Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
lol....apparently the phrase "j.a.c.k o.f.f" gets filtered
you need to watch out doing that, i did that once in my early days here and i got banned for a while. lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

AH did another fantastic recap.

Another thing that stood out to me is Kate calling Jack to tell him Audrey died.

Really?! She couldn't wait until after he captured Cheng and prevented WW3? Not the best time for that call Kate lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I really thought the whole setup was Jack to die and Kate to be the new Jack. I was so sure of it that I didn't post anything to not spoil the wouldbe surprise. Oh well. Guess they left the door open to the series being about Kate trying to get Jack's situation resolved or something. She did a pretty good job I thought, and I would buy her as the new younger, semiinexperienced Jackie.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I always wanted the show to feature Jack escaping from a prison or saving someone from a dangerous situation. The whole terrorism/Jack saving the world thing has been done so many times, there isn't anything interesting to tell. Even this year, even though they focused on drones and London, it felt like every previous season.

I'd definitely watch Jack plan and then execute an escape from a Russian prison.

Been watching too much Mission Impossible 4?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
I really thought the whole setup was Jack to die and Kate to be the new Jack. I was so sure of it that I didn't post anything to not spoil the wouldbe surprise. Oh well. Guess they left the door open to the series being about Kate trying to get Jack's situation resolved or something. She did a pretty good job I thought, and I would buy her as the new younger, semiinexperienced Jackie.

The producers said that they discussed a bunch of different scenarios for the finale, including killing off Jack. They just didn't think killing off Jack was the best fit. If Kiefer is like most actors in a role like that, he's looking for a good swan song for Jack.

I really don't see Kate as an alternative to Jack. You could build a new type of series around her, but it's pretty hard to sell a woman in that sort of physical role. It's been tried before with mixed results, most notably in The Long Kiss Good Night. It's a little hard to swallow. (Yes, I know that it has been done in various super hero and sci-fi movies, but that's different from something that is supposed to be reality based. We accept Scarlet Johannson as Black Widow in that context, but would we accept her doing that stuff as a real world cop?)
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Wilt wrote:
I always wanted the show to feature Jack escaping from a prison or saving someone from a dangerous situation. The whole terrorism/Jack saving the world thing has been done so many times, there isn't anything interesting to tell. Even this year, even though they focused on drones and London, it felt like every previous season.

I'd definitely watch Jack plan and then execute an escape from a Russian prison.

No, probably that godawful show Prison Break.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
focus wrote:

The producers said that they discussed a bunch of different scenarios for the finale, including killing off Jack. They just didn't think killing off Jack was the best fit. If Kiefer is like most actors in a role like that, he's looking for a good swan song for Jack.

I really don't see Kate as an alternative to Jack. You could build a new type of series around her, but it's pretty hard to sell a woman in that sort of physical role. It's been tried before with mixed results, most notably in The Long Kiss Good Night. It's a little hard to swallow. (Yes, I know that it has been done in various super hero and sci-fi movies, but that's different from something that is supposed to be reality based. We accept Scarlet Johannson as Black Widow in that context, but would we accept her doing that stuff as a real world cop?)

I would sure. She pretty much did that stuff in this season. Plus she got tortured (if that's a 'plus'), recovered,shot people('+'),led teams, smart. She just needs to work on her "Put it down, NOW!" freeze-scream.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Wilt wrote:

No, probably that godawful show Prison Break.

Ahhh hellllll no.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/rip-skye-mccole-bartusiak/

Quote:
R.I.P. Skye McCole Bartusiak

Skye McCole Bartusiak, who was best known for her role portraying Mel Gibson’s youngest daughter in The Patriot, died today at the age of 21. No cause of death was given. Bartusiak was a stage, screen and TV actress. She had a recurring role as Megan Matheson in the show 24 and did guest star appearances in CSI, Lost, Touched by An Angel and George Lopez television shows. She started acting in 1999 with the ABC mini-series Storm of the Century. When she was 8 years-old, she was in the movie Riding in Cars with Boys. She died in her Houston home this morning at 9AM. family spokesperson called her “a brave and caring young woman” who “is deeply missed by her family and friends.” In addition, the young actress was in the movies Don’t Say A Word in 2001, and the Oscar nominated The Cider House Rules in 1999. She also was the only child on the frontier role in the Hallmark movie Love Comes Softly. In 2012, she starred in the feature Sick Boy; since then she had done a series of short films. On stage, she appeared in the play The Miracle Worker in 2003 with Hillary Swank. So young. Condolences to her family and friends.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject:

I looked her up. She was in season 2 as a little girl who bonded with Kim Bauer. I can't say I remember that plotline.

Anyway, RIP.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject:

She's best known as Mel Gibson's daughter in "The Patriot"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: