Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject:

^ SWEET!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Saw it IMAX tonight. Wayyyy better than the 1st, and very good overall. Why is Chris Evans tapping out after the 3rd? Directing? F that man. Btw anyone see Raid 2 yet?
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Chemistry?!?! I must've been watching a different movie.

Agree with this. Matter of fact, I don't think Scarlett Johansson had chemistry with anyone in this movie. She was easily the worst part of the movie for me.

Come to think about, I haven't liked her in any of these Marvel films. Hope her character gets killed off.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject:

I found the chemistry between Evan's Cap and Scarlet's Widow refreshing in this film.

They were better than say Hemsworth and Portman, or Cavill and Adams, or even Bale and Hathaway, and I'm a big DC/TDK trilogy guy.

Cap and Widow were literally complete opposites in everything and they play it off each other well. This film really brought out another side to Widow that we know she has a sense of humor inside that killer mind.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject:

She does nothing for me. I think I'd rather it be Agent 13 or Maria Hill. Not because I find them super interesting, I just think Widow is all kinds of bad. I just don't buy Scarlett Johansson as a badass, and her character has had some cringeworthy moments in the films she has been in. Even though she is supposed to be this badass, she has absolutely no imposing presence. And every time they try to go deeper into her character, the more cringeworthy her scenes become. Just kick stuff and stop talking.

While Scarlett Johansson is not exactly bad to look at, I'm watching a movie and would like to see an actual character. "Watch my ass as I bend over in my leather outfit and press a button on this keyboard. My eyes aren't too good, that's why I needed to bend this far over, to really get a good look at the screen".

Just look at this poster, sums everything up about her character.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Her sexuality is an essential part of her character in the comics. She started out as a seductress actually. She lures you in for the kill hence the code name "Black Widow", exactly as her namesake. Catwoman uses her sexuality to burglarize, Widow uses it to assassinate.

Which is also why I thought Scarlett was the perfect casting choice instead of Emily Blunt who then was rumored.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Saw it. Pretty good. Way better than Thor 2.

!...
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
She does nothing for me. I think I'd rather it be Agent 13 or Maria Hill. Not because I find them super interesting, I just think Widow is all kinds of bad. I just don't buy Scarlett Johansson as a badass, and her character has had some cringeworthy moments in the films she has been in. Even though she is supposed to be this badass, she has absolutely no imposing presence. And every time they try to go deeper into her character, the more cringeworthy her scenes become. Just kick stuff and stop talking.

While Scarlett Johansson is not exactly bad to look at, I'm watching a movie and would like to see an actual character. "Watch my ass as I bend over in my leather outfit and press a button on this keyboard. My eyes aren't too good, that's why I needed to bend this far over, to really get a good look at the screen".

Do you even read comic books?

Plus I mean really we are complaining about Scarlett bending over? lol!!! Never thought I'd see that.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject:

Although I'd have to agree about the fight choreography. It's really no different than the usual quick cut,shaky cam stuff we've since the Borne movies came out.

!...
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Although I'd have to agree about the fight choreography. It's really no different than the usual quick cut,shaky cam stuff we've since the Borne movies came out.

While I sorta agree with some quick cuts and shaky cam work I still think the fight choreography is much much better and fits Cap really well. Moves like you always imagine he would.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject:

So were there any clues at the end of Avengers to how Hydra could have ended up with Loki's staff.
Cap's Elbow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
So were there any clues at the end of Avengers to how Hydra could have ended up with Loki's staff.

On the bluray there was a short with SHIELD agents trying to recover a stolen Chitauri gun. SHIELD were tasked with cleaning up all the alien items from the attack.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

Kobeskillz wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

Plus I mean really we are complaining about Scarlett bending over? lol!!! Never thought I'd see that.

No I don't, is she a terrible character in there as well?
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

No I don't, is she a terrible character in there as well?

The sexiest.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject:

Finally saw this movie and it was great! Great action through and through. I was impressed. The first Captain America movie was just ok but this one made up for it big time in my eyes.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
C M B wrote:
<shrug>

Didn't think people would take movie criticism so personally. My mistake, ladies.

Lol, "Criticism" says the obvious hater from the very beginning once the trailer hit.

C M B wrote:
Wow this trailer looks terrible.

C M B wrote:
Felt pretty empty just like the other two post-Avengers Avenger solos. Too much Sam Jackson. Too many overused tropes: ANOTHER doomsday countdown clock, ANOTHER "Who am I?" identity recovery. 5/10

C M B wrote:
Fight choreography? You mean a guy throwing one punch and the director yelling "CUT!" x100.

C M B wrote:
That's something, but really nothing. It's only really competing with TDK and TDKR, the only other Super movies in which the heroes are doing any standardized fist fighting. It's like saying "April Box Office Record" when the previous record holder was Fast (bleep) Five.

C M B wrote:

We get you. You're that 5% who don't care for it unlike the other 95%. Just stop trying too much.

I think I've rarely agreed with CMB but I think his criticisms on WS are definitely valid. I agree with the whole-lot-of-Sam-Jackson take, for instance, and I enjoyed the film.

It's just a movie, man ... we cool.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
C M B wrote:

Agree with this. Matter of fact, I don't think Scarlett Johansson had chemistry with anyone in this movie. She was easily the worst part of the movie for me.

Come to think about, I haven't liked her in any of these Marvel films. Hope her character gets killed off.

Used to love Scarlett but I have to agree with this.

And, again, I enjoyed the film ... even if most of it was just because I was expecting it to reek as bad as almost all the Marvel sequels, to date.

Last edited by Gimme_the_rock on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
Her sexuality is an essential part of her character in the comics. She started out as a seductress actually. She lures you in for the kill hence the code name "Black Widow", exactly as her namesake. Catwoman uses her sexuality to burglarize, Widow uses it to assassinate.

Which is also why I thought Scarlett was the perfect casting choice instead of Emily Blunt who then was rumored.

Yeah ... but she's missing the badass, cold-blooded espionage streak that they keep having to remind us that she is instead of her convincing us the first time, for good.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject:

Good movie, better than most of the marvel remakes. Iron Man 2 was okay, but CA2 was better than the first film.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Captain-America-3-May-Feature-Way-More-Marvel-Heroes-Than-We-Thought-66918.html

Quote:
Will 'Captain America 3' Set Up 'Secret Wars'?

When Anthony and Joe Russo started plotting Captain America: The Winter Soldier, they knew that they wanted to bring a few Avengers along for the ride.

Today, a rumor circulated that Hawkeye might find his way into Captain America 3 when that movie reaches theaters in May 2016.

But Joe and Anthony Russo told me, personally, not to stop there.

Jeremy Renner got the ball rolling, telling Collider that he’d heard "rumblings" of a beefed-up role in Captain America 3. Seeing as how Joss Whedon’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron hasn’t yet played it cards, it would be early for the Russos to reveal what they had in store. But still, I had them on the phone this afternoon, and asked them which Avengers they would like to have at their disposal for a Black Widow-sized role.

"That’s such a hard question because we’ve kind of already done that," Joe Russo told me, saying they already built characters into their screenplay. "Do they have to be under contract with Marvel? Maybe they are at another studio."

Oh. Intriguing. Wait one second. Could Marvel be pulling some strings behind the scenes to get THIS guy back under the Marvel umbrella?

OK, that’s a stretch. Spider-Man is still sequestered at Sony, and that studio isn’t likely to let him go any time soon. But Joe Russo’s comments on the matter of a team up for Captain America 3 got me very excited about the possibilities. He told me:

Listen, when I started collecting, The Secret Wars was one of the first books I ever bought, so that’s always been an obsession of mine to see something of that scale done – a crossover. I don’t know if that would ever be possible, with all the different situations at the studios. But I would love to see a lot of characters on screen together."

Name-dropping The Secret Wars? That’s one sure-fire way to get a LOT of comic-book geeks fired up for your sequel. If you haven’t read the Secret Wars storyline, it involved basically every major hero in the Marvel universe being transported to a distant planet to fight every villain in the Marvel universe. It was epic. And if the Russos are going that route, you better plan to see a lot more than Hawkeye in Captain America 3, whatever the sequel ends up being subtitled.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Secret Wars would be quite a feat if they can pull it off, still remember heading down to the store to pick up many of the cross-over issues back in the day.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:

The infinity gauntlet thing got crazy in the end, all the deities in the universe easily got wiped out by it. But these movie writers know what they are doing. One of my favorite characters was galactus but he was just some fuzzy cloud in the horrible FF4 movie.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject:

I guess if you'rea filmstudio the mindset is you have to try and go bigger than Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. And Secret Wars or Civil War would do just that. I'm just not sure they go that route... it depends how the Ultron story plays out.

I have read that the team may get split in half. With new additions such as : Falcon, War Machine, Ant-Man, Doc Strange, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision and possibly Winter Soldier--- that is A LOT of characters to juggle in one film. And that's not including the original members or the Guardians otG.

I'd like to see them take on Kang the Conqueror... but the way the Ultron movie is shaping up that might seem a bit redundant.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

Not sure how they address Secret Wars without X-Men, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four.

Then again, this could all be a ruse and all of the storylines are really meant to lead up to the Contest of Champions, which would make more sense within the context of the original storyline involving the Elders.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Yikes big news today
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14
Jump to: