X-Men director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing a teenage boy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: X-Men director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing a teenage boy

Quote:
Lawsuit alleges Singer “manipulated his power” to exploit 17-year-old boy

“X-Men” director Bryan Singer is being accused of “sexual abuse” of a teenage boy in a lawsuit filed Wednesday, according to court documents obtained by TheWrap.

According to the lawsuit filed in federal court in Hawaii, plaintiff Michael Egan, who was named in a press release by his lawyers, was 17 when he was forcibly sodomized by Singer, among other accusations.

The suit alleges Singer provided Egan with drugs and alcohol and flew him to Hawaii for sex on more than one occasion in 1999 and claims that Egan was not the only underage boy who was abused.

The abuse allegedly began in 1998, shortly after Egan was lured to parties at a house in Encino, Calif. where a high school friend lived, the lawsuit claims. The house, known as the M & C Estate, was often the site of “notorious parties” where adult males allegedly preyed on young boys, the lawsuit claims.

According to the lawsuit, Egan was a model and aspiring actor. The documents claim Singer told Egan at one such party that “the adults who resided in or frequented the M & C Estate controlled Hollywood and could decide whether Plaintiff's career aspirations and hopes would be realized” and was also present when Egan was warned to keep those men “happy.”

The men supposedly told Egan they were sure he was homosexual according to their “gaydar,” even though Egan told them he was straight.

Attorney Jeff Herman said he planned to file more lawsuits against Singer and others involved in the alleged parties.

“Hollywood has a problem with the sexual exploitation of children,” Herman said. “This is the first of many cases I will be filing to give these victims a voice and to expose the issue.”

A representative for Singer did not immediately respond to TheWrap's request for comment.

Herman previously represented the five plaintiffs who accused Sesame Street Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of sexually abusing them. Three of the suits were dismissed due to the statute of limitations running out, however, the plaintiffs vowed to appeal. One other plaintiff dropped his complaint, and a fifth plaintiff's suit is currently active.

Clash resigned from Sesame Street in November 2012, after the second accuser filed suit against him.

More to come…

http://www.thewrap.com/bryan-singer-...g-underage-boy
Black Salt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Not a bit surprised. Brandon Routh was chosen for Superman Returns simply because of "other" reasons than acting. Hollywood is rumored to have major pedos in its circles. Those pieces of filth need to be known and destroyed.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject:

I remember reading something years ago during the filming of another Singer film Apt Pupil.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118636/?r

I think it had something to do with having minors naked during a shower scene or something. I never saw the film. But I think there was a lawsuit or complaint of some kind filed against Singer for that. I don't remember the exact details.
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject:

I thought it was the Quicksilver character he was being accused for, just look at that awful costume. I think thats abuse too
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Gays of Future Past

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject:

A month before one of the biggest movies of the summer comes out and this story pops up. Just how we'll hear of a couple NBAers getting sued for some kind of misconduct right before the playoffs start. What timing.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject:

gays make the best movies....wait wth did i just say?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:33 am    Post subject:

Singer is notorious in Hollywood for lavish partying with underage boys.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
A month before one of the biggest movies of the summer comes out and this story pops up. Just how we'll hear of a couple NBAers getting sued for some kind of misconduct right before the playoffs start. What timing.

Marvel has been on a roll lately, maybe DC wants to stop the Marvel juggernaut until the Batman vs Superman movie comes out ...
or he is really a dirty pedophile ...
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:

Marvel has been on a roll lately, maybe DC wants to stop the Marvel juggernaut until the Batman vs Superman movie comes out ...
or he is really a dirty pedophile ...

And because the window outlined by the Hawaii law on the statute of limitations for such cases closes on April 24th:

http://satchawaii.com/get-info-about-statutes-of-limitations.aspx

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Singer is notorious in Hollywood for lavish partying with underage boys.

Is that for real or are you (bleep) around?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject:

Coreys Haim and Feldmen both claimed being almost ritualistically abused and I heard that some of that came to the surface, on camera, in one of their reality show episodes, not too long before Haim passed.

We've all heard of the infamous casting couch.

It's Hollywood. It's HUGE money. Evil and corruption is hard to bring down from that high up.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The men supposedly told Egan they were sure he was homosexual according to their “gaydar,”

Such powers shall prove challenging for Professor Xavier to mold.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject:

I heard from other personal sources who know people in the Biz and they have said pretty much the same thing... alot of homosexual "quid pro quo" goes on in the industry along with the obvious hetersexual stuff you would obviously expect
Black Salt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject:

I wonder what Chris Broussard's sauces are saying about dis?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Maybe that's why Hollywood still supports guys like Polanski. It's normal to them.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Seems like a pretty outrageous story to just sit on the shelf for a decade and a half with supposedly dozens of people involved. This story isn't adding up. Sounds more like a situation where someone's Hollywood dreams didn't pan out and now they are taking the litigious route.

Why wait all this tine if this is true? Why have the other victims not come forth? Why were the parents letting this underage kid go to Hollywood parties thrown by adults - much less trips to Hawaii?

This story reeks of something not being right.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Defamer post about Singer
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Seems like a pretty outrageous story to just sit on the shelf for a decade and a half with supposedly dozens of people involved. This story isn't adding up. Sounds more like a situation where someone's Hollywood dreams didn't pan out and now they are taking the litigious route.

Why wait all this tine if this is true? Why have the other victims not come forth? Why were the parents letting this underage kid go to Hollywood parties thrown by adults - much less trips to Hawaii?

That Gawker article seems pretty believable. Plus, teenagers have been going to parties without their parents knowledge since the beginning of teenagers and in Hollywood there are plenty of kids adrift. Reminds of the movie "Bully" where Brad Renfro's teenage character would go to adult gay clubs in Florida and dance with his shirt off in order to make money off of older, gay men.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject:

(bleep). This is a horribly selfish thought, but I was looking forward to the next Xmen movie. Now I don't think I can, in good conscience, go see it. I don't know if the allegations are true, but damn.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
(bleep). This is a horribly selfish thought, but I was looking forward to the next Xmen movie. Now I don't think I can, in good conscience, go see it. I don't know if the allegations are true, but damn.

I thought the best X-Men by far was First Class when Matthew Vaughn was directing. When they put Singer back in, I was no longer interested. Never been a huge fan of his. I think The Usual Suspects is good, but overrated.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject:

If the allegations are proven to be true, I hope he gets what anyone else who did that would get as far as a jail sentence.

I doubt he will though, as we know those with money and connections aren't held to the same code of justice as those who don't have money and connections are in way too many instances.

The guy sounds like a sick freak, his conduct (if proven) is nothing short of horrible.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

That Gawker article seems pretty believable. Plus, teenagers have been going to parties without their parents knowledge since the beginning of teenagers and in Hollywood there are plenty of kids adrift. Reminds of the movie "Bully" where Brad Renfro's teenage character would go to adult gay clubs in Florida and dance with his shirt off in order to make money off of older, gay men.

It certainly looks like there were some parties going on. The question is, did the partying shift from drinking and skinny-dipping to rape? If it did, why wait so long?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

It certainly looks like there were some parties going on. The question is, did the partying shift from drinking and skinny-dipping to sexual assault? If it did, why wait so long?

Well many rape victims often come forward years after their assault. We've seen this with Catholic boys. I think this may be a mix of what you said, that the ''twink'' thought he'd live some famous life style and got another reality, and the actual case of him being underage.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/bryan-singer-drops-out-of-all-press-for-x-men-days-of-future-past

Quote:

Bryan Singer Drops Out of All Press for 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'

The director was scheduled to appear at WonderCon in Anaheim this weekend, but pulled out at the last minute.

Apr 19, 2014 by B. Alan Orange.In light of recent allegations in a widely publicized sexual abuse case against the director, Bryan Singer has dropped out of all press for X-Men: Days of Future Past. He also pulled out of a scheduled appearance at this weekend's WonderCon in Anaheim, where he was excited to promote the latest film in the long-standing Fox franchise.

Bryan Singer was accused this week of using drugs and alcohol to force a teenage boy to have sex with him in a case that stretches back to 1999. The director denies any wrongdoing, as his lawyer Martin Singer (no relation) claims the case is 'completely fabricated'.

Accuser Michael Egan claims the abuse took place in Hawaii during August and October of 1999. Bryan Singer himself claims to have an alibi, saying he was in Toronto at that time working on the first X-Men movie. He will soon file credit card bills and various other documents that prove he was in Canada at the time of the incident.

X-Men: Days of Future Past screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg will be taking Bryan Singer's place at WonderCon this weekend.

20th Century Fox did not comment on the matter, and it is unclear how this will affect Bryan Singer's future career, as he is in the middle of writing and pre-production work on X-Men: Apocalypse. He is reportedly directing the franchise sequel as well, but that could change as Michael Egan prepares to file more lawsuits on this matter in the coming weeks. Bryan Singer could be tied up with the lawsuit for a very longtime.

With a budget of $225 million, X-Men: Days of Future Past is the second biggest movie Fox has ever produced behind Avatar, and it is the biggest film of Bryan Singer's career. For the foreseeable future, everyone feels the best thing Bryan Singer is not talk.
X-Men: Days of Future Past comes to theaters May 23rd, 2014 and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage, Hugh Jackman, Evan Peters, James McAvoy, Ellen Page. The film is directed by Bryan Singer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: