Mike D'Antoni has resigned as Lakers coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Blade wrote:
rybee wrote:
Quote:
ramonashelburne: There is currently no meeting scheduled between the Lakers and Mike D'Antoni. As we've been saying, decision was going to take time (weeks?)
Whats there to think about?

He's coached the worst record in Laker history, He has to go

Seriously what are they doing stalling on this?

Maybe they're not announcing he's gone til we decide on a suitable replacement.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
PROPHET wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
^Mda and Kobe together again, except without any decent bigs? If MDA is retained we have to start a thread predicting how long he will last through the season. My guess is he'd be gone before all-star break,

...why even bother

You don't even know what next seasons roster is going to look like. How could you possibly come to that conclusion already?

I have a favor to ask of you though.

I need 5 numbers. They have to be between the numbers 1 and 59.

I'll also need one additional number. That number has to be between 1 and 35.

I'm going to need those numbers before tomorrow (Wednesday) at like 6:45 P.M.

Another MDA fan. I don't need to know what the roster will look like with MDA because he will force fit whatever it is to his style. I do know a young Nash and Marion will not be on the roster, so stop dreaming. You want to bank on MDA? Go right ahead...

And I' m sure your teacher wants you to do your homework assignments yourself

How can anyone defend Dantoni, injuries aside his rotations just kill team morale. You play Kaman for 3 games plays well, then never see's the floor again. Its not about his system but he's not a leader of men, you can just see it in interviews.

I wouldn't call myself a Mike D'Antoni fan though. I just don't believe Mike D'Antoni is as incompetent and cancerous that the majority of y'all seem to think he is.

The dude is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Despite the facts that statistically the Lakers did better with a line-up that didn't have Chris Kaman and Pau Gasol everybody here seems to believe it's D'Antoni's fault. For everybody here that puts SO much emphasis on defense it boggles my mind that people wanted them together on the court so much lol.

Perhaps it's because I don't listen to the radio, or follow some of the so called "beat writers" like Kevin Ding, Dave McMin-whatever, and others that took cheap shots at the Lakers whenever they had the chance. I prefer to stay positive when it comes to the team I love.

I also tend to give coaches more than just ONE FULL YEAR (a year in which there should be an asterik next to it due to all the injuries) to show some improvement before calling for his head.

MDA has been given more than one full year. First year he helped chase off Dwight. Now the rest of the bigs want to bolt (except for Sacre who probably never dreamed he'd get this much playing time).

and for the record:

Kaman and Hill combine for 14 rpg in about 20 mpg. Sacre and Kelly combine for 7.5 rpg in the same 20 mpg. And how many games have Kaman and Hill sat at the end of the bench?

We are also in the bottom in rpg and opponents points in the regular season this year. And people think MDA has done a great job under the circumstances? How could he do worse? He also dissed and publicly insulted our bigs early on (one who helped us to two chips) and also told the fans to get lost. And you want to give him another chance.

You watch the games (including other teams games) look at stats, and observe James Worthy's post game facial expressions and you should be able to get a clear picture of what direction this team is headed for. Expect more of the same next year if this coach is still around.

Mike D'Antoni got the team without a training camp and also inherited a Dwight Howard who either wasn't fully healthy or (my guess) he half-assed it because he didn't want to be there. There's absolutely NO way a person can be THAT inefficient in the post in terms of turnovers. NONE.

I don't need to look at James Worthy's face to come up with my opinions. If that's how you come to yours, that's cool and all..

I just don't see how you or anyone can possibly see what direction the team is going in lol. The sooner you come to accept that this year (minus the injuries) turned out exactly how the Lakers planned it (making sure they put themselves into position to have cap space in 2014 and 2015) the sooner you'll be able to have faith in the front office.

Wait and see what happens in the off-season (remember.. we're BARELY a week into the off-season LOL) before moaning and complaining. There's still the draft lottery, the draft, free agency and summer league before you'll really start seeing things.

As far as coaches go.. HOW do you know the Lakers aren't keeping their options open? What if they're eyeing chicago and indiana's coach to see what happens with them? It's been rumored that BOTH of them could be on the hot seat. Why make a rush decision, sign a coach now (if thats what they're going to do) and then see another coach become available only to not have the option of signing them.

If you wanna play the stats game like *so* many people here love to do.. Dallas, Atlanta, and MIAMI all rank below us in rebounding. They seem to be doing okay.

Why not post the positives? Lakers ranked among the top 5 in assists and blocks.

Clearly being patient and practical gets you nowhere here.. so we'll just agree to disagree

I hope the Lakers are doing the right thing. Get the team first and then get the pieces to fit.

If they get young athletic wings and no Pau. Bring MDA back.

If they get Randle and Pau, MDA has to go.

Get Talent. If MDA fits talent. He Stays. If not. He Goes. Pretty Simple!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
Quote:
ramonashelburne: There is currently no meeting scheduled between the Lakers and Mike D'Antoni. As we've been saying, decision was going to take time (weeks?)

See. Rumors and "reports". Media said last week the meeting would be this week...
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject:

^Which I precisely why I suggest people stop refreshing their twitter feed every 25 seconds, or going to some obscure basketball rumors website. It's just going to madden you when nothing happens as soon as you'd like it to.

I stopped following a boat load of people because eventually I just got tired of all of these conflicting reports. The Lakers, for the most part, are a very very "locked down" front office. Not a ton of their happenings leak WEEKS before it happens unless it's something completely obvious. Dwight Howard was a year or two in the making.

Typically, things that are legit that have been leaked are already done. Not "Lakers are talking about.. but nothing is imminent"
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject:

MDA staying would be a bad nightmare, I hope the Lakers care about the fans feeling like Dr. Buss did.... this is pathetic...
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject:

This is taking too long... I don't think he is getting fired or resigning.
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Didn't Kupchak say during the last day of exit interviews that D'antoni still had 2 more years on his contract and that he'd let us know if anything changes? I think Mitch has gone to bed, some of you guys are still waiting by the front door hoping he'll answer.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
just dont like his style of never taking responsibility for his teams play or covering his players even if he thinks it is on them, when you are a leader you dont publicly point fingers at guys and say well if they do this or that we would win

Tired of this clown just get him out already

That's how he has alienated some of his best players. Gasol has been to the Finals three times and won twice, but D'Antoni implies that what Pau wants is what's best for Pau and Mike's way is what's best for the team.

This is the most arrogant SOB I've ever seen coaching any Southern California team in any sport (more than Phil), and all things considered, the worst to have ever coached the Lakers in my lifetime. Worse than Randy Pfund, because hey, what did Randy Pfund cost, and who did Randy Pfund have in those post-Magic days?

THIS guy, with his arrogance and stubbornness, just keeps shooting himself and his team and his best players in the foot. No wonder nobody wants to play for him. He is the worst.

Whether he stays or goes is going to have a big impact on who they can and can't get to play here... so... that'll be interesting.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Yumyumcha wrote:
Didn't Kupchak say during the last day of exit interviews that D'antoni still had 2 more years on his contract and that he'd let us know if anything changes? I think Mitch has gone to bed, some of you guys are still waiting by the front door hoping he'll answer.

Maybe true, in that case their taking the fanbase for granted.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Can't fire MDA until they have a new coach lined up. Be patient!
nslander32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers' most significant target after this summer is Kevin Love, why the ***** would they want to be known as the org that has made the conscious decision to cut a check for three consecutive years to a guy whose name has becomes synonymous for alienating bigs? He was an especially bad hire for the personnel, and everybody not named Jim Buss admits it. The longer they wait to cut him loose, not only does the window to find an appropriate replacement begin to close, but the more apparent it becomes the organization is hopeless adrift and incapable of admitting its mistakes. Humbly cutting his loses was one of the many qualities of our former owner, putting the current lack of organizational leadership in stark relief.

Put the preferences of Kobe, Pau or even the season ticket holders aside.
Imagine this team going into next season with this joker at the helm. Even assuming health and a high lotto pick, our best hope is a mediocre team headed by an embattled coach, whoever that coach happens to be. But that mediocrity will only be amplified by the unavoidable reality this particular coach is a known commodity, delivering nothing fresh, promising no surprises, offering no record of fostering individual player development, and whose "system" has long since been proven outmoded. In what possible scenario does that prospect provide a recruiting advantage for ANY elite free agent?

His father was a poker player. I hope Jim doesn't double down on the dumb.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject:

[ quo te="nwithinder32"]If the Lakers' most significant target after this summer is Kevin Love, why the ***** would they want to be known as the org that has made the conscious decision to cut a check for three consecutive years to a guy whose name has becomes synonymous for alienating bigs? He was an especially bad hire for the personnel, and everybody not named Jim Buss admits it. The longer they wait to cut him loose, not only does the window to find an appropriate replacement begin to close, but the more apparent it becomes the organization is hopeless adrift and incapable of admitting its mistakes. Humbly cutting his loses was one of the many qualities of our former owner, putting the current lack of organizational leadership in stark relief.

Put the preferences of Kobe, Pau or even the season ticket holders aside.
Imagine this team going into next season with this joker at the helm. Even assuming health and a high lotto pick, our best hope is a mediocre team headed by an embattled coach, whoever that coach happens to be. But that mediocrity will only be amplified by the unavoidable reality this particular coach is a known commodity, delivering nothing fresh, promising no surprises, offering no record of fostering individual player development, and whose "system" has long since been proven outmoded. In what possible scenario does that prospect provide a recruiting advantage for ANY elite free agent?

His father was a poker player. I hope Jim doesn't double down on the dumb.[/quote]just some additional info to consider, while not being for or against MDA

Amare did well in the system

Howard could have been a superstar under MDA system
Note: As these playoffs have shown, Howard is not a post - up player and the Rockets won't go far with Howard as the #1 option.

Bosh is the Heat's only big and he would be ideal for MDA - just like KLove.

Mitch definitely hear the fans but is not ruled by them, just like any smart and savvy FO
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject:

Blade wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Yep. I'm surprised that so many people think he will be fired. I don't know for sure what will happen, but everything points to him being retained for the next year. The Lakers aren't going to fire him simply because that's what the fans want.

I certainly would welcome the move, but I think the odds are against it.

And unlike Brown, the guys played hard for him and the younger players seemed to like him. There was no quit.
At least we made the Playoffs with Mike Brown and actually won a Series

MDA has done nothing except pisssing all over the fan base and alienating every single Laker Fan going as far as saying "If you dont like it then go root for another team" Talk about a total inept idiot

He has to go at all costs

To be fair we Had a healthty Kobe...D12 was still here just a better team
So Brown has nothing to do with better because he sucked bad. If he was still here Lakers nation would be in just a big uproar.

With a healthy roster we need to see where Pringles can take us, if by mid season 2014-2015 we are still bad they will replace him.

But please don't compare him to Brown...
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject:

Duncan would play center well in MDA's offense too since Pop barely runs post-ups.
Purp' & Gold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject:

Kevin Love would actually be the ideal 4 in Mike's offense. We would need a center like Asik too. If LA thinks that they can get Love this off-season I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mike sticks around. With that said, I want no part of a Love/Dantoni partnership.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject:

His O (when healthy) works. His transition game is OK. His D is non existent. You need all 3 parts to win,, but the players which work well in category 1 & 2 don't translate to category 3.
I vote he is replaced and this team gets bigger.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Not a fan of Rick Bucher but here's an article on Byron Scott and Kyrie Erving
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2040856-bucher-buzz-could-bryon-scott-help-recruit-kyrie-irving-to-the-lakers
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Not a fan of Rick Bucher but here's an article on Byron Scott and Kyrie Erving
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2040856-bucher-buzz-could-bryon-scott-help-recruit-kyrie-irving-to-the-lakers

this means the lakers would have to trade there pick for kyrie. i didn't know him and b scott are still close, i had heard it end bad in cleavland
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

^That's what I thought too. Kyrie's reaction to BScott's firing:
Kryie quotes wrote:
"I feel like a piece of me is missing."

"emotions are running high. I'm trying to get over loss of my basketball father."

kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
^That's what I thought too. Kyrie's reaction to BScott's firing:
Kryie quotes wrote:
"I feel like a piece of me is missing."

"emotions are running high. I'm trying to get over loss of my basketball father."

Hmmm, that's interesting. We have Kobe, get Kyrie, bring back Pau and Kaman or Hill, get rid of our stupid coach and we might have something there. It's definitely worth Jimbo and Mitch inquiring!!!
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Ryan Ward ‏@Lakers_Examiner 1m
It appears the Lakers may have finally made a decision on Mike D’Antoni. According to @MarkHeisler, D’Antoni will return next season.

Noo

Last edited by ronnyjeremy on Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lakers-611469-antoni-year.html
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject:

You can't be serious.

And delete that page breaking post. It's not funny when you do that.
venky
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject:

I just... I just can't.

What is their endgame with bring back Antoni?
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject:

I'm not even disappointed because I completely expected it.....

Guess this means goodbye Pau.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 29 of 79
Jump to: