Dario Saric

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Dario Saric

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dario-Saric-5706/

It seems he's in the draft every year, and every year I'm saying "if only he could shoot." Haven't gotten a chance to watch him this year yet (although I'm going to try to find a way,) but it seems based on his stats, that he's playing a bigger role than he has in the past, and his overall fg% and ft% are improved, so maybe there's hope. He plays so smoothly, definitely has the ability to be a point forward with his handles, passing, and IQ, has good rebounding ability, it's mostly his shooting that really limits him. Maybe I'm missing something, but he doesn't have horrible form or anything, so why can't he improve it?

Anyway, could be a good fit for us if we end up in the late lottery.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Dario Saric

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

It seems he's in the draft every year, and every year I'm saying "if only he could shoot." Haven't gotten a chance to watch him this year yet (although I'm going to try to find a way,) but it seems based on his stats, that he's playing a bigger role than he has in the past, and his overall fg% and ft% are improved, so maybe there's hope. He plays so smoothly, definitely has the ability to be a point forward with his handles, passing, and IQ, has good rebounding ability, it's mostly his shooting that really limits him. Maybe I'm missing something, but he doesn't have horrible form or anything, so why can't he improve it?

He's a bit still athletically like Hedo Turkoglu. His passing abilities are point guard level, but Turkoglu could hide his athletic deficiencies on offense behind the jumpshot.

Saric can't. It's tough though. His passing abilities are tremendous. He can handle the basketball well enough.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Dario Saric

Mike@LG wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

He's a bit still athletically like Hedo Turkoglu. His passing abilities are point guard level, but Turkoglu could hide his athletic deficiencies on offense behind the jumpshot.

Saric can't. It's tough though. His passing abilities are tremendous. He can handle the basketball well enough.

He hasn't looked like a bad athlete to me. It looks like he has solid/decent speed and quickness for a 6'10 player, enough to play SF if he develops a jump shot. Why can't he improve it though? If we're talking late lottery in this draft (which the talent will probably drop off considerably after 6 or 7,) then a jump shot away doesn't sound so bad.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Dario Saric

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

He hasn't looked like a bad athlete to me. It looks like he has solid/decent speed and quickness for a 6'10 player, enough to play SF if he develops a jump shot. Why can't he improve it though? If we're talking late lottery in this draft (which the talent will probably drop off considerably after 6 or 7,) then a jump shot away doesn't sound so bad.

He's a solid athlete. A bit of a tweener... not strong enough to handle PFs on the block, not quick enough laterally to handle SFs.

The jumpshot is okay. He needs to get the reps in. He's comfortable up to 20' in rhythm and wide open, but he needs that 3pt. range.

It's not just the jumper. It's the defensive ability. Everything else is cake. Surround that guy with wings who can slash and shoot, and it's offensive heaven.

Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Dario Saric

Mike@LG wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

He's a solid athlete. A bit of a tweener... not strong enough to handle PFs on the block, not quick enough laterally to handle SFs.

The jumpshot is okay. He needs to get the reps in. He's comfortable up to 20' in rhythm and wide open, but he needs that 3pt. range.

It's not just the jumper. It's the defensive ability. Everything else is cake. Surround that guy with wings who can slash and shoot, and it's offensive heaven.

I don't see him playing PF either, not any time soon at least. He probably won't be much defensively, but he could eventually be average there. Not ideal, but not exactly a deal breaker either.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject:

I'm a huge fan of his playmaking ability and transition ability.

I just find it risky if a guy can't keep up defensively. He could be a nice change of pace player off the bench, but I can't help but think of the offensive imagination with him on the floor in a league full of scorers.

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Boris Diaw w/ more athleticism/length. His future is at the PF position - whether or not he can bulk up a little, refine his post game a bit, develop a reliable mid-range jumper and defend the 4 will make or break his career. The guy is likely going to be a solid starter as an NBA player, but has all-star potential if he can meet the challenges of playing the 4.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

I think you guys are right, he's a PF. I guess I liken him to 6MOY version of Odom, I think he has potential as a spot up shooter and perhaps more in the post with some focus on it, but I don't see his upside being that huge.

Honestly, I think Kyle Anderson would be a far better choice if you're looking for a big playmaking forward, especially because he probably won't be projected as high as Saric is, but Anderson probably has better ball skills, length, and can already hit open shots at a high rate. Saric seems stronger and he moves better though.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject:

No thanks.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject:

I keep playing that lottery thing on ESPN and this is the guy that keeps coming up for us at the 9 spot. Why? Do they just assume Mitch is a sucker for Croatians?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
I keep playing that lottery thing on ESPN and this is the guy that keeps coming up for us at the 9 spot. Why? Do they just assume Mitch is a sucker for Croatians?

Maybe not Croatians specifically, but...

Slava...Sasha...Vlade...hmm.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I have been watching video on Dario Saric lately. It is always hard to tell how good someone is through highlights but you could see what a player is capable of.

Saric is 6'10 and could do things that I have not seen any other 6'10 player do in this draft. Given that he has been the MVP in the league he plays in, I hope the Lakers give this guy a long, hard look. In this draft, the value pick is going to be overseas. COnversely, the bust pick is likely going to be overseas. Dirk Nowitski for RObert Trailer. Remember Nikoloz Tskitishvilli?

Dario Saric is a swing for the fences kind of player in my opinion. His foot speed is relative to the position he plays. Against PFs, he is fast, and against SFs he might be slow.

I hope our scouting department is doing their due diligence
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: