Charles Barkley Disses Shaq
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject:

Bballguru5000 wrote:
Mamba512 wrote:
lakerforever24 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
What chuck is forgetting that shaq was averaging damn near 30 and 15 during the playoffs. I can never Dwight coward get anywhere near thos number

he got that today

Getting that today and averaging that are two different animals, though. The chances of Dwight averaging 30/15 is slim.

It goes beyond numbers. Two players can put up 30/15 in one game but their impact would be far different. A 30/15 from Al Jefferson, for example, is not the same as 30/15 from Duncan. Same holds true for Dwight and Shaq. Shaq dominated opponents. The Blazers were barely ever even double teaming Dwight. I'm not sure why so many fans compare Dwight to Shaq. Dwight is an athletic but undersized center; Shaq eclipsed the sun. Two different worlds.

Shaq is the only one comparing Dwight to Shaq, for self-serving reasons mostly. I despise Dwight but Shaq what is using if platform for is pretty pathetic.

Last edited by greenfrog on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
Mamba512 wrote:
lakerforever24 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
What chuck is forgetting that shaq was averaging damn near 30 and 15 during the playoffs. I can never Dwight coward get anywhere near thos number

he got that today

Getting that today and averaging that are two different animals, though. The chances of Dwight averaging 30/15 is slim.

It goes beyond numbers. Two players can put up 30/15 in one game but their impact would be far different. A 30/15 from Al Jefferson, for example, is not the same as 30/15 from Duncan. Same holds true for Dwight and Shaq. Shaq dominated opponents. The Blazers were barely ever even double teaming Dwight. I'm not sure why so many fans compare Dwight to Shaq. Dwight is an athletic but undersized center; Shaq eclipsed the sun. Two different worlds.

Shaq is the one only comparing Dwight to Shaq, for self-serving reasons mostly. I despise Dwight but Shaq what is using if platform for is pretty pathetic.

Good. I hope Shaq keeps comparing himself to Dwight and making Dwight look like a bum. [bleep] Dwight.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Bballguru5000 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
Mamba512 wrote:
lakerforever24 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

he got that today

Shaq is the one only comparing Dwight to Shaq, for self-serving reasons mostly. I despise Dwight but Shaq what is using if platform for is pretty pathetic.

Good. I hope Shaq keeps comparing himself to Dwight and making Dwight look like a bum. [bleep] Dwight.

i think it's more about making himself look like a giant in comparison, which is what you'd expect from a guy who used to give himself nicknames.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Bballguru5000 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
Mamba512 wrote:
lakerforever24 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

he got that today

Yeah, it's Dwight, so let Shaq continue his assault.
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
Mamba512 wrote:
lakerforever24 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

he got that today

i think it's more about making himself look like a giant in comparison, which is what you'd expect from a guy who used to give himself nicknames.

Ummm.. Kobe gave himself nicknames too, Black Mamba, Vino. So nicknames is probably what you don't want to mention
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Shaq had two straight 40/20s against Sac one of those years. I've begun to believe recently that Shaq has crossed that invisible threshold where his prime will slowly become more blurry as the years go on. I doubt if there's any superstar who's completely immune to that effect - maybe MJ if anyone. Even that it could happen to Shaq O'Neal is a trip. Well, I guess the thing that's even harder to believe is that 2000 is apparently a long time ago for some, because that period were Shaq's T-Rex years. A lot of us HERE would be surprised looking back at what he was in his prime. Some amazing stuff for a guy that big. Dwight Howard would piss his pants against prime Shaq, that much I do know. Utterly helpless on the low block.

Shaq was the most unguardable player I've ever seen. The only person that could stop him was himself.

And that little white line at the top of the keyl
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Shaq had two straight 40/20s against Sac one of those years. I've begun to believe recently that Shaq has crossed that invisible threshold where his prime will slowly become more blurry as the years go on. I doubt if there's any superstar who's completely immune to that effect - maybe MJ if anyone. Even that it could happen to Shaq O'Neal is a trip. Well, I guess the thing that's even harder to believe is that 2000 is apparently a long time ago for some, because that period were Shaq's T-Rex years. A lot of us HERE would be surprised looking back at what he was in his prime. Some amazing stuff for a guy that big. Dwight Howard would piss his pants against prime Shaq, that much I do know. Utterly helpless on the low block.

Shaq was the most unguardable player I've ever seen. The only person that could stop him was himself.

I will never forget how David Stern literally changed the rules of defense to stop him. He and Wilt are the only 2 guys I can think of who were that physically unstoppable.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject:

ppineda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
Mamba512 wrote:
lakerforever24 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

he got that today

Ummm.. Kobe gave himself nicknames too, Black Mamba, Vino. So nicknames is probably what you don't want to mention

bah, just two. shaq would go through that in a week.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: