General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 276, 277, 278 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
I'm not sure I even want to see a Pac/Bradley 3.

no reason for a 3rd. this fight was closer than the first and pac actually got the win. shows how ridiculous the first decision was.

it should be floyd or nothing.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Black Salt wrote:
Now, that ducking piece of (bleep) should win his usual hand picked tomato can and there better be Pac vs Duckweather in the Fall.

Not happening. Floyd hasn't had a Top Rank bout since 2005. Doubt Bob Arum is going to be apart of one of those last three fights he has.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject:

so who is next for Manny?
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
so who is next for Manny?

Winner of Marquez vs Alvarado
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

PAC/JMM V
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
PAC/JMM V

That's all Arum has left.

Maybe Rios vs ProVo
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Pac vs maidana might be decent.

Pac vs alarado would be boring.

Pac JMM V would be fun to watch again.
I think Pac out boxes him again. I'd be surprised if it actually happens.. JMM wants that victory over him to stand.. and not be known as a lucky puncher which is what will happen if manny beats him again.

I think Manny vs Provodnikov happens first.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Pac vs maidana might be decent.

Would be but Top Rank (Manny) and GBP (Maidana) aren't doing anything together. Arum was whining about the Floyd stuff up at the MGM on Thursday and cried about Maidana being there on Saturday. Old man is clearly pissed Top Rank is no longer the top dog and now second behind a fighter he once had.

Quote:
Pac vs alarado would be boring.

Manny vs. Rios all over again.

Quote:
Pac JMM V would be fun to watch again.
I think Pac out boxes him again. I'd be surprised if it actually happens.. JMM wants that victory over him to stand.. and not be known as a lucky puncher which is what will happen if manny beats him again.

Stevie Wonder could see Arum trying to plan this fight again especially after how Manny was laid out. Arum is trying to milk this rivalry for as long as he can. After Manny retires, what does he really have? Judging by the fighters on that undercard, not much.

Quote:
I think Manny vs Provodnikov happens first.

Both Freddie Roach fighters. Doubt that will happen.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Initially, I had 7-5 Manny. Re-watched, had 9-3,maybe 8-4.

I give Bradley way more credit this time though. Damn he gota hard ass head.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

July 12: Lara vs. Alvarez

Uncle Bob can (bleep) all he wants about GBP but they continue to put out pretty good scraps. Once Manny retires, Bob might as well pass on because milking Pacquiao is the only thing keeping him alive.
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject:

Canelo must read boxing forums. Everyone people claim he "ducks" he's going at. Trout, Floyd, Ángulo and now Lara. Should be interesting, I have Canelo edging him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Initially, I had 7-5 Manny. Re-watched, had 9-3,maybe 8-4.

I give Bradley way more credit this time though. Damn he gota hard ass head.

I gave Bradley 1 round 2 even. I scored it 119 113 Pacquiao.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject:

[quote="doughboy90650"]
Stevie Wonder could see Arum trying to plan this fight again especially after how Manny was laid out. Arum is trying to milk this rivalry for as long as he can. After Manny retires, what does he really have? Judging by the fighters on that undercard, not much. [quote]

I agree with this statement. Going to try and milk this rivalry to the bone. You have the Latino money, Filipino money and most of America would probably be intrigued by this rivalry fight. They've had some battles and would have to go down as one of boxings all time rivalry fights. But after the fight and the announcer asked the question, I yelled NOOOO! It's nothing more to gain from this fight but money. You don't need Marquez stepping on your foot so you can't move then punch you . If Arum try to get this fight, it is for his own selfish reasons, not in Manny best interest.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Vasquez vs Felix Jr. Good fight. Arum put a fight on the card worth watching.

Vasquez's experience won it for him. Never saw a fighter switch right to left as much as he did. Also not many who go upstairs, downstairs so consistently. If he develops some power he'll be a headliner.

I had it 116 111 Vasquez

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject:

[quote="AJLakerFan"][quote="doughboy90650"]
Stevie Wonder could see Arum trying to plan this fight again especially after how Manny was laid out. Arum is trying to milk this rivalry for as long as he can. After Manny retires, what does he really have? Judging by the fighters on that undercard, not much.
Quote:

I agree with this statement. Going to try and milk this rivalry to the bone. You have the Latino money, Filipino money and most of America would probably be intrigued by this rivalry fight. They've had some battles and would have to go down as one of boxings all time rivalry fights. But after the fight and the announcer asked the question, I yelled NOOOO! It's nothing more to gain from this fight but money. You don't need Marquez stepping on your foot so you can't move then punch you . If Arum try to get this fight, it is for his own selfish reasons, not in Manny best interest.

I mean his roster is still in tack with good fighters that fight fans know but the general population only know Manny. probably a good reason why Cotto stayed a free agent. Still a huge draw. Nice fan base and promotes himself. Got his biggest pay day after he left Arum and fought Floyd. That has to sting the old man.

Top Rank can put Rios vs Bradley or Ruslan vs Rios or Bradley at 147. I really haven't seen Arum dealing with fighters over 168. Once Manny leaves, he could probably push Mikey Garcia, Chavez Jr. or Zou Shiming.

You could see him all weekend salty as hell because of the Floyd banners and shots at the May 3rd card. He's really bothered by the success GBP and Floyd are having. He would love a Floyd Manny fight. Co-promoter of that fight would get him huge bank. What would probably put him in the grave would be Manny not renew his contract and make the fight with Floyd while MP promotions and Mayweather promotions do the ground work. The fight really wouldn't take a lot of prep. GBP would be heated as well.

Hell, LG could promote that fight. MGM Grand. 20k ringside. Six city tour (LA, NYC, CHI, Manila, Beijing and London). 75 for PPV. Maybe 80. Fight promotes itself. Maybe hit 3 million buys at 80 bones, er 79.99. Give each a huge piece of the PPV. Only problem would be the under card because most ly everyone else is hooked up to Top Rank, K2, the Duvas or GBP.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject:

[quote="doughboy90650"][quote="AJLakerFan"]
doughboy90650 wrote:

Quote:

I mean his roster is still in tack with good fighters that fight fans know but the general population only know Manny. probably a good reason why Cotto stayed a free agent. Still a huge draw. Nice fan base and promotes himself. Got his biggest pay day after he left Arum and fought Floyd. That has to sting the old man.

Top Rank can put Rios vs Bradley or Ruslan vs Rios or Bradley at 147. I really haven't seen Arum dealing with fighters over 168. Once Manny leaves, he could probably push Mikey Garcia, Chavez Jr. or Zou Shiming.

You could see him all weekend salty as hell because of the Floyd banners and shots at the May 3rd card. He's really bothered by the success GBP and Floyd are having. He would love a Floyd Manny fight. Co-promoter of that fight would get him huge bank. What would probably put him in the grave would be Manny not renew his contract and make the fight with Floyd while MP promotions and Mayweather promotions do the ground work. The fight really wouldn't take a lot of prep. GBP would be heated as well.

Hell, LG could promote that fight. MGM Grand. 20k ringside. Six city tour (LA, NYC, CHI, Manila, Beijing and London). 75 for PPV. Maybe 80. Fight promotes itself. Maybe hit 3 million buys at 80 bones, er 79.99. Give each a huge piece of the PPV. Only problem would be the under card because most ly everyone else is hooked up to Top Rank, K2, the Duvas or GBP.

If I'm Manny, I would think about promoting myself. He's built up his name that he could be doing something similar to how Floyd has done. I would be like peace out to Bob Arum. Get some smart boxing people to help because Manny doesn't seem savvy enough to do it on his own.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Yet hat fight with Bradley especially with all the controversy should have gotten Manny at least 25 million. Maybe even 30. He has a big enough following but the main problem is that most fighters are tied to a promoter.

If Manny left Arum and promoted himself, he probably would make a nice cut definitely Arum's share of the money would go in Manny's pocket. There a win right there. Kinda like how Bradleu's wife took over running things. That money given to his financial advisor and manager now stays in the pockets of the Bradley's. Smart. It's not how much you make, it's what you do with it; and giving a possible 3% to a manager when you can keep that in house is good business.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Yet hat fight with Bradley especially with all the controversy should have gotten Manny at least 25 million. Maybe even 30. He has a big enough following but the main problem is that most fighters are tied to a promoter.

If Manny left Arum and promoted himself, he probably would make a nice cut definitely Arum's share of the money would go in Manny's pocket. There a win right there. Kinda like how Bradleu's wife took over running things. That money given to his financial advisor and manager now stays in the pockets of the Bradley's. Smart. It's not how much you make, it's what you do with it; and giving a possible 3% to a manager when you can keep that in house is good business.

Yeah look how well that worked out for Shane Mosley. I bet he is thrilled that his wife was his manager. No secret accounts in the Virgin Islands for him.
Capehorn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

anybody see this fight last night? couple of Cali Kids Ronny Rios vs Andrew Cancion... Great Action, phonebooth fight

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Yeah look how well that worked out for Shane Mosley. I bet he is thrilled that his wife was his manager. No secret accounts in the Virgin Islands for him.

Good point. I think there difference between the two ladies is you can really tell Shane's old lady was a bossy, aggressive, stank ass woman. Monica Bradley seems like a genuine lady with family first values especially being with Tim Bradley when they had eleven bucks in their bank account.

Jin Mosley was the type of woman who seem like she was a strong willed woman who speaks her mind and is pretty vocal. I know her and Jack Mosley didn't get along. That was the start of the downfall.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Capehorn wrote:
anybody see this fight last night? couple of Cali Kids Ronny Rios vs Andrew Cancion... Great Action, phonebooth fight

Yeah. Pretty good scrap. Good body work from both.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Probably won't get to do this tomorrow or Friday.

Don't forget, more boxing starting Friday and Saturday:
http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule.php

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Capehorn wrote:

Damn! I didn't know there was boxing last night. Didn't come up on my schedule. Thanks for posting up the link.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject:

With Floyd vs Maidana and Pacquiao vs Bradley hogging all the attention, Lara vs Alvarez and GGG vs Chavez Jr. kinda slipped through the cracks. Lara backed out of his fight with Ishe Smith on the Floyd undercard to accept a potential fight with Canelo on July 12.

And GGG gave a hint on his Facebook page saying "next week " - which hopefully means that it's on with he and Chavez. Good fights coming up this summer.

Hopkins fight this weekend to unify part of the 175 titles against Beibut. And look for ya boy at the Stubhub card on next Saturday with Keith Thurman. This little tune up could get him a potential fight with either Canelo or Floyd.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Hopkins has a tough challenge.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 276, 277, 278 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 277 of 514
Jump to: