OFFICIAL NICK YOUNG THREAD....He signed for 1 year with GSW....Goodbye Swaggy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject:

mixtim wrote:
oh my God,such a cruel day when Nick Swaggy (bleep) Young,the man who erased Michael Jordan off all the records book,the player who makes Kobe Bryant look like a journeyman,will bolt
We are screwed for eternity then

Keep praising this losing clown,keep praising him

When a player on your team has a career night after saying that playing for the Lakers means enough to him that he would like to re-sign even if it means taking less money and your reaction is to call him a losing clown and conclude that his great performance is evidence of being eternally screwed...well, you might just benefit from a paradigm shift.
Players play to win, and although the organization could benefit from a few more ping-pong balls, you have to have respect for the very essence of the game: buckets. Dude had a great night. Give props or don't, but don't hate the player for playing well.
Swaggy P, indeed.

That said, let's all back away from labels and namecalling. The season has almost reached its end and it would be a shame if anyone here didn't make it through to see the end.
KB24DB
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:

He played great, but this was an awful time to do so. Wish the team cared more about their draft position.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject:

KB24DB wrote:
He played great, but this was an awful time to do so. Wish the team cared more about their draft position.

The front office cares plenty, but to suggest that the players should purposely throw games is not just asinine, it's criminal.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject:

6th man of the year.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
6th man of the year.

I doubt he'll get it this year, but it would sure be sweet if he gets it next.
For the Lakers, of course.
Twenty4
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Had a great individual season. 17.5ppg on 43% and 38% from 3. Had a true shooting percentage of 55.6 which is pretty efficient and near Kobe levels. Next step is working on that measly rebounding and play making (2.5r and 1.5apg)
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject:

get this (bleep) off this team
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
msb212 wrote:
mixtim wrote:
oh my God,such a cruel day when Nick Swaggy (bleep) Young,the man who erased Michael Jordan off all the records book,the player who makes Kobe Bryant look like a journeyman,will bolt
We are screwed for eternity then

Keep praising this losing clown,keep praising him

You sound like a clipper fan. just pathetic.

You don't EVER EVER EVER root for your team to lose. It angers the basketball gods and then you're really screwed.

I've been watching you tweet all kinds of nonsense. Begging for torn ACLs and other crap.

You're asking for something awful to happen in your life.

The basketball gods already disowned us for firing all those people before the lockout. NOTHING has gone right since that point in time.

Completely agree. That was a sad day and a betrayal of what the Lakers are supposed to stand for. It was a clipper move.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

It seems that your displeasure for the team's performance has, in this case, been focused on the player least deserving of it. It's one thing to voice your opinion in a manner that embarasses yourself, but when you do so and use foul languge I am obligated to intervene.

Perhaps you can take solace in the fact that the season will be over before you return.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject:

People on this board are funny

1) There is no Tim Duncan in this draft, there are a lot of potential stars, but not a lock like TD was when he came out
2) In all likelihood anyone picking 1-6 is going to get a contributing NBA player, a championship team needs solid players along with megastars, the option will always be there for the lakers to land a FA megastar in any given year
3) No one at this point has any idea where we will actually be drafting
4) For all we know the Lakers may flip the pick in a trade

Relax, our team which has been beat down all season had a chance to win and they took it, we're the Lakers not the Cavs, Celtics, or 76ers
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject:

So, should we keep Swaggy P? I wouldn't mind for the right price.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject:

I think Nick has been great, it won't be surprising if him along with some of our other players who played well this year are out of our price range, but in an otherwise dismal season Swaggy P was a bright spot
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject:

It would be stupid not to keep Nick.

Players like him don't just grow on trees. He can spot up shoot. He can dance and shoot. He can drive.

He is worth ~5m a year. The Lakers need to make changes but swaggy p is not one of the changes. Plus u need to keep assets for trades. You can't just always have untradable max salary players and a bunch of merry minimums.

Keep peanut butter and jelly. U got your bench and insurance for injuries.

Plus why would he be out of our price range??? We have his bird rights don't we? Who else we gonna sign to fill out the roster besides a single big name. Hell if nothing else pans out you can pay Nick a big one year salary and keep him and your flexibility for the following year.

Last edited by kfkilla on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject:

I'd prefer if we had a better draft position, but I'm not going to hate on Nick. He played really well this year and I hope he re-signs for a price that will allow Mitch to work his magic. With his ability to light it up as a sixth man, Nick could be a very important piece for us as we get back to contender status.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject:

Not sure how reasonable it is to ask Nick Young to basically play poorly (hurting his own free agency stock) and help the team possibly draft his cheaper and younger replacement.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

While the guy has frustrated me, at times, beyond belief with his ball-stopping antics ... he can do something that not many non-superstar-level NBA players can better than most: consistently create and make his own shot.

I heard Mychal Thompson say quite simply (about 1/3 through the season) that Nick can score but that he just flat-out couldn't play with SwaggyP. I see why ... MT played with Magic.

But, for the right price? Absolutley, IMHO.

He celebrates too much for my liking most of the time, doesn't seem to be filled with that intangible Laker-ness, but the guy truly respects/loves the organization and gave his heart out there, every minute ... he showed a passion and care that few other Lakers did.

In the right situation, the guy can be a killer off the bench. And, given his potential role backing up Kobe ... that would appear to be the perfect fit for him and the organization.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

While the guy has frustrated me, at times, beyond belief with his ball-stopping antics ... he can do something that not many non-superstar-level NBA players can better than most: consistently create and make his own shot.

I heard Mychal Thompson say quite simply (about 1/3 through the season) that Nick can score but that he just flat-out couldn't play with SwaggyP. I see why ... MT played with Magic.

But, for the right price? Absolutley, IMHO.

He celebrates too much for my liking most of the time, doesn't seem to be filled with that intangible Laker-ness, but the guy truly respects/loves the organization and gave his heart out there, every minute ... he showed a passion and care that few other Lakers did.

In the right situation, the guy can be a killer off the bench. And, given his potential role backing up Kobe ... that would appear to be the perfect fit for him and the organization.

Yeah. If Kobe gets hurt again next season, we do need a player capable of 20 ppg to fill his shoes. That's Nick. He doesn't do a lot of other things that Kobe does, but scoring is one are he can help. Hope we can find a good deal with him. You can tell he really wants to be a Laker, but I don't fault him if he bolts for more $.
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject:

I think FO will keep Nick and use him as a trade asset later down the line. Which would be nice.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject:

Over a larger body of work, he's just an empty stats guy. To maximize his ability, he should only be playing around 20 min a game on a good or great team. Anything more and he has the high potential to chuck a good team out of a win especially since he contributes little else to the game besides his scoring. This is why he's only worth keeping for under $3M.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject:

I really don't see what you guys see. I see a guy who pretty much has only one skill set - streaky shooting. He'll get 40+ points and 3 assists?

He doesn't set up his teammates well. He doesn't play defense. Many times, he makes the wrong basketball play. His like able personality, I think makes him much more appealing than other "selfish guys or scorers"

He has one skill and when he's off he keeps shooting us out of games. I think Jodie has that same scoring ability but he sets up his teammates and moves the ball well. Plus he works much harder than Young. I'd much rather keep Jodie than Nick Young.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Gameplan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Nick Young is the man! Thank you for not tanking and representing the Lakers with some class and dignity!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject:

I don't think they can break the bank for him due to their desires to chase a superstar in free agency. But if he's willing to take a reasonable contract I'd be happy to see him back in the purple and gold.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Given the age of Kobe and unknown production from him after the recovery, Nick could turn out to be a better player of these two already next season (since Kobe did not play this year, Nick was better this year).

Much cheaper at the same time.

Given that the task of both is to be an unforgiving scoring threat, I see Nick as a good replacement or an excellent backup to Kobe.

Definitely a keeper.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Stay Nick Young

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/files/2014/06/Nick-Young.jpg

Fallen on hard times over here
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 25 of 83
Jump to: