Official [FREE AGENCY] Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
I think we give Pau 3 years 24 mil. $10-8-6 on a declining scale. Should leave us enough for Love next summer and Durant or LBJ the following summer. I doubt he gets more money elsewhere.

Is that possible to frontload Pau? Are there restrictions in the CBA?

I know you can frontload but I don't think you can have declining salaries.

Maybe a 2 yr $20M deal with $15M next year and $5M after.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Reliable?

Quote:

Melo said if the plan is to build for 2015 he can't be a part of another losing season.

— Steve Popper (@StevePopper) April 17, 2014

reliable. but Melo is going to the Bulls if he leaves the Knicks
Fishlakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
I think we give Pau 3 years 24 mil. $10-8-6 on a declining scale. Should leave us enough for Love next summer and Durant or LBJ the following summer. I doubt he gets more money elsewhere.

I like this idea if the numbers pencil out for adding Love and Durant the year after that as well. I'm not sold on giving Stephenson 10 million a year for a player who is shaky mentally, and a guy who seems to be over weight which with bad eating habits could ruin his athleticism within a year or two from now. I like Stepheson but not at that price.
Game 3 Victory in Denver . Mostly they were talking about Fisher's speech, the kind that might one day be put on T-shirts and repeated on the corner of 11th and Figueroa, words fit for a parade, his Lakers stepping into their destiny. L.A. Times 2009
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Reliable?

Quote:

Melo said if the plan is to build for 2015 he can't be a part of another losing season.

If he wants to go to the Bulls(and not here), then we should help facilitate that and take on Boozer and get Chicago's 1st rounder. Rose/Melo/Noah with Thibs? Probably the favorites to win the East, at least.

We could come out with one of Exum/Wiggins/Embiid/Parker/Smart/Gordon + LaVine. I'd take one year of Boozer for that.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Reliable?

Quote:

If he wants to go to the Bulls(and not here), then we should help facilitate that and take on Boozer and get Chicago's 1st rounder. Rose/Melo/Noah with Thibs? Probably the favorites to win the East, at least.

We could come out with one of Exum/Wiggins/Embiid/Parker/Smart/Gordon + LaVine. I'd take one year of Boozer for that.

i would do boozer/taj gibson/dunleavy/ 2 1st picks
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:

Just like he could get 7.5% raises from the Lakers, they can write the contract where he gets 7.5% reduction annually.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Reliable?

Quote:

I doubt they give up two 1st round picks, and they can keep Taj. His contract is too long.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Reliable?

Quote:

I would shoot for that too, but doubt Bulls give up that much.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Reliable?

Quote:

I would shoot for that too, but doubt Bulls give up that much.

You guys already know I'm on board with this. Plus I think Boozer could contribute here as well (obviously not $17M worth, but still)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Reliable?

Quote:

I like who DX has going at that spot, TJ Warren. Warren and Bazemore coming off the bench and lighting it up offensively sounds good to me.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Reliable?

Quote:

I doubt they give up two 1st round picks, and they can keep Taj. His contract is too long.

they won't be able to give Melo 18-20 millions if they don't clear all 3 of boozer/gibson and dunleavy
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject:

Gibson would be nice to have, you won't find too many good defensive PFs at $8 mil per. And if need be, he shouldn't be too difficult to trade. That is how West built the team in the early 90's, bringing in assets even at the expense of duplication. I would guess that Minny would prefer a trade of Love for Gibson and a pick over Love just walking.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Reliable?

Quote:

they won't be able to give Melo 18-20 millions if they don't clear all 3 of boozer/gibson and dunleavy

But that doesn't mean we have to take on all of them. They can trade Dunleavy and Taj in a separate trade, or we can do a 3 team trade where we only get Boozer.

Taj messes up plans, if we absolutely had to take him on then you don't do the deal. It's not like Taj is a bad player, they should have no problem moving him, especially if they include picks.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:

Just like he could get 7.5% raises from the Lakers, they can write the contract where he gets 7.5% reduction annually.

7.5% reductions won't do much if you are starting at $10M per based on the sample above. You need more like 20-25% reductions.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject:

I would only do that Chicago deal if they give us two picks. If we do that we're basically taking ourselves out of the Stephenson race, Bledsoe, Monroe, Lowry, etc.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Reliable?

Quote:

But that doesn't mean we have to take on all of them. They can trade Dunleavy and Taj in a separate trade, or we can do a 3 team trade where we only get Boozer.

Taj messes up plans, if we absolutely had to take him on then you don't do the deal. It's not like Taj is a bad player, they should have no problem moving him, especially if they include picks.

have you watched gibson play really? he is 1 of the up and coming PF's in this league. can defend the best of them and just has motor better then J Hill.

if we have Gibson I would go sign different pieces rather then going after Love.

he is very young and his contract will be the best production wise
SickwithIt1010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Reliable?

Quote:

have you watched gibson play really? he is 1 of the up and coming PF's in this league. can defend the best of them and just has motor better then J Hill.

if we have Gibson I would go sign different pieces rather then going after Love.

I like Taj but that is a pretty insane statement. Love is a top 10 player in the NBA and Gibson is a role player.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Reliable?

Quote:

And that's why the Bulls won't get rid of him
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Reliable?

Quote:

I like this idea. Although, i would like Payne with Chicago's pick.
Kobe24MSU
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Would love if the Lakers got Payne.

I'm an MSU fan, and may be a little bias, but Payne has all the tools to be a very good NBA player. The one thing hurting him is he is a Senior. If this kid was a Sophomore, he would be a guaranteed top 10 pick.

Can shoot it as good as any big entering the draft, and has superior athleticism. Great kid too.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject:

I don't think taking on Boozer is worth 1 or 2 1st round picks. I'd take Boozer on a 1 year deal though if he is amnestied this summer.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
I don't think taking on Boozer is worth 1 or 2 1st round picks. I'd take Boozer on a 1 year deal though if he is amnestied this summer.

Boozer is on a one-year deal.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject:

If we take on Boozer's contract and get a pick it may be interesting, but that said, Chicago only does that if Melo commits.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Boozer is on a one-year deal.

I know that he is but if we trade for him we wouldn't have much cap space to sign other free agents this summer.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject:

I think Melo runs away from NY to either Chicago or Houston. I think Chicago is more appealing for many reasons beyond Houston.

The primary reason is the Eastern Conference is that weak that he will have a much much easier route to the Finals

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next
Page 403 of 2904
Jump to: