Mitch Kupchak: Trading lottery pick a "possiblity"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject:

DipNGold wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lebron or Anthony Davis. Otherwise I would pass.

exactly I hope kupchak doesn't make rush move to get kobe to the playoffs and ruin our future.

Mitch has not done that of yet!
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject:

Keep the pick..is my vote
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
DipNGold wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lebron or Anthony Davis. Otherwise I would pass.

exactly I hope kupchak doesn't make rush move to get kobe to the playoffs and ruin our future.

i don't see anybody in this draft that would do much for our future regardless.....

definetely not at #6 and up. get one of the top 5 prospects or bust (trade it).
fans need to get over, just the lust of a draft pick.
look, w/ the prospects outside the top 5 ; its a toss up if your guna draft a bust or a player who has the potential to develop into a 15ppg guy - thats the realistic ceiling for the prospects at 6+ -- and that , is not a chance you should care to take. trade the pick if its at #6 or higher - trade it for a 15ppg player right now on a good contract - no guarantee #6 + pick turns into a 15ppg player. even less of a guarantee that the pick is a real steal value on his rookie contract ,it'll take 3-4 years for the player to be half way decent - for you "rookie contract" people

I guess that if you as a FO have little faith in your abilities to find a long term starter on a rookie contract in a deep draft, then trading for an established player would be the best idea. However, the Lakers have had success with the lottery-range players they have drafted, so my guess is that someone will have to knock their socks off to get them to trade the pick. That 15 ppg player on a cheap contract for the next 7 seasons will be available when the Lakers draft.

i just don't see a anybody in this draft that has any real chance of making an impact, even if we drew the number one pick.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject:

I don't see a scenario where the lakers get anything really of value for the 6th pick, with todays CBA I think they are better off keeping the pick, in all likelihood at the least they will get a solid contributor and having that on a rookie scale contract would help a lot, dismantling your future through a bad trade not seeing it, we have a chance to nab some quality players in FA over the next two years which allow us not to mortgage our youth
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject:

Is it possible that someone trades us a player to swap draft spots if that team really likes Marcus Smart or Aaron Gordon? Or does that not work under the cba?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject:

thetruthteller wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
thetruthteller wrote:
You think if the sixers get the 2nd pick, and Wiggins is gone, that they would deal to us their pick at 10 and Nerlens Noel for our pick, and Nash's final year deal ? That way they can draft Embiid at 2, and still address a key need at 6 ? We get a Legit Rim protecting Center who will be ready to go come next season, and the 10th selection ?

How does that work ?

Or if we are just giving away our pick for injured players, we could offer it to Indy for Bynum?

((EDIT - LET'S STOP WITH THE INSULTS, PLEASE- JMK))I mean Noel is not Injured....or have you not heard the news. Also, ACL injuries, the persons knee gets actually STRONGER after surgery. Nerlens is a 237Lb Athletic freak. I saw a report last week that showed him on the court, and he did a live on the air vertical leap of 29 inches. And that at 7ft tall.

Comparing him to Bynum, who had 9 surgeries before he was ever drafted, and was diagnosed with Degenerative knee issues is just as stupid as it gets.

Thanks for the compliment, maybe reading the TOC would be to your advantage. Comparing him to Bynum is valid right now, they are both coming into the league coming off of significant knee injuries. Keeping the lottery pick over gambling on a bad knee would be the smart thing to do.

((PLEASE MAKE YOUR POINT AND MOVE ON - NO NEED FOR CONTINUING THE BACK-AND-FORTH STUFF - JMK))
cyrus_the_virus
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Mitch wouldn't even know what to do with the pick anyways. If it wasn't for the NBA rules against trading away back to back 1st round picks, he would have given this pick to Phoenix for Nash.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8
Jump to: