OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE, JIM BUSS, COACHING CHOICES DISCUSSION THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 143, 144, 145  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
24 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
24 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
Gonna /eyeroll the Hill bashing.

Not sure why evidence based stuff is bashing. I know it is popular to assume everything is the result of bad MDA and jim buss. But there is analysis to be made beyond that. Hill is a horrible help defender, loses steam with regular minutes, and has a well documented lack of hoop IQ. That is totally separate of whatever you think of MDA.

Sure, coaching has nothing to do with it, beyond just the fact that very few NBA players lack flaws.

Bash away chief.

Not sure why it is an either or situation. But then again, I'm not operating from anger looking for a single focus. Just analyzing a player independent of other issues.

And that's where you make your mistake.

If I have learned nothing else from LG, it's that there is always one thing to blame when something goes wrong. Not a combination of events or situations, just one.

You need to learn that and focus on that one thing. Really get at it. Take a sledgehammer to it. Over and over again. Don't ever stop. If someone takes away your sledgehammer, then go get another one. If you can't find one, any blunt object will suffice.

Great. Another shot at Jim.
mugwump
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject:

So now we see what would have happened if Jim Buss was not involved. Jeannie is the one who would go to the ailing Dr. Buss to insist that Phil Jackson should take over for Mike Brown.

Jackson takes Kobe/Howard/Pau at least to the WCF, and either stays on another season or brings in Steve Kerr to take over as coach as he is bumped up to the FO.

Lakers remain a title contender and a tempting place for talented FA's to take a paycut to play here.

Instead, Jim Buss lobbies hard to bring in Mike D'Antoni and the franchise drives straight into a brick wall.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject:

mugwump wrote:
So now we see what would have happened if Jim Buss was not involved. Jeannie is the one who would go to the ailing Dr. Buss to insist that Phil Jackson should take over for Mike Brown.

Jackson takes Kobe/Howard/Pau at least to the WCF, and either stays on another season or brings in Steve Kerr to take over as coach as he is bumped up to the FO.

Lakers remain a title contender and a tempting place for talented FA's to take a paycut to play here.

Instead, Jim Buss lobbies hard to bring in Mike D'Antoni and the franchise drives straight into a brick wall.

Huh?
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject:

I've said this before, to the fans thinking it couldn't get worse, and that this is rock bottom.

This isn't rock bottom.

The nightmare has just begun.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JVG's trick was to just slow the game down and muck it up. So you might only give up 95 while scoring 90. Unless he has learned a different scheme since then. I would pass only because he has been away from the game so long.

maybe being away taught him a thing or 2 about offense?

who are u targeting VLF?

I want to see someone new, Ollie or Calipari. Maybe an assistant from another team, though I haven't looked hard at that yet. Maybe go for Chip Engelland from Pop's staff, former LA guy who is great at teaching shooting (hint hint Marcus Smart) and played for Coach K at Duke.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject:

mugwump wrote:

Nice fantasy, but you missed the part where Dr. Buss knew his time was short, and didn't want any possibility that Phil could hone in on his kids with his team. So that is all you have, fantasy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
I've said this before, to the fans thinking it couldn't get worse, and that this is rock bottom.

This isn't rock bottom.

Considering next season will be better, I think rock bottom is where we are.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

This isn't rock bottom.

Next season could be more of the same tbh.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

This isn't rock bottom.

Does that mean you will bet the over again in the season wins pool?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject:

I think we have a healthy Kobe next year, and that would mean a better season. Kobe has been challenged and is already working on succeeding with that challenge. He might not be the Kobe of 2010, but I think he will still be a top 10 player in the league next season. The wildcard is the draft pick, if he produces quickly I think the playoffs are a possibility.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I think we have a healthy Kobe next year, and that would mean a better season. Kobe has been challenged and is already working on succeeding with that challenge. He might not be the Kobe of 2010, but I think he will still be a top 10 player in the league next season. The wildcard is the draft pick, if he produces quickly I think the playoffs are a possibility.

I agree.
*Barring another injury riddled season. If kobe suffers another major injury under MDA I might lose it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject:

I honestly don't think Kobe will be playing next season for MDA.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I honestly don't think Kobe will be playing next season for MDA.

I pray you are right.

I know it's debatable these injuries were caused by coaching. But after having the second most injured roster of all time. Even if it is bad luck, mix up the equation. It's been 2 straight years of injuries. And we've had a lot of roster turnover in the past 2 years. I would blame the training staff, but they didn't have this problem with previous rosters.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I agree.
*Barring another injury riddled season. If kobe suffers another major injury under MDA I might lose it.

If a new coach is hired, and Kobe is injured, will you blame that coach?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I agree.

Not the first 2 times. But the third time in 3 seasons? Yes
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JVG's trick was to just slow the game down and muck it up. So you might only give up 95 while scoring 90. Unless he has learned a different scheme since then. I would pass only because he has been away from the game so long.

who are u targeting VLF?

I want to see someone new, Ollie or Calipari. Maybe an assistant from another team, though I haven't looked hard at that yet. Maybe go for Chip Engelland from Pop's staff, former LA guy who is great at teaching shooting (hint hint Marcus Smart) and played for Coach K at Duke.

I will be ok with either of Ollie or Calipari. didn't know about Chip. will look
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Hold on there, you already flat out called the playoffs without all the ifs, ands, and butts .. backpedaling now. Getting weak in the knees?
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I agree.

And if a new coach is hired, and Kobe was injured, why did the FO blame this coach? and will the FO blame that coach?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject:

_#1_ wrote:
24 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I agree.

And if a new coach is hired, and Kobe was injured, why did the FO blame this coach? and will the FO blame that coach?

Not sure I follow. I'm simply asking if what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
_#1_ wrote:
24 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I agree.

Not sure I follow. I'm simply asking if what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

If Antoni is fired, ie.. a new coach gets hired, why did the FO blame him? as in firing him.

Secondly, if he is let go, will they then do the same for the next new hire if Kobe gets injured next season, ie same question you asked the psoter.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:

This isn't rock bottom.

Maybe all I can say in Kobe I trust. A healthy Kobe will change a lot of things, and neutralize MDA and make him a non-factor.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

This isn't rock bottom.

Maybe all I can say in Kobe I trust. A healthy Kobe will change a lot of things, and neutralize MDA and make him a non-factor.

In D'Antoni's system, even young guys get run into the ground. How long is Kobe going to be able to last?

I trust Kobe too, I just don't trust his body anymore.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need to move on form MDA sooner than later. The lakers are beating big on Kobe, with his massive contract, for a few more seasons and MDA does not seem to have his confidence...

On the other hand, how many big men would really want to play under a system that does not let them progress...I fear players start crossing the Lakers off before the layoffs are over...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

who are u targeting VLF?

I will be ok with either of Ollie or Calipari. didn't know about Chip. will look

I only know about his background and that the Spurs are high on him. I admit I don't know what types of offenses and defenses he plays. Hopefully some Pop has entered his head. He does have a reputation as a very good shooting coach.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I agree.

No, one would still blame MDA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 143, 144, 145  Next
Page 138 of 145
Jump to: