Lakers trio you'd like to see for the next 10 years
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject:

Jajwanda wrote:
Rob Sacre for 15 years Chronicle...

Afterwards he'll become GM.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Exum/Henry/Jordan
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject:

1. Bledsoe/Wiggins/Love

2. Bledsoe/Parker/Love

3. Bledsoe/Love/Embiid

4. Smart/Love/Jordan

5. Bledsoe/Exum/Love

I don't think Durant will leave OKC so i'm not going to put him on any list but i'll take any of those lineups. If anyone leaves OKC it would be Westbrook but the only way i would want him is if we can't get Bledsoe, Smart, or Exum but i think will get one of them.
Jajwanda
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Wiggins/Love/Irving (Max offer)
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject:

Stephenson/Exum/Love

Versatile and athletic back court. Less concerned with Love's defensive flaws if you can have guards contain their player consistently. Offensively there's a lot of playmaking. A defensive big and an athletic defender i.e Henry/Wes for cheap and the team is looking solid.
moonwalker8701
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Sign and trade pau gasol to Toronto for demar derozan.
Draft Andrew wiggins.
I wouldn't keep any current laker except for Ryan Kelly. He's a decent stretch 4 off the bench.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Exum
Durant
Love
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject:

So you said FA this year, a current player, and a draft pick?

Current player: Ryan Kelly
Free Agent: LeBron James
Draft Pick: Dante Exum

This was tough because you pretty much have to pick really young people.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject:

In the spirit of Donald Sterling, I still want my K-K-K.

Kevin Ollie
Kevin Love
Kevin Durant.

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers trio you'd like to see for the next 10 years

AuraStar wrote:
The other day during the Lakers & Spurs game, it was noted that Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan had tied Magic, Cooper & Kareem on the winning list for a trio, with only Bird, McHale, & Parrish.

So it got me to thinking, what trio of players would you like to see together for the next 10 years. Let's make it realistic, pick one current Laker, a free agent, & a draft pick.

So here's my trio:

PG Kyle Lowry (free agent)
SF Wesley Johnson (Lakers)
C Joel Embiid (draft)

Of course, things can change like a player staying in school, or a team picking up or declining an option on a player, but this is who I'll go with at this time.

You do realize that Lowry is 29 next year? And Wesley is 28 next year?
dawglaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject:

love, stephenson, hibbert
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject:

10 years would be reaching, but I think realistically we can look at the next 5 years. I think there are three positions on our team that would have to be locked in, in order to compete at a high level. They are PG, SG, and Center. I would have to go with the following...

PG Position:

Kyle Lowry is a definite possibility in 5 years he would be 33. I'm not sure if his game will be at the same level as it is now, simply because he's a PG and that would be a ton of wear and tear, but he's definitely a viable option at PG.

Kyrie Irving on the other hand would be my top choice, simply because he's a few years younger and could turn out to more of a franchise player than Lowry. Kyrie would only be 27 5 years from now still in his prime. So if I had to choose over the 2 it would probably Kyrie.

Bledsoe seems to be a lock in Phoenix, I doubt we would be able to get him, but he's another option.

SG Position:

Really this is just more of a wing player, so we could go with a scoring small forward, but a combo guard won't work. I think our draft pick could possibly get us the player we need here, but it's a stretch.

Stevenson is most likely the best possible FA at this stage and point who would still be under 30 five years from now if we could get him. The only thing is, I'm not sure he ever makes the transition to a dominant player. He would be an adequate roll player with Superstars around him, but that's about it.

Wiggins draft wise would be the obvious choice, but that would have to be a miracle in order for us to pick him up, Free agency would have to play out for us over the next 2 years.

Harrison Barnes is a player I think the Lakers should try to acquire, he won't ever be able to live up to his potential in GS, not with Curry and Thompson on the wings... If we could I would take him over Stevenson.

Center:
This one is tricky because I don't think we would need a typical center at this position but more of a scoring PF, so IMO there is one name only that we should shoot for and that is...

Kevin Love would only be 30 5 years from now and should be at the top of his game. His passing and scoring ability of truly a one of a kind in this game. His rebounding is outstanding although his defense could use some work. He'd be my obvious choice simply because of his LA roots and his approach to the game.

If he wasn't an option we'd have to luck up once again in this years draft to get a player like Emblid, although he could slip very far down the line.

Monroe would be a good second option if we couldn't get Love this year or Emblid in the draft.

So my three would be:
Kyrie Irving + Harrison Barnes + Kevin Love

I know they don't look like much, but I'm trying to be as realistic as possible.
That's a young core that could grow into something special. If we got a good pick over the next 2 years with that group or locked in some of our own FA's to solidify the bench and round out the roster, we could be competitive and fun to watch.
RobbDrop32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject:

PG: Marcus Smart

I'm high on Marcus Smart and I think we could draft him with our pick. I think he is a stud and could be an amazing scoring PG and he is already an established leaderleader. His jumpshot is suspect but he still has good form and he can rebound great for a PG and he causes havoc on defense.

SF: Chandler Parson

Parsons makes more sense now instead of Lance Stephenson because we still have Kobe and Chandler Parsons is a SURE THING. As much as I love Lance, he needs someone like Larry Bird to control him and there isn't anyone on the Lakers that can do so unless Kobe helps out after he retires. I think Chandler is a guy we could pry away from the Rockets and he would be worth it. He can play the 3 or the 4 and he's a decent defender. He is tall and athletic and quicker then most people think. He has a great 3 point shot and he's a good rebounder and passer for his position as well.

PF/C: Greg Monroe

Greg Monroe is not being utilized where he is at. He is a great rebounder, excellent post score and one of the best passing big men in the game. He is a smart, more athletic Zach Randolph. I would keep him at the four and pick up a defensive minded center to protect Monroe's weaknesses. I could see us giving Monroe a 4 year/40-44 million dollar deal and I don't see Detroit matching it because they have Josh Smith and Drummond.

I think this is a realistic three players we could get this year that would be our future. As much as some people want KD or Westbrook or Love, this is what we are realistically looking at.

I would be extremely happy if these are the players we are able to acquire. If we can get all of these guys and resign Pau and put him at center, I think we would easily be back in the playoffs.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Smart
Love
Drummond.

Pipe.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject:

Draft Zach Lavine: 46 inch vert
Keep Kendall Marshall: It was between him and Sacre. They're our only 2 lakers who are under contract that will be playing in 10 years. Only 22 years old.
Sign Ed Davis: Best free agent I'd want to keep for 10 years that is a big. He's a work in progress but he has the necessary 6'10" frame for the power forward position. Only 25 years old.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject:

what ever it takes to get 8 of 10 championships
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject:

I'd be perfectly fine if the Lakers signed Monroe and Lowry (especially if Love moves on), and abandon the 2015 Pipe (while keeping the 2016 Pipe). Then I would probably want them to draft Gordon with Monroe as you'd want a defensive stud next to him.

If any cap is left use it to sign Thabo from OKC. (but it probably won't with Nash on the books).

Lowry/Nash
Thabo
Kobe
Gordon
Monroe

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: