how is Odom doing ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject:

You can't help someone who isn't willing to help themselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
Damn, it's all French's fault, he Montana-ed Khole, now Lamar can't get her back. He continues on that downward spiraling. I wish we would sign him, Kobe could help him get his head back together.

The only person that can help Lamar is Lamar right now. I wish everyone would stop deflecting his issues to other to correct. Lamar made these choices in his life. He decided to marry a Kardashian and then openly cheat on her. He decided to do drugs his choice. I wish him well, but he is a grown man and must decide he wants to set his life straight, only then can people help him.

Read your sig and do something for Lamar or others like him who made bad choices

You entirely missed the point of Spunkie's post. Try re-reading, because it is spot on. There's nothing to do for Lamar until he takes the first step.

Thank you!!!!

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject:

That is so sad

Dude loses his Mom at an early age

Loses his newborn baby to some kind of SIDS

Does a really dumb thing and marries a celebrity

Now he wont put down the pipe to do what he actually Loves

Do what you Love and you will Live a good life...

His choices and excesses with women made his life much more complicated than he was capable of handling, that's for sure. He's already searching for enough, it appears, to just add that much extra BS to his plate. Own worst enemy kinda person. If he's not a legit candidate for psychological therapy, I'd be surprised.
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Don't be surprised to hear a story about him being bankrupt. Dude clearly has a lot of demons that he needs to get rid of. Hopefully, he can seek help and get lucky enough to find a team that will give him a two-year $8M contract.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: how is Odom doing ?

carlosLisboa wrote:
EddieJonesss wrote:
Rocks wrote:
Is he still on dope ? I liked how he played with us when he was with the orginization . Maybe it would be a good pick up .

"Unfortunately, Lamar was unable to uphold the standards to return as an NBA player," Jackson said in a statement.

Yeaaaaaa... that about sums it up nicely.

In a league that had coke addicts for playing for years (kemp), drunks (Vin Baker, Keon Clark), fat lazy (Jerome James, Kemp), Odom must have been of another world.

Somehow, I feel that it's easier to be "normal" as a cokehead than it is to be a crackhead.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject:

NBAFAN24 wrote:
Don't be surprised to hear a story about him being bankrupt. Dude clearly has a lot of demons that he needs to get rid of. Hopefully, he can seek help and get lucky enough to find a team that will give him a two-year $8M contract.

His problems being so rooted in childhood is the worst. Seems from print and media, at least, that he needs to have family member surrogates (even keeping weird hangers-on from his childhood) and/or a woman to mother him. Then he screws up that safety net by banging on the side. He has a user/absentee father who no doubt served as the model for Lamar's decision making. God knows how many times he's had these kind of turns in his life, to various degree. Sad to see because we had him in his "happy" years. He had enough support system to be on the ball. Nearly touched the word "great" when he was playing at his absolute peak.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject:

If Lamar is an addict of any sort, it's unfortunate and I feel awful for him. Addiction is no joke whatsoever, obviously. Yeah, sure, if the rumors are true, no one is forcing him to smoke crack, drink excessively, or whatever, but addiction ain't pretty. I've witnessed it first hand.

One of my best friends has been to rehab six or seven times, and has been struggling with heroin addiction for about twenty years. He most recently went to rehab and relapsed within a month or two after finishing the program. He's one of the smartest people (and talented musicians) I've ever met, but, as they say, the drug does not discriminate. He's like a brother to me, and it's all beyond sad. Apparently he's run out of money and is now on meth based on some photos he's sent me within the past couple of weeks and a few conversations with him and mutual friends. It's a much cheaper doctor. The situation makes me sick to my stomach.

In sum, if the rumors about LO are true, I hope he gets the help he needs and gets on the road to recovery, however difficult that road is to go down or embrace.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
That is so sad

Dude loses his Mom at an early age

Loses his newborn baby to some kind of SIDS

Does a really dumb thing and marries a celebrity

Now he wont put down the pipe to do what he actually Loves

Do what you Love and you will Live a good life...

His choices and excesses with women made his life much more complicated than he was capable of handling, that's for sure. He's already searching for enough, it appears, to just add that much extra BS to his plate. Own worst enemy kinda person. If he's not a legit candidate for psychological therapy, I'd be surprised.

You don't need to be as bad off as Lamar to be a "candidate" for therapy, anyone can benefit from therapy.

With that said, I'm willing to bet that Lamar has a ton of trauma that he has not processed well at all, he needs major therapy, and it would probably take at least a few years to get to the bottom of his issues. Hopefully he has the patience and wherewithal to get that help.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
You can't help someone who isn't willing to help themselves.
this is true. all you can do is extend a hand and let them know "when you get your head together and are ready to make your way back. I'm here for you." its sad, but its true. LO is in a different place at the moment. and he's not in the place where he desires to do right all the way. until that happens he will stay in this place he's in.

people dont get addicted to drugs just purely on the biological effects. they want to hide from something for a time. which is why they do drugs constantly (we're not talking about some recreational user here).

if you dont know how to handle your own life's issues without ducking behind the bottle, the pills, the needle, sex. you cant be helped. you have to at least, at minimum... be willing to deal with your issues without a crutch.
Okay, so what happened in my life?
Okay, so what role did i play in those things happening?
Ok what can i control NOW, what can i not control NOW?
everyone needs help.even those that are doing well in life are probably getting help from others whether they realize it or not. So who can i trust that wants nothing from me but for me to become a better version of myself? find those people and ask them for help. when i ask them for help and they help me. listen and do what they ask of me. anyone else can kick rocks.

LO is not there^^^ yet.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
If Lamar is an addict of any sort, it's unfortunate and I feel awful for him. Addiction is no joke whatsoever, obviously. Yeah, sure, if the rumors are true, no one is forcing him to smoke crack, drink excessively, or whatever, but addiction ain't pretty. I've witnessed it first hand.

One of my best friends has been to rehab six or seven times, and has been struggling with heroin addiction for about twenty years. He most recently went to rehab and relapsed within a month or two after finishing the program. He's one of the smartest people (and talented musicians) I've ever met, but, as they say, the drug does not discriminate. He's like a brother to me, and it's all beyond sad. Apparently he's run out of money and is now on meth based on some photos he's sent me within the past couple of weeks and a few conversations with him and mutual friends. It's a much cheaper doctor. The situation makes me sick to my stomach.

In sum, if the rumors about LO are true, I hope he gets the help he needs and gets on the road to recovery, however difficult that road is to go down or embrace.
see^^ thats a tough thing to even read. but it happens to a lot of good people. but the truth is. like i said. its not all biological as far as the addiction of the drug/substance.

you use to do drugs when you seemed to be on top of your game, to stay on top of your game. then you started doing them because the pressure of delivering (coming thru at work, with family, friends, etc) was getting to you. Then you start to slip. your game started to show signs of slippage. the pressure to deliver is mounting. more drugs to drown out the pressure. more slippage. more pressure. more depression because you've slipped so far. more depression, more more drug abuse. you think you're read to stop. you get help. the drug is calling you because the pressure is still there for you to crawl your way back out of the hole. it takes discipline to get off of drugs. where will you get that from if you havent seen it in years? you almost dont remember what that is.
the only way you pull that off is to follow a strict plan. and stay on that plan and never get off of that plan no matter what. the plan has to become your new drug. you're addicted to plan. when off of the plan you feel ill. You will then start to learn or relearn techniques to deal with the pressures of life. you may have anxiety issues(it can happen to the best of us). you need to deal with this accordingly. but you have to be sick and tired of being sick and tired of being an addict to get to this point.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: