Mike D'Antoni's Monstrous Season

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Joker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Mike D'Antoni's Monstrous Season

Absolutely incredible! It's like Kobe/Jordan/Wiltesque streaks being put out there. 130+ 9 games, 3 140+, and breaking his own franchise record of 143(set this year by the way) tonight! I would put it on par with Bryant's 4 straight 50+/9 straight 40+. He can't be stopped, what a force.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Offensive genius

mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I can recall genius being used by several posters here when mike antoni has been discussed. No, seriously.
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

The guy is all about records. He just breaks them like nothing.
Ok, not in the good way, but still, he is a HOF worthy for that
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject:

145 pts, not even 76ers or Bucks can top it. Amazing
JosephFerano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Why are threads like these still popping up? This is ridiculous. Did any of you actually see what our roster was tonight? Do any of you even realize how respected D'Antoni is in coaching circles? The dude was one of the main developers of Horns, one of the most widely used offenses in the NBA. A lot of the way the NBA is played nowadays is because of his impact on the game of basketball. Forget about his accomplishments or lack there of in the NBA, he's going to be a hall of famer.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject:

JosephFerano wrote:
Why are threads like these still popping up? This is ridiculous. Did any of you actually see what our roster was tonight? Do any of you even realize how respected D'Antoni is in coaching circles? The dude was one of the main developers of Horns, one of the most widely used offenses in the NBA. A lot of the way the NBA is played nowadays is because of his impact on the game of basketball. Forget about his accomplishments or lack there of in the NBA, he's going to be a hall of famer.

The way this team play defense, the "taco mark" should be raised to 130 points.

I´m serious, it´s that patetic
JosephFerano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
JosephFerano wrote:

And how is this D'Antoni's fault? Please tell me. And don't you dare say something that's been regurgitated a million times like "he doesn't teach defense" or "he's an offensive coach". Really, tell me, since everyone here knows so much about basketball, what is wrong with his defensive schemes.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject:

JosephFerano wrote:
nash wrote:
JosephFerano wrote:

And how is this D'Antoni's fault? Please tell me. And don't you dare say something that's been regurgitated a million times like "he doesn't teach defense" or "he's an offensive coach". Really, tell me, since everyone here knows so much about basketball, what is wrong with his defensive schemes.

They doesn´t exist, plain simple
lalakersfan88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject:

JosephFerano wrote:
nash wrote:
JosephFerano wrote:

exactly! I don't see how it is MDA's fault. With the current healthy players the Lakers have, they pretty much have over achieved this season. Allowing 145 points to the Rockets tonight is not because MDA told the players not to play defense, it's because the players didn't try to play defense.

when the lakers won against portland or okc a few weeks back, there were no complaints to mda...some lakers fan are very hypocritical!
JosephFerano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
JosephFerano wrote:
nash wrote:
JosephFerano wrote:

They doesn´t exist, plain symple

Wrong. Completely wrong. Amazingly wrong. You regurgitate what BSPN and LGers spew every day. He has defensive schemes. Go look em up before you say such things.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject:

lalakersfan88 wrote:
JosephFerano wrote:
nash wrote:
JosephFerano wrote:

exactly! I don't see how it is MDA's fault. With the current healthy players the Lakers have, they pretty much have over achieved this season. Allowing 145 points to the Rockets tonight is not because MDA told the players not to play defense, it's because the players didn't try to play defense.

when the lakers won against portland or okc a few weeks back, there were no complaints to mda...some lakers fan are very hypocritical!

Nah, those fans are right. We should totally be able to play good defense with a squad of Kelly, Sacre, Nick, Farmar, Meeks, Brooks, Marshall etc (the latter half are more concerned about scoring than defending at this point too). Pfffttt.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Yeah it's crazy. We have all these fantastic DPOY level players and we're one of the worst defensive teams out there.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject:

56 wrote:
Yeah it's crazy. We have all these fantastic DPOY level players and we're one of the worst defensive teams out there.

Ah I see, because when MDA actually had literal DPOY players, his teams played good defense.

Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Meeks can totally lock up James Harden but Antoni won't let him cos he coaches no D hence I removed the D from his name.

Hope I'm doing it right guys

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject:

I was ready for him to install the 7 seconds or less offense, I didn't realize it also applied to giving teams wide open looks in 7 seconds or less.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Not only do we need to fire Mike D'antoni we need to make as many threads as possible that subject around firing Mike D'antoni

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Sccit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject:

JORDAN HILL IS A GOOD DEFENDER
WES JOHNSON IS A GOOD DEFENDER
JORDAN FARMAR AND JODIE MEEKS HAVE LAPSES, BUT PLAY SOLID D OVERALL

MEANWHILE, MARSHON BROOKS, OUR MOST EFFICIENT SCORER GETS 6 MINUTES OF PLAYING TIME.

DO YOU THINK IF GREG POPOVICH COACHED THIS ROSTER WE'D BE GIVING UP 145 POINTS? IF YOU ANSWERED NO, YOU WIN.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Sccit wrote:
JORDAN HILL IS A GOOD DEFENDER
WES JOHNSON IS A GOOD DEFENDER
JORDAN FARMAR AND JODIE MEEKS HAVE LAPSES, BUT PLAY SOLID D OVERALL

MEANWHILE, MARSHON BROOKS, OUR MOST EFFICIENT SCORER GETS 6 MINUTES OF PLAYING TIME.

DO YOU THINK IF GREG POPOVICH COACHED THIS ROSTER WE'D BE GIVING UP 145 POINTS? IF YOU ANSWERED NO, YOU WIN.

Yes! Ive never won anything before
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject:

I heard all i needed to hear about D'Antoni last year when Kobe said once they ignored D'antoni's system and did their own things and they made a nice run at the end of last year.

It tells me they didnt respect what he was trying to coach. Regardless of whoever think's he's a great coach or a bad coach or whatever. When your team says screw coaches plan lets do our own. There is a big big big big issue.
havoc33
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject:

JosephFerano wrote:

There's been a lot of (bleep) NBA rosters over the years, but none of them have given up the kind of numbers the Lakers have been doing this year. Teams are shattering records against us, and you don't think it has ANYTHING to do with Antoni's coaching style and preferred roster makeup? You're delusional.
havoc33
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
I heard all i needed to hear about D'Antoni last year when Kobe said once they ignored D'antoni's system and did their own things and they made a nice run at the end of last year.

It tells me they didnt respect what he was trying to coach. Regardless of whoever think's he's a great coach or a bad coach or whatever. When your team says screw coaches plan lets do our own. There is a big big big big issue.

Antoni lost the locker room almost immediately after he came here. His comments about the post up being the least effective play in basketball didn't exactly sit well with our core players, especially since we had Kobe, Gasol AND Howard at that point. It says it all really that the Lakers started winning once they had a players only meeting and decided to ditch Antoni's system and go back to basics. The guy is a joke.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject:

Worst defensive teams in the league give up approximately 110 ppg. We give up 130-145 points weekly. Our roster isn't thaaaat bad. 115 points allowed is bad. 120 is horrible. This is a consequence of a 7 seconds or less offense.

Pace matters! Sure this roster should lose more than they should win. But not like this. 130 points should be enough to win a game.

It's common sense. If you have the less talented team in a game. Slow down the pace. Create fewer possessions. Give less opportunities (plays) to allow the better team to show their merit.

If MDA did this we wouldn't have the worst LA lakers record ever. He isn't the only coach the lakers have had in the last 50 years who has had to deal with injuries.

Also, MDA complaining we don't have enough talent is hypocritical. MDA has alienated our 2nd best player (Pau) several times. Also he has failed to mesh his system to accommodate kobe adequately. His system was abandoned by his elite players this and last year.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject:

The MDA jocks need to quit it. Not even, NOT EVEN when we had Smush Parker and Kwame Brown playing for us did we give up this much point. We had Rudy the drunk as our coach for goodness sakes!!!!! Sure, the team was down to 9 players, but they had no business giving up 145 points!!!! There are 5 players on that floor, they can play defense!!!!!! Sheesh.

One thing i took away from this game though, is the Rockets will not last in the playoffs without Dwight. They play no defense either.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject:

JosephFerano wrote:
nash wrote:
JosephFerano wrote:

It's his fault because he's the (bleep) head coach.

Who else is more responsible? Get real.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: