Exit Meetings Thursday Friday WooHooo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Basically that he still wants to prove to Mitch and the fans that he can live up to his contract. And that if the Lakers want him to mentor their draft pick he would be more than happy to do so. A very brief summation, what shines through is that he really wants to help the Lakers.

please tell me how this helps the lakers when his salary will still be on the books. why should they do it for nash when they sent Derek fiasher packing?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Basically that he still wants to prove to Mitch and the fans that he can live up to his contract. And that if the Lakers want him to mentor their draft pick he would be more than happy to do so. A very brief summation, what shines through is that he really wants to help the Lakers.

please tell me how this helps the lakers when his salary will still be on the books. why should they do it for nash when they sent Derek fiasher packing?

Nash is under contract, there is nothing the Lakers can do about it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Kelly has a chip on his shoulder, I like that. I bet those reunions at the in laws can get intense.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Farmar rubs me as a highly ambitious and sleazy guy. If i was in command he would not return for next year

what's wrong with ambitious? Sleazy or unethical is another thing, but being arrogant doesn't make you such.

He was all about selling his fish in the exit interview, mentioning his shooting percentage, showing the two rings he won with the Lakers and speaking of that era as if he was a teams crucial cog. Basically trying to smokescreen the fans and Mitch, probably advised by his agent. Lame, if you ask me

How dare he try to sell himself to the team he loves and most wants to play for.

You are grasping at nothing with this absurd characterization that he is sleazy for wanting to come back to the Lakers.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Farmar rubs me as a highly ambitious and sleazy guy. If i was in command he would not return for next year

what's wrong with ambitious? Sleazy or unethical is another thing, but being arrogant doesn't make you such.

He was all about selling his fish in the exit interview, mentioning his shooting percentage, showing the two rings he won with the Lakers and speaking of that era as if he was a teams crucial cog. Basically trying to smokescreen the fans and Mitch, probably advised by his agent. Lame, if you ask me

How dare he try to sell himself to the team he loves and most wants to play for.

You are grasping at nothing with this absurd characterization that he is sleazy for wanting to come back to the Lakers.

he is sleazy cause he thinks, acts and talks like he is smarter than Mitch and (most) fans, with that ridiculous number of wearing the rings like he did something meaninful on those campains. You put me in that Lakers team and i would have two rings as well. So lame this Jordan Farmer, he rubs me the wrong way, saying that he only was a third string point guard cause he came here last. Ahah, scrub thinks he's better than he is, i already said that, and is clear to me why he left when he left. He thinks he is better than he is.
christhn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

he is sleazy cause he thinks, acts and talks like he is smarter than Mitch and (most) fans, with that ridiculous number of wearing the rings like he did something meaninful on those campains. You put me in that Lakers team and i would have two rings as well. So lame this Jordan Farmer, he rubs me the wrong way, saying that he only was a third string point guard cause he came here last. Ahah, scrub thinks he's better than he is, i already said that, and is clear to me why he left when he left. He thinks he is better than he is.

He may think he is better than he is, but I think a lot of fans here underestimate what he, Shannon Brown, and Sasha Vujacic contributed to those 2 championships. Considering 2010 literally came down to the last few minutes in a game 7, every possession mattered.

Last edited by christhn on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject:

thanks for the memories Pau.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kelly has a chip on his shoulder, I like that. I bet those reunions at the in laws can get intense.

Coach Cowher would eat him alive without a doubt!
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Its so obvious Pau wants to leave.

He wants to play for an "inside-out team". Even though the league is moving towards fast paced play he wants a "controlled pace". Where he can "outhink opponents".

Can we please sign and trade him to someone like the Knicks or Grizzlies. We could get good and bad pieces. I would take bargnani's expiring deal if it means it's paired with shumpert and hardaway Jr. Those guys have legit upside. I'd prefer that instead of losing Pau this offseason just for cap space

To do a sign-and-trade the player would actually have to want to go to that team. The thing is.. the Lakers aren't the only team with cap space this season unfortunately.

The Knicks are going to be an obvious choice for reporters and fans because of the Phil Jackson link. I don't necessarily agree with the notion that just because a former head coach is working for another organization that players are going to flock there.

I thought about the Grizzlies. If Randolph opts in there'll be no cap room there. Also, where would he play? If Pau is willing to take on a 6th man role and come off the bench.. then, sure. Maybe they'd send Ed Davis and their pick to the Lakers along with one of their wing players to a third team?

The Suns.. will have lots of cap space.. so they wouldn't even have to send any assets to get him.

Maybe Cleveland bites?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He wants to play for an "inside-out team". Even though the league is moving towards fast paced play he wants a "controlled pace". Where he can "outhink opponents".

Can we please sign and trade him to someone like the Knicks or Grizzlies. We could get good and bad pieces. I would take bargnani's expiring deal if it means it's paired with shumpert and hardaway Jr. Those guys have legit upside. I'd prefer that instead of losing Pau this offseason just for cap space

To do a sign-and-trade the player would actually have to want to go to that team. The thing is.. the Lakers aren't the only team with cap space this season unfortunately.

The Knicks are going to be an obvious choice for reporters and fans because of the Phil Jackson link. I don't necessarily agree with the notion that just because a former head coach is working for another organization that players are going to flock there.

I thought about the Grizzlies. If Randolph opts in there'll be no cap room there. Also, where would he play? If Pau is willing to take on a 6th man role and come off the bench.. then, sure. Maybe they'd send Ed Davis and their pick to the Lakers along with one of their wing players to a third team?

The Suns.. will have lots of cap space.. so they wouldn't even have to send any assets to get him.

Maybe Cleveland bites?

Based on the quotes I put in my previous post it appears to me that NYK are an ideal destination for Pau. But Cleveland might work. They did jump at the opportunity to get Bynum. Pau does everything better than Bynum. Chicago and Charlotte also want Pau. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140404/pau-gasol-los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant/#ixzz2y2PcNLLy

Mitch should see if Chicago will cough up Jimmy Butler (2 mill) and Taj Gibson (8 mill) for Pau.

Maybe charlotte will cough up Kidd-Gillchrist and Biyombo.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Charlotte, next year, will have close to 20 million in cap space to just sign him outright if they need to. No need to give up any assets.

All Chicago would have to do is amnesty Carlos Boozer and they could sign Pau Gasol without giving up anything.

The Knicks have absolutely no draft picks and I can't imagine the Lakers trading for either Amare or Tyson Chandler given how much they're paid.

All solid, solid ideas.. but I just don't see why Charlotte and Chicago would sign-and-trade when they can just sign them unless they were desperate to get rid of whatever players..
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I'm gonna move this convo to "what to do with Pau thread".
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Charlotte, next year, will have close to 20 million in cap space to just sign him outright if they need to. No need to give up any assets.

All Chicago would have to do is amnesty Carlos Boozer and they could sign Pau Gasol without giving up anything.

The Knicks have absolutely no draft picks and I can't imagine the Lakers trading for either Amare or Tyson Chandler given how much they're paid.

All solid, solid ideas.. but I just don't see why Charlotte and Chicago would sign-and-trade when they can just sign them unless they were desperate to get rid of whatever players..

what would chicago Amnesty boozer: pay him 16.5 million dollars

& then sign Pau @10mil? just doesn't make sense
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

Because I cant see what team would actually want to trade for Carlos Boozer and his contract. It's not like they haven't flirted with the idea of amnestying Carlos Boozer.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Maybe Cleveland bites?

Couldn't the Lakers do a sign and trade with the Knicks?

Pau and (insert player) for Chandler and (insert player). Pau and PJ can reignite the triangle.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
^yeah, it seems like Kaman doesn't have much of a filter. Maybe one of the reasons he has bounced from team to team.

I read an article about Kaman having ADD,,,, that means NO filter lol.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

Because I cant see what team would actually want to trade for Carlos Boozer and his contract. It's not like they haven't flirted with the idea of amnestying Carlos Boozer.
I'd take Boozer and his contract into our cap... For a first round pick or two.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Maybe Cleveland bites?

Couldn't the Lakers do a sign and trade with the Knicks?

Pau and (insert player) for Chandler and (insert player). Pau and PJ can reignite the triangle.

No, the Knicks are over the lux tax apron so they cannot receive a player in a S&T.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject:

christhn wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

He may think he is better than he is, but I think a lot of fans here underestimate what he, Shannon Brown, and Sasha Vujacic contributed to those 2 championships. Considering 2010 literally came down to the last few minutes in a game 7, every possession mattered.

also, having a huge ego isn't the worst of things for a professional athlete. With a million fans scrutinizing your every move, you have to have an inflated sense of self to protect your well being against all the mud thrown at you. If not, you would never be able to pick yourself off the floor.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject:

Mitch is up now
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject:

Mitch was great, Marshall was slightly interesting, this Marshon Brooks exit is kinda sad (not sad as in sad, but sad as in no one really cares and he looks/talks like he already knows he won't be back).
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject:

Where are the exit interviews?
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

The only way I can see Chicago moving Boozer is in a pure salary dump move where they can free up more cap space for Melo+other pieces.

Personally, I'd rather go with Boozer on a short contract and add a guy like Payne than deal both for Pau who has yet to prove himself defensively as a Thibs type big meaning hedging hard on pick and rolls or be able to stay healthy playing a lot of minutes. I'm sure they'd love to have Pau, but they are not likely to move a first round pick unless they are guaranteed Melo and if somehow that involves a three way deal with LA, then possibly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: