Rex Chapman says John Calipari to the Lakers is a "done deal". (Mitch says its not true p.4)(Calipari denies it p.8)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject:

I do like Pringles but he coaches no D.

I hope they get one or the other college coach, I think it would be great, we might get lucky and get a superstar to come here.

Right now no one wants to come here.

K Love has made comments of us which is not a good sign.

Lebron won't, we have nothing and no history with us. (meaning recent) Because it is all about what have you done now!

KD, you better have you ducks in a roll to land this one, for even to consider us.

There really is light at the end of this tunnel if Mitch and company make the right decision.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject:

Interestingly... John Calipari might go "one and done" in his latest attempt at the NBA.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
I'm more interested in Calipari's coaching philosophies, than his resume. I don't watch college ball, but I'm interested to know which NBA coach is comparable to Calipari's style of coaching? I'm hoping someone says Phil Jackson, or Pop.

He has a combination of Riley and Phil attitude wise. Tends to coach a bit like Phil, at least in practice. Gets the team going on the offense, which he uses to teach the defense without telling them, and uses film to break down their image of themselves and what they do, works them into a collective. Very well liked, has a bit of that us and them edge.

Sounds like someone we need. I hope the rumors are true and he does come here.
pd23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject:

Do you think Calipari is tired of the NCAA and wants to leave. He has some hars words in his new book that is about to come out.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10760355/kentucky-wildcats-coach-john-calipari-likens-ncaa-dying-soviet-union-new-book

Quote:
In his new book, Kentucky coach John Calipari likens the NCAA to the dying Soviet Union and admonishes college sports' governing body for not changing with the times, according to a report.

"The situation reminds me a little of the Soviet Union in its last years. It was still powerful. It could still hurt you. But you could see it crumbling, and it was just a matter of time before it either changed or ceased to exist," Calipari writes in his book, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal.

The outspoken coach has numerous ideas as to how to reform the college experience from the athlete's standpoint, but he says his suggestions have fallen on deaf ears from the NCAA.

"I think we could have gotten somewhere with me as the point man, but the NCAA was not interested in my help," Calipari said, according to the WSJ. "The message I got, between the lines, was, 'No, not you. Not Calipari. We don't want him involved.'"
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject:

Calipari, being older and wiser than his last stint in the NBA, may do well this time around. He definitely knows how mesh different pieces into a team and I think, unlike D'antoni, would be flexible as far as running a system to fit his players rather than try to squeeze his players into a system that doesn't fit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17
Jump to: