Official [DRAFT DAY] Watch - Lakers select... JULIUS RANDLE - (p.1160) | JORDAN CLARKSON - (p.1192)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 571, 572, 573 ... 1206, 1207, 1208  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
rybee wrote:
First Exum signs Kobe's agent, now he goes to Adidas like KB did when he got in the league lol

All that's left is forcing his way here

And he's got to go to prom with a popular teen singer.

justin Bieber?
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject:

Would u trade the pick for barnes?

Sign stephenson
Sign gasol

PG.stephenson
SG.kobe
SF.barnes
PF.hill
C.gasol

Okafor mle?
Sacre
Henry
Wesley
Marshall

With the right coach we would be dangerous.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

If it's lower than 6, yes
NastyNas_87
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject:

AIRZOOMKOBE2k5 wrote:
Sorry but Aaron gordon over anyone in the #6-9 range. He's the second best athlete next to wiggins.

I really think he will put up Kawhi Leonard numbers and efficiency. A guy who would be extremely needed and critical for a team full of alphas(kobe, maybe Melo/kd in 16 or love in 15)

I agree with this if we stay at 6. Aaron Gordon will probably never be a #1 option go-to player. But I think he can be a perfect complementary piece. In the Shawn Marion mold. Great defender, athlete, does all the dirty work, gets put backs, etc. You need players like him on every contender. And I really don't see any true #1 option go-to players after Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, and Exum.
NastyNas_87
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
NastyNas_87 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
My hope is that the FO proves us wrong by evaluating and picking the right talent, not going by hype.

Seattle picked a superstar QB in Russell Wilson
Portland picked a future superstar in Damien Lillard

These were not touted as top picks.

We really really need a future franchise player this draft, even if it takes 4-5 years to develop. This pick should not be about winning now or about Kobe.

this doesn't usually happen in the nba. usually the top players are those that come with the most hype. very rare you find those diamond in the rough prospects

Well, in the rare times we were in the Lottery (past 30 years or so), we've picked Magic, Worthy, Eddie Jones, Bynum to name a few. Pretty good record. Bynum was a diamond in the rough. Kobe was traded for, but I view that as a pseudo draft pick too. He was a diamond in the rough. Give the FO a chance with a top 10 pick.

okay. but wouldn't you rather have gotten Chris Paul (who went #4 in the Bynum draft) instead? I'm sure the team will get a good player at 6. I'm just pissed we may have missed out on a franchise-changing player in the top 3.

like I won't really feel good about picking a player on Bynum's level at 6 if it turns out a CP3 type was take just one or two picks ahead because our team was too stupid to tank properly.
NastyNas_87
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

Sign stephenson
Sign gasol

PG.stephenson
SG.kobe
SF.barnes
PF.hill
C.gasol

Okafor mle?
Sacre
Henry
Wesley
Marshall

so you want to trade a top 6 pick for a guy who comes of the bench on a 6th seed team and doesn't average 10ppg?

sorry to say but thats crazy. we've been talking the #6 pick for Kyrie Irving or Kevin Love and you want us to go from that to a bench player? no.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:58 am    Post subject:

NastyNas_87 wrote:
AIRZOOMKOBE2k5 wrote:
Sorry but Aaron gordon over anyone in the #6-9 range. He's the second best athlete next to wiggins.

I really think he will put up Kawhi Leonard numbers and efficiency. A guy who would be extremely needed and critical for a team full of alphas(kobe, maybe Melo/kd in 16 or love in 15)

I agree with this if we stay at 6. Aaron Gordon will probably never be a #1 option go-to player. But I think he can be a perfect complementary piece. In the Shawn Marion mold. Great defender, athlete, does all the dirty work, gets put backs, etc. You need players like him on every contender. And I really don't see any true #1 option go-to players after Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, and Exum.
so basically jordan hill? nahhh
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject:

My new top 3 (given that I'm a realist and barring the ping pong balls falling our way we won't have a shot at the consensus top 3 picks).

Exum
Gordon
Smart

We need defense folks. Plain and simple. Scoring is the least of our problems right now.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
NastyNas_87 wrote:
AIRZOOMKOBE2k5 wrote:

so basically jordan hill? nahhh

uh

jordan hill is the farthest thing from a defender
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject:

I think will draft Embiid with the 3rd pick. Parker and Wiggins will go before him. Then in free agency will probably pursue Melo or Deng. The comments Kobe has made recently about revenge is sweet and quick suggest that will sign a big free agent this summer.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I think will draft Embiid with the 3rd pick. Parker and Wiggins will go before him. Then in free agency will probably pursue Melo or Deng. The comments Kobe has made recently about revenge is sweet and quick suggest that will sign a big free agent this summer.

Greg Monroe
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Greg Monroe
If we draft Embiid we won't pursue Monroe, i think Mitch would go after a veteran in their prime like Melo or Deng. Someone who Kobe wants and thinks he can win with.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
If we draft Embiid we won't pursue Monroe

I hope they do, though. We should go back to having the two dominant bigs so we can outrebound everyone else. Monroe is a power forward. It could work.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

Sign stephenson
Sign gasol

PG.stephenson
SG.kobe
SF.barnes
PF.hill
C.gasol

Okafor mle?
Sacre
Henry
Wesley
Marshall

maybe the 6th 2nd round pick... Barnes could probably had for much less... If I trade the lottery pick I want an impact player
NastyNas_87
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I hope they do, though. We should go back to having the two dominant bigs so we can outrebound everyone else. Monroe is a power forward. It could work.

the Lakers were at their best when they had Odom at PF spacing the floor with either Bynum or Gasol on the floor. the twin towers era is over. the game is now all about spacing. with Embiid, we don't need Monroe. I'd rather spend money on perimeter defenders.
GRE4T ONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject:

NastyNas_87 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

the Lakers were at their best when they had Odom at PF spacing the floor with either Bynum or Gasol on the floor. the twin towers era is over. the game is now all about spacing. with Embiid, we don't need Monroe. I'd rather spend money on perimeter defenders.

That was because Lamar was a beast. Twin towers would still be alive if there were more big players.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject:

GRE4T ONE wrote:
NastyNas_87 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

That was because Lamar was a beast. Twin towers would still be alive if there were more big players.

Lamar was a beast and so was Pau. Plus you had Ariza who was a defensive wing and ofcourse the best player int he world Kobe didn't hurt either.
SickwithIt1010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
My new top 3 (given that I'm a realist and barring the ping pong balls falling our way we won't have a shot at the consensus top 3 picks).

Exum
Gordon
Smart

We need defense folks. Plain and simple. Scoring is the least of our problems right now.

Gordon is going to get overpowered at the 4 in the pros IMO.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject:

GRE4T ONE wrote:
NastyNas_87 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Exactly. The reason there are no twin towers is because there aren't that many good bigs. But if we have two of them then we instantly have the ability to beat ANY team. Just need to fill it up with defenders and shooters.

Monroe will cost 13m. If we have that 25ish m cap space, then we could go after Ariza for like 4m and then have enough left to bring back the guys we liked from this year.

I really hope we go after Monroe (and draft Embiid)!
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Greg Monroe

why in the world would you pay Monroe above 10mil in salary? 1 of the worst defenders and offensively he is no Brook lopez

other then him being 7ft and playing center/PF what can he do?

for once i agree with VLF & would prefer to bring Deandre over instead of monroe
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
why in the world would you pay Monroe above 10mil in salary? 1 of the worst defenders and offensively he is no Brook lopez

for once i agree with VLF & would prefer to bring Deandre over instead of monroe

He is not the best defender, correct. He is average at his position. He is bad when you play him at center, but his true position is power forward.

Offensively he is sound. He is one of the best passers of all bigs, has a great array of low post moves and counter moves and he has a mid range J. He also gets you 10 rebounds a game. He could potentially be a 20/10 guy, and if not he's still 17/9 (like Pau Gasol). Except he is 10 years younger.

He is definitely worth 13m considering that big men get paid 5m more than wings.

And even if he shows he's not what we want going forward, that is still an excellent trade asset. 13m is the ideal price when you are looking to trade assets for a superstar that wants out of his team.

Greg Monroe is the guy we need to go after. 20/10 with 3 assists potential, 16/9 already.

At 23 years of age, this is the free agent we should get.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I have no problems with Smart. I would rather sign Lowry and draft a different position, but if Smart is the best option we should go with him.

same. sign lowry, draft a different position

I'm also high on Lowry. Late bloomer like Billups. Can shoot, penetrate, defend, above average athlete. How many more prime years you think he has left? 3? 4? I'd throw 4 yrs 30 mil at him. But I'd also be more than okay with Smart and then throwing money at Stephenson. If we got Lowry then I'd like for us to get Parker.

Lowry needs ball in his hands to be effective & will be playing with Kobe for the next 2 years.

Kobe needs ball in his hands and will get it.

taking this into consideration who do you prefer?

Lowry
Stephenson
Avery Bradley
Bledsoe - have to overpay him which I don't want to do

Ideally the ball is in Lowry's hands and Kobe is in the wing/high post with Embiid in the low post.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Gordon is a PF. Drafting him means no Kevin Love. Vonleh is a much better fit for our long-term goals.

So they pass on a guy (we assume) they want just in case a FA comes here a year later? We are in trouble if the FO thinks that way.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

thetruthteller wrote:
Megatron24 wrote:
We will end up with Exum or Randle.

Well one thing is for sure, and that is Kobe will be in charge of this ship as it goes to who they get. Kobe will not stand for a bunch of 1 year scrubs like this season. This is why I have fears that Love will not be signed after next season cause Kobe will have convinced Mitch to use all the Lakers Cap space on say a Luol Deng, and maybe a Lance Stephenson, or whoever. And as far as the pick goes, yes I think Kobe will sign off on Exum if he is there because of them having the same agent. But if it's not Exum, then it will be the prospect who is most physically Mature to contribute right away.

And that might rule out players like Gordon or even Vonleh. I wouldn't be surprised if it is Marcus Smart...or.....God Forbid, and I am not trying to scare anyone here but...maybe even " Doug McDermott "

I think you are way off. Mitch would not allow Kobe to influence him in that way.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

He is not the best defender, correct. He is average at his position. He is bad when you play him at center, but his true position is power forward.

Offensively he is sound. He is one of the best passers of all bigs, has a great array of low post moves and counter moves and he has a mid range J. He also gets you 10 rebounds a game. He could potentially be a 20/10 guy, and if not he's still 17/9 (like Pau Gasol). Except he is 10 years younger.

He is definitely worth 13m considering that big men get paid 5m more than wings.

And even if he shows he's not what we want going forward, that is still an excellent trade asset. 13m is the ideal price when you are looking to trade assets for a superstar that wants out of his team.

Greg Monroe is the guy we need to go after. 20/10 with 3 assists potential, 16/9 already.

At 23 years of age, this is the free agent we should get.

whats his potential? i don't see it that much so I for 1 would skip signing mediocre players just to sign him
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 571, 572, 573 ... 1206, 1207, 1208  Next
Page 572 of 1208
Jump to: