President Jack Tunney

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: President Jack Tunney

It's a damn shame not a single WWF soul attended his funeral. Just because he once suspended Ravishing Rick rude for making fun of the Big Boss Man's mom, doesn't give anyone the right to oblivionize him. I guess Gene was actually pretty mean. The jerks didn't even once mention his passing. Sure it was 10 years ago, but it's still real to me damn it.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject:

I can't remember which PPV it was, but Jack Tunney came out to mediate something controversial and during his walk down the ramp, the camera caught some little 9 year old, smartass twerp in the audience say "Jack Tunney!" as he extended his hand over the guard rail hoping to receive high-five/handshake. Wellsir, I'll be damned if ol' Jack didn't stonewall the kid and just keep on walking without so much as a smile.

edit: It was for this:
(still trying to find footage of the snub)

edit 2: found it: http://www.wwe.com/videos/lex-luger-bret-hart-co-win-royal-rumble-match-royal-rumble-1994-25061293 (snub at 2:54)

RIP fake WWF President

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject:

I remember a time when I used to think Jack Tunney was the real Pres/Owner of the WWF and that Vince was just one of the announcing crew along with Gorilla, Jesse, and Bobby. The Brain was my fave color commentator, funny rascal, the Bill Simmons of the lineup.

Saw some Mene Gene clips recently when doing research for a post re: the Shiek, who called him Gene Mean. Damn, Gene was like the Chick of that org, had that "comfortable" quality as a rep of the franchise that Chick had, meaning if you heard his voice in the other room, you knew it was WWF on the tube. Gene had a running joke in the 80s that his fave band was Van Halen (the absurd image of Gene rocking out to VH, get it?)

Anyway, a hodgepodge of thoughts/memories. Wanna post this link if CMB hasn't seen it. Terry putting Dick Belzer to bed. Terry was a big boy, man. He looked like a Viking demigod back then.

Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Damn, I (bleep) love you two (bleep). ^
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Damn, I (bleep) love you two (bleep). ^

(bleep)wise, bro.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I remember a time when I used to think Jack Tunney was the real Pres/Owner of the WWF and that Vince was just one of the announcing crew along with Gorilla, Jesse, and Bobby. The Brain was my fave color commentator, funny rascal, the Bill Simmons of the lineup.

Saw some Mene Gene clips recently when doing research for a post re: the Shiek, who called him Gene Mean. Damn, Gene was like the Chick of that org, had that "comfortable" quality as a rep of the franchise that Chick had, meaning if you heard his voice in the other room, you knew it was WWF on the tube. Gene had a running joke in the 80s that his fave band was Van Halen (the absurd image of Gene rocking out to VH, get it?)

Anyway, a hodgepodge of thoughts/memories. Wanna post this link if CMB hasn't seen it. Terry putting Dick Belzer to bed. Terry was a big boy, man. He looked like a Viking demigod back then.

Haven't seen that! I also didn't know Belzer had his own TV slot...good lrod, why?

You're right, 80s babyfat Hogan was a monster.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject:

I'm going to the Comedy Store in Hollywood tonight to see the Iron Sheik. It's his "Roast Rumble". It's at 9pm tonight if you guys want to go...
http://www.laughstub.com/event.cfm?id=331490
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: