What's the ideal team to surround Kobe with for the next 2 years?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
Convince Phil to coach Kobe's last 2 yrs

Blake
Lance (10m)
Kobe
Love (trade pick)
Pau

Farmar
Swaggy
Wesley
Hill
Kaman

You do realize that 4/5 of that starting lineup are injury prone players?

I believe our injury is due to the style of play. Phil does not have too much major injury when he coaches.

where were these injuries due to that style in phoenix? if anything a fast paced game means less contact.

Last edited by greenfrog on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Blake
Lance (10m)
Kobe
Love (trade pick)
Pau

Farmar
Swaggy
Wesley
Hill
Kaman

I believe our injury is due to the style of play. Phil does not have too much major injury when he coaches.

where we these injuries due to that style in phoenix? if anything a fast paced game means less contact.

Dr Klapper, is the one that mentioned style of play. By going slow and methodical the impact is less prone to major injury more like soreness and bruises. In a fast pace game where u are going fast and any contact can make u lose control and be more susceptible to major injury. Just my opinion.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Blake
Lance (10m)
Kobe
Love (trade pick)
Pau

Farmar
Swaggy
Wesley
Hill
Kaman

where we these injuries due to that style in phoenix? if anything a fast paced game means less contact.

Dr Klapper, is the one that mentioned style of play. By going slow and methodical the impact is less prone to major injury more like soreness and bruises. In a fast pace game where u are going fast and any contact can make u lose control and be more susceptible to major injury. Just my opinion.

I think Klapper has said the entire sport of Basketball is a major injury waiting to happen, especially for athletes in their mid-30s (I think he said something to the effect of "if you're 35 and over and playing basketball, you're crazy.").
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Not ideal, but realistic and would be tough to see as a fan, but if I'm thinking completely about win now and maximizing each asset in the now.

A couple assumptions I go with.

#1 Bryant has all-star ability left for two healthy years. Not a stretch but not a given. Not talking 29/6/5 MVP numbers, but 23/5/4 type of numbers.

#2 Pau won't be traded or given away at deadline just for cap relief, and Pau goes into FA.

#3 Bryant comes back after the ASB and adds about 3-5 wins to the Lakers final Win total. Pushing them outside of the top, and somewhere around 6,7 or 8 in the draft lotto. Lakers do not win the lotto or move up when it's don in June.

#4 Lakers are willing to admit hiring MDA was a mistake and cut ties with him, bring in someone like Lionel Hollins, who focuses on D and fits our team better than MDA.

So here goes

#1 Trade the draft pick, Steve Nash (who probably retires if traded to MEM) to Memphis for Marc Gasol. Marc is going to be a FA in 2015 and Memphis may be missing the playoffs this year. If Memphis wants a quick re-build, they would have Lakers lotto pick AND their own. Top top 13-14 picks in this draft is very good, especially if one of them is a top 6-8 one like the Lakers one will be. This trade has to happen on July 1 or after the new caps go into place. So Lakers would then absorb the extra $$$ on Marc's deal, Memphis also gets a significant trade X.

#2 With Pau seeing his brother on the Lakers and Pau/Marc always wanting to play together, LA then gets Pau to take a pretty big pay cut. A 2 year 16 M deal.

#3 This leaves LA with about 8-10 M in cap to spend. They use this on Luol Deng and re-signing Jordan Farmar. Deng gets a 4 year 36 M deal. Farmar gets a 2 year 5 M deal.

#4 Lakers use the bird rights they have on Meeks to bring him back, once they are over the cap.

#5 Sort of like last year they look for bargain vet min deals on players who want to showcase themselves as Lakers to get bigger contracts next year.

Lakers main rotation:

Marc Gasol/Pau Gasol
Pau Gasol/Deng/Kelly
Deng/Kobe
Kobe/Meeks
Farmar/Marshall

+ Vet min players brought back or brought in.

A team with the Gasol brothers, Deng up front, Kobe/Farmar in the backcourt and good coaching that fits (and is defensively focused) I can see the Lakers move into the top 4 of the West. You probably won't win a title but you give Kobe a great chance at another shot in the playoffs with that sort of team, IMO. You've got the type of team Kobe's always had success with and the type of style he truly believes in.

Then in 2016 Pau/Kobe contracts off the books. The real re-build begins then.

The alternative of course is what is likely going to happen - we'll keep the pick and try to make the playoffs as a 7th/8th seed. Not against that at all,I think the pick could turn out to be fantastic player. But if I'm not in the top 3-5 and I don't think the pick will be a franchise player or perennial all-star, I'm not against trying to win one more time around KB.

I thought you were all about defense? Gasol at 4 and Kobe at 2? And Marc Gasol's defense has a lot to do with having multiple elite guys out in front of him. Then there's the fact that you have no number 1 option going forward (Deng and Marc are 3rd option types). And your 4 best scorers are all best in the same areas. crowded post/midrange.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject:

Ideal for Kobe? 4 guys like Steve Blake to pass the ball to him.
Jajwanda
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject:

You have to have a certain type of advantage for your team, a guy like Jabari Parker at the 4, with three guys attacking off the bounce at the 1,2 and 3 would be a great place to start for a 2014 team.

That way you can run the P and R and attack, ISO, do a number of things while having enough foot speed to guard the P and R with your big men.
Even Miami doesn't really have 4 guys that can break a team down off the dribble. It's almost impossible to defend that can kind of lineup.

Here's a simple lineup:

PG- Farmar
SG- Marshall
SF- Bryant
PF- Parker
lugo175
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject:

NEW COACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Blake
Lance (10m)
Kobe
Love (trade pick)
Pau

Farmar
Swaggy
Wesley
Hill
Kaman

Just guys like Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Horry, Grant, Fisher, Odom, those are some of the guys who were injured with Phil as coach.
Jajwanda
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to have a ball handler at the 4, Jabari Parker being my favorite. If you do that you can threaten the defense from 4 different perimeter positions, while having a dangerous roll man attack the boards and hit from the mid-range.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Why is Kevin Love considered injury prone? He's only had 1 season he was out for the majority of...
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject:

56 wrote:
Why is Kevin Love considered injury prone? He's only had 1 season he was out for the majority of...

I'd guess it's his six year career average of missing 20 games per season.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
56 wrote:

I'd guess it's his six year career average of missing 20 games per season.

That's kind of misleading when 60% of his missed games came in one year. To put it another way, he missed around one and a half times as many games last year as he's missed in the rest of his career combined.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: