Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject:

We need Nash and Pau right NOW.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Jajwanda wrote:
That's two games under 100 points with Mike D'Antoni while Pau isn't starting.

Pau did start the last game, he didn't finish. They've lost plenty of times when Pau was out also. Lets not pretend like there haven't been some ugly, ugly games when that 3-ball wasn't falling lol

I'm glad Coach Dave just corrected BGJ about that. They scored 51 but they gave up 31. Sounds like biz as usual.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
SHAQ SEZ GAME WAS A: G.O.F.A.W.

I feel dumb but what is G.O.F.A.W.?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Good Old Fashioned A-- Whoopin'
Omar Little

kobe_luver wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Jajwanda
Star Player
Star Player

TDRock wrote:
Jajwanda wrote:

Pau did start the last game, he didn't finish. They've lost plenty of times when Pau was out also. Lets not pretend like there haven't been some ugly, ugly games when that 3-ball wasn't falling lol

I'm glad Coach Dave just corrected BGJ about that. They scored 51 but they gave up 31. Sounds like biz as usual.

I think not having a PG in a number of those games was the reason.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Jajwanda wrote:

Outscoring our opponent by 20 pts in a quarter is biz as usual?? I wish.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Good Old Fashioned A-- Whoopin'

Thanks!! Yes, it was!!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Jajwanda wrote:

Obviously I was referring to giving up a lot of points. Coach Dave's point being that if we hadn't blow up that quarter - which most times we don't - we'd be singing a different song now.

But yeah out scoring our opponents by 20 in a quarter would be LAKERS biz as usual and we will get back there again!

K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
K2 wrote:
where24happens wrote:
Lakers just helped Phil Jackson fire Mike Woodson after the season.

It would be weird if the Knicks somehow end up with a higher pick despite having a better record.

Denver would like that. Phil tanking for his protege Shaw?

Ha, thought they would have lottery-protected that one in the Melo deal. Well, at least the Magic should be pleased with the Denver pick while Shaw will benefit from the NY pick.
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Jajwanda wrote:

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Reading is fundamental, y'all.
zoom K083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Jajwanda wrote:
lakerforever24 wrote:
y r u people happy? this win means we will suck for another 2 years. no more exum

We're happy because certain players on the team are starting to play well over a consistent period. Henry and Bazemore are both young and have played excellent ball.

But why? These guys are playing well in the expense of the lakers future. A majority of these guys are not gonna be here next year because they are playing for long term contracts and it has already been reported that the lakers are not going on a spending spree this summer and waiting till next year.

Now that the odds of getting a franchise player is looking slimmer and slimmer, next year is looking to be worse because Kobe is going to be back and we probably wont suck enough to get a top 5 pick, but not good enough to make the playoffs
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject:

How bad are the Knicks? How bad is the East? If the Lakers were in the East and had the Eastern-Conference weighted schedule, they would probably be battling for the 3 or 4 spot and would be considered contenders. LOL!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject:

zoom K083 wrote:
Jajwanda wrote:
lakerforever24 wrote:
y r u people happy? this win means we will suck for another 2 years. no more exum

We're happy because certain players on the team are starting to play well over a consistent period. Henry and Bazemore are both young and have played excellent ball.

But why? These guys are playing well in the expense of the lakers future. A majority of these guys are not gonna be here next year because they are playing for long term contracts and it has already been reported that the lakers are not going on a spending spree this summer and waiting till next year.

Now that the odds of getting a franchise player is looking slimmer and slimmer, next year is looking to be worse because Kobe is going to be back and we probably wont suck enough to get a top 5 pick, but not good enough to make the playoffs

Why? How do we answer this? I dunno, this is life perhaps? This is the real world? With real people, real situations, scenarios and circumstances. This is not a fantasy league, not a video game. These players are not little children you can manipulate.

Should these guys go out there and play poorly in the name of the Lakers future? Why should they do that? You can't blatantly tank as an organization. You going to tell these guys who are fighting for their careers to go out there and suck? Shut them down with fake injuries and fill the roster with the Defenders? I don't know, I'm open for suggestions.
Jajwanda
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

They can easily afford all of these guys next year except Pau who is starting to show he was the main culprit on D along with the small-ball lineups.
zoom K083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
zoom K083 wrote:
Jajwanda wrote:
lakerforever24 wrote:

Why? How do we answer this? I dunno, this is life perhaps? This is the real world? With real people, real situations, scenarios and circumstances. This is not a fantasy league, not a video game. These players are not little children you can manipulate.

Should these guys go out there and play poorly in the name of the Lakers future? Why should they do that? You can't blatantly tank as an organization. You going to tell these guys who are fighting for their careers to go out there and suck? Shut them down with fake injuries and fill the roster with the Defenders? I don't know, I'm open for suggestions.

Ok let me reword that. good for these guys playing well for their next contract i would never wish guys out of a job. But I am a laker fan first and this sucks for the Lakers.

I would probably a little less upset if we had these guys locked up long term on their amounts, but they are already playing for us for cheap and their is absolutely no way we can pay for these guys and still be buyers for next summer

Kobe and Nash are already taking 35 million
Hill deserves at least 5 million, Asik is getting 8 million and Hill produces more
Swaggy P deserves 5-6 million, Crawford gets paid 5 million
Meeks is gonna get paid at least 4 million, Korver gets paid 5 million
Farmar is probably worth 3 million
And Bazemore and Henry: Probably worth 2 million each
Rookie 7th pick 2.5 million

that is already 59.5, pretty much the entire cap. There is no way Mitch and Jim are going to take the lakers out of the running for kevin love by resigning all these guys. To also mention Kobe wants a change this off season so the much anticipated 2014 offseason is not going to be a repeat of the past off season
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject:

STOP THE WINNING!!!!!
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Nick Young converts on franchise-record fifth four-point play of season

SWAGGY 4

there has ben so many franchise records broken this season

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17
Jump to: