Feeling guilty because you're excited about the playoffs even with no Lakers to root for?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
I don't feel guilty at all. The Lakers missed the playoffs, tough luck. These playoffs are going to be very entertaining. There are plenty of talented teams, both young and hungry, eager to take that next step. I respect that. Even if LA is out of it, it doesn't justify passing on good basketball.

Yup. Some great games have been played already.
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Been trying to catch all the games I can. The night caps the last 2 nights have been tremendous OT games. Got finals coming up and it's going to be tough to study for them!

For me, since the Lakers have been out of it so long I was able to get myself into the mindset of being pumped for these playoffs. Rooting against Houston, Miami and the Clippers.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Kingpin2010 wrote:
Been trying to catch all the games I can. The night caps the last 2 nights have been tremendous OT games. Got finals coming up and it's going to be tough to study for them!

For me, since the Lakers have been out of it so long I was able to get myself into the mindset of being pumped for these playoffs. Rooting against Houston, Miami and the Clippers.

That's basically the only reason I've been watching, lol. That said, the Blazers/Rockets game was great. Lillard is a beast.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
The Grind wrote:
I don't feel guilty at all. The Lakers missed the playoffs, tough luck. These playoffs are going to be very entertaining. There are plenty of talented teams, both young and hungry, eager to take that next step. I respect that. Even if LA is out of it, it doesn't justify passing on good basketball.

Exactly. While I have a hard time watching the full games, I still get into it in the 4th quarter. Last night's Wizards/Bulls game was epic. I am actually going to the Wizards home games 3 & 4 as well. Living in Washington, the Wiz are my 2nd fav team.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject:

these playoffs are so boring, not feeling guilty AT ALL! We need the Lakers back in next year!

let me be clear, they're boring because I don't have any emotional attachment to any team but the games have been very good.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
these playoffs are so boring, not feeling guilty AT ALL! We need the Lakers back in next year!

let me be clear, they're boring because I don't have any emotional attachment to any team but the games have been very good.

Lol i figured. As i stated i cannot watch the fully games. I only watch the 4th quarter, lol... what to do.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

I love watching Portland-Houston. I was enjoying Hack a Howard fully. I also like watching OKC and GS. However I don't think the Warriors win.

I must say though that Memphis is bad a**

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Poseidon44
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject:

Any team playing the Clippers and the Rockets. Other than that, I have no interest in these Playoffs.

It's time for Doyer Baseball!!!!
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Many great games so far. Us basketball junkies are loving it. Not a Clippers fan but I will always root for an LA team against a Bay area team. It's a regional thing.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Other than the Bulls-Bullets and Heat-Bobcats, first round playoffs have been pretty awesome.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
The Grind wrote:

AMEN. Most of those who act they don't care about playoffs basketball just because our team is out probably don't play basketball or don't really love the game.

I love basketball and the playoffs has been great so far. Of course, it would be more fun with the Lakers in it but that will not stop me from watching good basketball games. Besides, it's a chance to see which players might look good in a Lakers jersey when they hit free agency in the future.
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject:

The first round of the playoffs has been good entertainment so far, with a number of surprises. The regular season was absolutely terrible, however. Almost up there with the 99 lockout season.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject:

No guilt at all. I watch from a pretty Laker-centric perspective anyway. In fact my whole enjoyment is "hate-watching" the Clippers and the Rockets. I'd pull against the Thunder, too, but we need them for Clipper-insurance.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject:

The people who have decided not to watch these playoffs are missing out. The most competitive playoffs I can remember.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Bye Rockets
Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Janggoon8 wrote:
Went to the Clippers vs. Warriors game for a friend's birthday. Game was pretty hyped and pretty exciting.

Damian Lillard is that guy. Great debut.

Called it. #lillard
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
The people who have decided not to watch these playoffs are missing out. The most competitive playoffs I can remember.

Okay, so let's put this in perspective. I'm spending time with my son on various activities. I'm teaching him math, how to ride a bike, swimming, playing catch in the backyard, playing basketball and playing Titanfall together.....

But I'm "missing out" because I'm not parked in front of the TV watching two teams play that I have no rooting interest in.

Quote:
AMEN. Most of those who act they don't care about playoffs basketball just because our team is out probably don't play basketball or don't really love the game.

Nothing could be further from the truth. If anything, a lot of people who are active actually choose playing basketball over watching it on TV. If I'm going to commit 2 and half hours of time to a game between teams I don't really care about, that's a lot of wasted time.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
OCWA wrote:

Okay, so let's put this in perspective. I'm spending time with my son on various activities. I'm teaching him math, how to ride a bike, swimming, playing catch in the backyard, playing basketball and playing Titanfall together.....

But I'm "missing out" because I'm not parked in front of the TV watching two teams play that I have no rooting interest in.

Quote:

Nothing could be further from the truth. If anything, a lot of people who are active actually choose playing basketball over watching it on TV. If I'm going to commit 2 and half hours of time to a game between teams I don't really care about, that's a lot of wasted time.
Come on, he obviously meant missing out on good basketball. You can miss out on good basketball for other activities you consider more important, he did not imply at all that these basketball games should be a priority over any of that.

I'm not sure if the second part of your quote is accurate, both you and the person you quoted are generalizing. Ever person is different, I love playing basketball but I sometimes would rather just watch a good playoff game. My opinion on that changes depending on my mood, and everyone is different so it doesn't really matter. If you don't feel like you are missing out by not watching these playoffs, that's fine. Nobody is saying you have to be interested, all anybody said was that people are basically not going to see some great basketball played.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:

That's basically the only reason I've been watching, lol. That said, the Blazers/Rockets game was great. Lillard is a beast.

purplehaze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject:

Seeing Dwight on the verge of tears last night was worth watching.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

If this is parity I love it.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Sat May 03, 2014 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject:

purplehaze wrote:
Seeing Dwight on the verge of tears last night was worth watching.

👏👏👏
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject:

I've already watched more playoff games just in the first round than I watched Laker games all season. Good basketball makes all the difference.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject:

I got what I wanted most, next to the Lakers winning.

Ass Howard lost AGAIN!!! AGGGGGAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNN!!!

Good job coward, but don't worry man, it wasn't your fault, it was the other guys fault!!!!!
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Playoffs has been lackluster and boring so far. No team really seems all that impressive and still as per usual the favorites are all winning, despite giving half assed efforts most of the time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: