celts 17 we need to get to 18 before they do.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27
Jump to: