The Best Basketball Video Game of ALL TIME- VOTE

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is The Best Basketball Video Game of ALL TIME
Double Dribble (nintendo)
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
Lakers vs Celtics & Bulls vs Blazers (sega genesis)
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
NBA Live 95-2006 (Sega genesis) /SNES/(PS2)/XBox/Xbox360
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
NBA JAMS (All systems)
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
NBA 2KSeries-DreamCast/PS2/Xbox/Gamecube
35%
 35%  [ 11 ]
Coach K (broken backboards) & NCAA March Madness 05-06 (Sega Gensis)/PS2/Xbox
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
ESPN College Hoops 2K5-2K6
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NBA Street 1 thru Vol.3- (PS2)/Gamecube/Xbox
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NBA Ballers -NBA Ballers: Phenom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NBA 06
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 31

postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: The Best Basketball Video Game of ALL TIME- VOTE

ummmmmmm. let see........
this is tough.

Double Dribble-you could jump in the air and spin as many times as you could turn the controller before the guy landed. the first LEGIT NBA Game. in a great era of basketball.

Lakers vs Celtics/Bulls vs Blazers- the start of the Ea sports take over. players looked better then anything you've ever seen before. you could tell who certain guys were by sight. and the first game to give certain super star players, speciality moves (Tom Chambers anyone)-like the above game. was created during a Great era of NBA basketball(Magic, Jordan, Bird, Ewing, Barkely, etc)

NBA Live Series-revolutionized how a basketball games is supposed to be made and played. First NBA 5 on 5 game with a legit cross over move. First NBA game with allstar weekend ( i think, rookie game, allstar game, dunk contest, and 3point shoot out, all in season/dynasty/quick play modes)

2Kseries-some would say it is still the best basketball simulation out there.

Coach K & MarchMadness-well Coach K as shown, was the first and last game where you could break the backboard during the game. I think they tried it again in one of the other march madness games but it wasn't the same. I mean you could Dunk on your opponent and bring down the glass for the game winner. Coach K was created during a Great era of college hoop(before it college hoops started to become watered down with high schoolers going into the NBA early). And the most recent march madness games were also pretty good.

Espn College hoops-like its father NBA 2K, is said to be the best college basketball sim around.

NBA Street(s) series. was the first game I can recall, to implement a real life street ball Cross over. it changed NBA live and 2K series. Very Fun Game to play. Like Playing NBA jams with better dribble moves.

NBA Jams-the first Big time 3 on 3 basketball game to hit the arcade then the console systems. Very fun game to play.

NBA Ballers similar to NBA streets, but with more of a hoop sim feel to it. More aimed towards building your character from scratch, so you can feel as if You're the one hittin the streets with the ball in hand.

NBA 06-never played it. heard good and bad reviews. seems to have great potential.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:

I voted for the 2k series. I remember liking Jordan vs. Bird alot though.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject:

I probably played Live 99 and NBA Jam the most. Live was cool because there was a button to shove people to the ground. I used to get Shaq and throw PG's 10 feet backwards.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
I probably played Live 99 and NBA Jam the most. Live was cool because there was a button to shove people to the ground. I used to get Shaq and throw PG's 10 feet backwards.

see I personally couldn't stand that button. thats why i hated the Playstation version of live when it first transferred over from genesis. That stupid push hack was cheats all the way. It got so bad where I use to tell guys, if they want to play me. lets just turn it on Arcade mode, where all cheats are allowed. how can u have a simulation when you can push hack a man to death for no calls all night?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject:

2k series is the current champ but of all time? NBA Jam...the original, hands down. NBA Live Series is a close 2nd but since 2001 NBA Live has been garbage. 2k series has been solid but did fumble somewhat with 2k4. And they have only been around since the Dreamcast.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Um, hello? Dr. J. vs. Bird One on One?

Darn kids. No appreciation for the classics...

MIM
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject:

2k series, hands down...

fond memories of Lakers vs. Celtics though...
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:

MIM

Dr J vs Bird wasn't all that and you know it. just like i didn't inlcude, "Hoops". the first 3 on 3 streetball game EVER, also the first basketball game to have a girl in it. and that game was [insert slang word for that era....Dope].

that barkley game didnt' make the cut either. , nor did any of those one on one or even five on five horrible spin offs of 1 mans career. all those games were lacking.

what was the other one that got left off? inside drive, or whatever it was called, the 989 nba and college games. even though they had potential. they were always step children to the nba lives/2K series.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Woah woah woah....you left out so much.

Jordan vs. Bird (original Nintendo). 3-point shooting contest, slam dunk contest, one-on-one.

Tecmo NBA Basketball. I hated it cause my best friend would always block my free throws, but then I would score 100 points with Barkley against him, or post up Ewing, and if he is doubled, kick it out to a wide open John Starks for the three.

All-Pro Basketball. Nameless goons and made up teams, but I could score 150 points with one player and win the game 170-0. Versus the computer, of course.

NBA Street. Catching on fire, learning players' moves, going to Rucker Park.

There was another one for the original Nintendo I used to play all the time. No NBA players, but you played two-on-two. You could punch the opponent, pull down their pants, trip them, break the backboard. Argh, someone help me with the name of this game!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject:

[quote="encina1"]Woah woah woah....you left out so much.

Jordan vs. Bird (original Nintendo). 3-point shooting contest, slam dunk contest, one-on-one.

Tecmo NBA Basketball. I hated it cause my best friend would always block my free throws, but then I would score 100 points with Barkley against him, or post up Ewing, and if he is doubled, kick it out to a wide open John Starks for the three.

All-Pro Basketball. Nameless goons and made up teams, but I could score 150 points with one player and win the game 170-0. Versus the computer, of course.

NBA Street. Catching on fire, learning players' moves, going to Rucker Park.

There was another one for the original Nintendo I used to play all the time. No NBA players, but you played two-on-two. You could punch the opponent, pull down their pants, trip them, break the backboard. Argh, someone help me with the name of this game!![/quote]

ARCH RIVALS!! another classic! it was on arcade and NES.

but for me, Lakers Vs. Celtics on Genesis was close to a religious experience. to actually recognize players, AND have signature moves?! unbeleivable. i sat in front of my tv and played that game for a year straight.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject:

Arch Rivals!!! Thanks, TS
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject:

I like NBA 2k6 but after one season it got boring. It just isn't fun anymore.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:

Gotta go with Double Dribble. I remember asking my brother why the hell the Lakers mascot was a hot dog. weird.
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:

MIM

lol.. hell yeah.. loved playing that on my commodore 64
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Bill Laimbeer Combat Basketball
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

NBA 2K2.
notWorthy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I voted for the blue hot dog strictly for nostalgic reasons - looks like a bunch of others did, too.
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Im playing Double Dribble right here on my mac.... love those emulators
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: