OFFICIAL STEVE NASH Injury/Retirement Discussion (Update: pg 59)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
.. The Suns should trade the Morris twins to LA for Steve Nash
so he can have an official farewell tour & retire with dignity....

pass me the pipe bro

I guess my humor is unappreciated;
I was kinda expecting a good chuckle or two ..... no thanks on the pipe though.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
So he will stay injured all season next year just collectin them checks?

Looks that way.

Another year away from the injury. Hopefully he can stay healthy
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject:

So basically we get Nash/Marshall combo next year for a low low price of $10,616,243.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject:

mnstrdnk wrote:
So basically we get Nash/Marshall combo next year for a low low price of $10,616,243.

SLOW & SLOWER
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

It's probably not too much of a stretch to assume Nash won't play next year, making his contract similar to Okafor's this year.

As a non-taxpaying team, LA can take back up to $14.6 million for Nash's $9.7 contract (perhaps more if there's a trade kicker element). Plus, if Nash doesn't play, the roster he's on gets 80% back in insurance after the 41st game out due to injury. That clock started after Nash's last game. A bit lazy to do the math, but if seems like around a $3.5 million savings to a team that trades for Nash by Christmas (plus up to another $5 million in cap room and or savings).

Larry's CBA FAQ #72
Quote:
If an insured player is disabled, there is a 41 game waiting period, after which the insurance company pays 80% of the guaranteed portion of the player's remaining base salary, up to $175,000 per regular season game. The waiting period can span seasons, and the player even can attempt to come back -- if he does and finds that he is unable to play, the 41-game count resumes (as long as he stopped playing due to the same injury).

There's a chance that could be attractive to some team, say for example Denver who is near the tax line (after their lotto pick) with a non-playoff team (maybe Wilson Chandler+)....or perhaps Milwaukee (who may be sold soon) who might offer a high 2nd round pick to get out of Mayo's deal. Just some thoughts....
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
It's probably not too much of a stretch to assume Nash won't play next year, making his contract similar to Okafor's this year.

As a non-taxpaying team, LA can take back up to $14.6 million for Nash's $9.7 contract (perhaps more if there's a trade kicker element). Plus, if Nash doesn't play, the roster he's on gets 80% back in insurance after the 41st game out due to injury. That clock started after Nash's last game. A bit lazy to do the math, but if seems like around a $3.5 million savings to a team that trades for Nash by Christmas (plus up to another $5 million in cap room and or savings).

Larry's CBA FAQ #72
Quote:
If an insured player is disabled, there is a 41 game waiting period, after which the insurance company pays 80% of the guaranteed portion of the player's remaining base salary, up to $175,000 per regular season game. The waiting period can span seasons, and the player even can attempt to come back -- if he does and finds that he is unable to play, the 41-game count resumes (as long as he stopped playing due to the same injury).

There's a chance that could be attractive to some team, say for example Denver who is near the tax line (after their lotto pick) with a non-playoff team (maybe Wilson Chandler+)....or perhaps Milwaukee (who may be sold soon) who might offer a high 2nd round pick to get out of Mayo's deal. Just some thoughts....

I'd bet that Nash is going to try his darndest to play as often as he could next year.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject:

https://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/19/nash-to-nowitzki-what-would-you-do-if-you-were-me-would-you-come-back-dirk-im-not-sure-bro-video/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

“What would you do if you were me,” Nash asks Nowitzki. “Would you come back?”

“I’m not sure, bro,” Nowitzki says, after clearly struggling for a moment with his answer. “I’m honest. What you go through, all that treatment, in and out [of the lineup]. I don’t know if I could do it.”
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject:

If we draft Exum I'd like to keep Nash as a mentor. Having a second round pick is great, but I think people undervalue veteran leadership. I don't think George and Stephenson don't pan out as well as they did without Bird, Vogel, Shaw, and Granger. Having the number one guy pan out is more important than finding another Ryan Kelly/Sacre type contributor.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60
Page 60 of 60
Jump to: