Ed Davis vs Hill, Boozer vs Randle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject:

DipNGold wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
At this point Randle looks more like Dejuan Blair than Paul Millsap who is, what I consider to be his upside if all things pan out. Nice, player but franchise player not so much.

he's play nothing like Blair come on now & wait till he plays a game first before you start to predict his career smh

Oh my mistake thank you for, correcting me he will be the next Karl Malone. He doesn't have a jumper and can't shoot fts well. Kind of like , uhhh Dejuan Blair. The over rating of Randle is amazing. He has a lot of work to do to be an impact player in this league, let alone face, of the franchise, which has been so often projected on this forum.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Dejuan Blair? can he even dribble? plus he's 6'6 compared to Randles 6'9 height. Plus Randle is much more explosive going to the hoop.

yeah nothing like Blair.

He was getting doubled and tripled team in summer league and showed great vision with his passes.

Summer league i know, but its a start for a 19 year old. He'll be much better than Blair.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject:

Randle is a 17% jump shot shooter in college and basically doesn't use the right. Also was only average compared to top pfs in college in the post. Believe me he's a lot closer to Blair than Millsap who is a border line All Star in the East. BTW not to quibble but Blair is listed at 6'7".
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Randle is a 17% jump shot shooter in college and basically doesn't use the right. Also was only average compared to top pfs in college in the post. Believe me he's a lot closer to Blair than Millsap who is a border line All Star in the East. BTW not to quibble but Blair is listed at 6'7".

He finishes with his right hand just about as often as a right handed player finishes with their left.

How many pf received as much defensive attention as Randle?
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject:

JR has to be the starter he can play now, Hill at center and Boozer can play anywhere on the front line and should come off the bench because he knows how to play all the front court positions.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject:

I think a lot of people on this board will automatically choose Davis over Hill simply because he's a new player to the team, but ultimately as of last year, Hill was a better player.
Davis didn't have Hill's minutes, but neither did Davis have Dantoni. If Hill had more support from a coaching standpoint, he would have had more significant minutes and better production. Davis IMO has yet to be proven.
In retrospect, Hill maybe on his way out in a S&T scenario, but if the FO can't find one, I would say the starting 5 spot is his to lose.
Davis would be better suited coming off the bench in a more uptempo offense with Swaggy and a young PG in Clarkson.
But Hill has more of a maturity to his game that should allow him to flow well with Kobe and Boozer.
Rotations with the current roster:

Lin + Kobe + Johnson + Boozer + Hill
Clarkson + Young + Henry + Randle + Davis
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

I'm worried about this as well and wasn't encouraged to see that the only player in the summer league he aggressively even tried to post up was that 6' 8" white dude from St. Joe's who actually held his own on him. I think his ballhandling ability gives him something to fall back on at the 3 if he struggles at least.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
DipNGold wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
At this point Randle looks more like Dejuan Blair than Paul Millsap who is, what I consider to be his upside if all things pan out. Nice, player but franchise player not so much.

he's play nothing like Blair come on now & wait till he plays a game first before you start to predict his career smh

Oh my mistake thank you for, correcting me he will be the next Karl Malone. He doesn't have a jumper and can't shoot fts well. Kind of like , uhhh Dejuan Blair. The over rating of Randle is amazing. He has a lot of work to do to be an impact player in this league, let alone face, of the franchise, which has been so often projected on this forum.

Neither Blair nor Milsap has Randle handles. Don't quit your day job.

Fans are naturally excited about their own players. I'm not sure I believe you're a Laker fan, if you are, you're a Debbie Downer Laker fan. People can be extreme on either end. Overrating or underrating. You're not anymore reasonable than the next person. Especially when your comparisons are off. Randle's ability to handle the rock will be key to his development. He has a chance to be a pretty dynamic PF. Of course, all those tools can go to trash too if he doesn't work hard. You're a Laker fan? Root and hope for him then.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject:

Randle like Blair?
that's the worst comparison yet. Randle is a much better ball handler and actually has post moves. Blair has been piece of crap since he's been in the league. Randle is almost a carbon copy of Zebo. Even Davis who played with Zebo said that. Randle will have a decent 10-15 footer eventually because he has good form and he was not asked to do so in college. The guy is a stud in the paint and his moves are amazing for being just 19 years old.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

I can't get it. Where in the world is Davis longer than Hill?
Hill is longer, has more weight an way more strength.

Davis is built similar to jeremy Evans. Same thin frame. At the presser, he looked like a child next to mitch.

The guy has talent and is willing to play defense. But cmon he will get abused by the howards, monroes, gasols, duncans, lmas, jeffersons....etc

If he wants to bang with those guys, hes hs to hit the gym hard
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
DipNGold wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Neither Blair nor Milsap has Randle handles. Don't quit your day job.

Fans are naturally excited about their own players. I'm not sure I believe you're a Laker fan, if you are, you're a Debbie Downer Laker fan. People can be extreme on either end. Overrating or underrating. You're not anymore reasonable than the next person. Especially when your comparisons are off. Randle's ability to handle the rock will be key to his development. He has a chance to be a pretty dynamic PF. Of course, all those tools can go to trash too if he doesn't work hard. You're a Laker fan? Root and hope for him then.

Thank you for your thoughtful response, after ten years on this board I did not realize that you were the arbiter of who is a real Laker fan. From now I on I will conform my posts to agree with yours in every way. God forbid we have a discussion board with actual discussion on it.

By the way your ability to use cool phrases such as handle the rock make your posts so much more informative and believable. I will strive to use them in the future so I can be just you. You are my new hero!

Edit: I quit my day job a long time ago. Here's hoping you can too.

Last edited by ExPatLkrFan on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

I'm worried about this as well and wasn't encouraged to see that the only player in the summer league he aggressively even tried to post up was that 6' 8" white dude from St. Joe's who actually held his own on him. I think his ballhandling ability gives him something to fall back on at the 3 if he struggles at least.

I take it all back I have seen the error of my ways. Randle will surely develop a killer post game because of his ability to handle the rock. And will post up any of those fools that are unlucky to have to guard him. Due to his work ethic and ability to handle the rock by next year if not by the all star break he will have developed a deadly midrange jumper and will be shooting be shooting 3s at at least a 40 percent clip. This is all due to his ability to handle the rock and his killer work ethic.

I forgot to mention that he will be at least 2nd team all defensive team. Why you might ask, well you know he can really handle the rock, get to the rim and has a tremendous, work ethic.

I feel better already knowing that I am a real Laker fan and not a Debbie Downer fan. It's like being reborn. Praise the Lord I can crawl again.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

I take it all back I have seen the error of my ways. Randle will surely develop a killer post game because of his ability to handle the rock. And will post up any of those fools that are unlucky to have to guard him. Due to his work ethic and ability to handle the rock by next year if not by the all star break he will have developed a deadly midrange jumper and will be shooting be shooting 3s at at least a 40 percent clip. This is all due to his ability to handle the rock and his killer work ethic.

I forgot to mention that he will be at least 2nd team all defensive team. Why you might ask, well you know he can really handle the rock, get to the rim and has a tremendous, work ethic.

I feel better already knowing that I am a real Laker fan and not a Debbie Downer fan. It's like being reborn. Praise the Lord I can crawl again.

Glad you changed up your negative tune dude!!
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Glad you changed up your negative tune dude!!

Thank you I feel reborn in a way. Wanna buy some peanut brittle?
bynobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Ed Davis vs Hill, Boozer vs Randle

LakersNewEra wrote:
What do you guys think?

I prefer Ed Davis to Hill. Longer, more athletic, better defender IMO. More talented as well.

As far as Boozer vs Randle, Im going with Boozer this year only. Year after and beyond, it should be Randle easily.

do you fellas realize that a team needs more than 5 players on the team? why is that the Clippers can have a "deep" front court with Hawes' signing and the Lakers have "redundancy" in the front court?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Randle might finish mostly with his left, but he is very comfortable driving right.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Randle might finish mostly with his left, but he is very comfortable driving right.

yup. people still havnt noticed?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject:

finally found the silver lining to Randle not starting..
in the 2nd unit he gets to improve on being an offensive option waaayyy more than in the 1st unit with Kobe(and a ball dominant PG). In the first unit, he'd be getting the ball much less, and then trying to just make the right basketball play/not mess up trying to be a scorer that you can go to.

it'll be way less exciting with Randle not starting.. but it probably will help him develop into a player who can break out
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: