Bazemore down for rest of season....torn tendon in R foot...needs surgery!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject:

Big time black cloud over our beloved Lakers...it can only get better we have hit rock bottom
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject:

Cup-of-noodles wrote:
Big time black cloud over our beloved Lakers...it can only get better we have hit rock bottom

It must be made better! It is two seasons now riddled with injuries. There is a systematic problem somewhere that needs to be addressed. Whether it's the playing style of MDA or Vitti or physical trainers ... the foult must be found and removed. Or we will have more seasons like this.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:

It must be made better! It is two seasons now riddled with injuries. There is a systematic problem somewhere that needs to be addressed.

Totally agreed. This is what I said on Sunday before the clippers game.
Quote:

Of course, we all know that (staying healthy) won't happen under the D'antoni system. Look at all the players who blew a tire going too fast all the time - Lawson, Westbrook, Rose . Under D'antoni, guys break down because they have to go faster than they should. Bazemore looks like he'll be the next casualty. Change of direction at that speed is a matter of time.

I mean how much more proof do you need?
SmokeAndAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
When are we going to figure out that D'Antoni's system is basically the reason for the injuries.

I mean, this has been staring us in the face for quite a while. Certainly some players are injury prone....but in this season, basically every player has gotten hurt in some way and missed time.

It's not the players, it's the uptempo offense...it's running them all into the ground.

Slow it down, use the possession, play defense, and rebound. That's what good basketball is all about. Not this clown offense that Pringles is running.

I call BS. I think letting go of Alex McKechnie was the bigger problem.

I hate the fact that the Lakers let go of McKechnie as much as anyone else, but I call BS on your BS. McKechnie wasn't with the team for the 2011 season and we never had this litany of injuries! Everyone (excluding Kobe who was dinged up all year, and Barnes who had meniscus surgery) made it through that season relatively unscathed. Even Bynum only missed 6 games!!

As outlandish as it seems, I'm convinced D'Antioni's system is at least partially responsible for our injury situation. It's gone beyond just "bad luck" at this point!
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
s_habe wrote:

It must be made better! It is two seasons now riddled with injuries. There is a systematic problem somewhere that needs to be addressed.

Quote:

Of course, we all know that (staying healthy) won't happen under the D'antoni system. Look at all the players who blew a tire going too fast all the time - Lawson, Westbrook, Rose . Under D'antoni, guys break down because they have to go faster than they should. Bazemore looks like he'll be the next casualty. Change of direction at that speed is a matter of time.

saying its MDA's system is silly at best.

mda's system = running. ummmmmmm basketball = running.

the suns were not dropping like flies under mda.

what has happened is you have to many guys to hurt to often which means guys not use to playing major mins all of a sudden are playing major mins. which is too hard on their bodies.

then to boot. the training staff cant keep up when you have this many injuries all at once. 2 guys maybe, 3.. its getting sketchy. 4 or more guys hurt. there's no room for trainers to do rehab while also do preventative stuff. and thats the problem. its the frequency of the injuries that make more happen due to the staff being overwhelmed with rehab only and guys getting mins their bodies are not prepared for.

put it this way. you do realize K.lenard for the spurs is a solid role guy. but you do realize he works out harder then the 8th man on the team. thats because KL knows he will get a lot of playing time and his body has to be ready for that. from playing thru it. he now knows what it takes to prepare for those mins. these young guys have no clue what kind of offseason and during the season regimen they need to be on to prepare their bodies for 30+ mins or even 25+ . when you just went from 5 to 10 mins per game.

but since the above doesnt fit the "i hate mda" agenda. then no one will listen to reason.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject:

Worst season ever. Its official
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject:

Unbelievable
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject:

@post

having "Reason" is the best way to be heard. And I hear ya. workouts in the offseason in theory will help prevent injuries.

What's not reasonable? a staff neglecting to take care of all its patients because they're overworked. What are we talking about here? 5 patients vs a staff of how many? Does the staff have to see their patients 24/7- bath them, brush their teeth too? preventing injuries is more an offseason regiment- as you mentioned Leonard. pinning this on the staff means they weren't doing their job in the offseason when they're "off." okay. talk about silly.

Quote:

Phil's system = slowing it down = ummmm basketball = not "running" = ummmm championships.

Quote:

dodged a bullet in Phoenix. got shot in NY. got shot in LA. Go ahead make his day. He dodged a bullet once.

Quote:
what has happened is you have to many guys to hurt to often which means guys not use to playing major mins all of a sudden are playing major mins. which is too hard on their bodies.

by the same token - so necessarily all players coming out of college will immediately have injuries after 20-30 games??? So what about the starters who've logged in heavy minutes all their lives getting hurt while playing under D'antoni.
Dondre
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject:

I feel bad for this guy. I wonder what the odds of him returning to the Lakers are now?
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject:

"It's an overuse injury," Bazemore said on Sunday. "From going from playing six minutes to 35 minutes [per game]. It's no one's fault. It's just the penalty for working hard, playing a lot of minutes. It just happens."

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/39539/bazemore-foot-to-have-season-ending-surgery
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
DimesnD wrote:
s_habe wrote:

Quote:

saying its MDA's system is silly at best.

then to boot. the training staff cant keep up when you have this many injuries all at once. 2 guys maybe, 3.. its getting sketchy. 4 or more guys hurt. there's no room for trainers to do rehab while also do preventative stuff. and thats the problem. its the frequency of the injuries that make more happen due to the staff being overwhelmed with rehab only and guys getting mins their bodies are not prepared for.

put it this way. you do realize K.lenard for the spurs is a solid role guy. but you do realize he works out harder then the 8th man on the team. thats because KL knows he will get a lot of playing time and his body has to be ready for that. from playing thru it. he now knows what it takes to prepare for those mins. these young guys have no clue what kind of offseason and during the season regimen they need to be on to prepare their bodies for 30+ mins or even 25+ . when you just went from 5 to 10 mins per game.

but since the above doesnt fit the "i hate mda" agenda. then no one will listen to reason.

agreed man. not Dantoni's fault
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Can someone please enlighten me ; to if all "Tendon" tears are maybe more serious than Ligament tears? like, is it possible could he could not recover to what he once was? are all Tendon tears soooo serious? like if Kobe's was a 10 on the serious scale, maybe Bazemore's is a 8?

want him to come back strong..
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject:

It depends on the tendon really. Tendons in general don't heal very well, and most require surgery, depending on the extent of the tear. The tendon in the achilles is very integral as it is a tendon that requires great strength and flexibility to function properly. It healing properly is the difference between kobe walking with or without a limp for the rest of his life.

Tendons in the foot are a painful injury, and can also affect the way you walk, but to a more limited degree than the achilles. I'm not really familiar with Bazemores injury, but there is less concern over his ability to recover fully from it.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
It depends on the tendon really. Tendons in general don't heal very well, and most require surgery, depending on the extent of the tear. The tendon in the achilles is very integral as it is a tendon that requires great strength and flexibility to function properly. It healing properly is the difference between kobe walking with or without a limp for the rest of his life.

Tendons in the foot are a painful injury, and can also affect the way you walk, but to a more limited degree than the achilles. I'm not really familiar with Bazemores injury, but there is less concern over his ability to recover fully from it.

damn at that. good info overall in here sir thanks.
i just want him to be the athlete he was! i think he's got alot of potential
The Laker Link 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject:

Lowry
Kobe
Stephenson
Monroe
Pau
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject:

The Laker Link 2.0 wrote:

Lowry
Kobe
Stephenson
Monroe
Pau

Stephenson isn't coming, he wants to stay with the Pacers. Pau by all accounts wants out of there.. Monroe, maybe.. .what which "Kobe" are we getting back? Lowry isn't coming here, Toronto will not let him go after that playoff performance...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
The Laker Link 2.0 wrote:

Lowry
Kobe
Stephenson
Monroe
Pau

Stephenson isn't coming, he wants to stay with the Pacers. Pau by all accounts wants out of there.. Monroe, maybe.. .what which "Kobe" are we getting back? Lowry isn't coming here, Toronto will not let him go after that playoff performance...

Re: Lance, of course he "said" that. Players tend to do that right after they lose a playoffs series.

But Bird/Pacers have also come out and said they aren't spending above luxury tax line. And paying Lance his market value would do so. So there's a decent chance he leaves, particularly after his teammates all threw him under the bus.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject:

Plus it seems the other Pacer players want Lance gone.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject:

I can't see the Pacers letting Stephenson go, they didn't play Turner, and unless they think they have another SF out there they can get. Now if they can get their hands on GS Iggy, then I could see that happening.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: